• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

Forsete

Never heard of springs settling before.
I just stumbled on it on a forum while researching. :messenger_winking:

I will do it when things have calmed down at work, the week after next things will have calmed down.
I have the report from the wheel alignment I did a few months ago, so it will be interesting to compare with the new one.

StueyDuck

Just got me one of these bad boys for the start of the world cup this weekend. R2500 approx ... now In non monopoly money probs about $150-180 around there.

it is the player jersey, not the supporter or stadium ver
STs7Ydr.jpg

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Pair of Air Max Terrascape 90 made from sustainable materials

air-max-terrascape-90-shoes-3WvMt2.png

A Samsung 970 M.2 SSD for my PC, will be the second HDD for storage and game installs.

81INGIfs4xL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Also Starfield but no pics since I didn't spend that money to get the physical edition...

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Just got me one of these bad boys for the start of the world cup this weekend. R2500 approx ... now In non monopoly money probs about $150-180 around there.

it is the player jersey, not the supporter or stadium ver
STs7Ydr.jpg

Nice. I bought the England one, not that I think I'll be wearing it for long. We'll struggle to get out of the group. Possibly the worst England side I've ever seen. Completely hopeless. The whole squad needs a rebuild and a whole new coaching team.

South Africa on the other hand are my pick to win the tournament. Efficient, deadly and a joy to watch.

StueyDuck

Nice. I bought the England one, not that I think I'll be wearing it for long. We'll struggle to get out of the group. Possibly the worst England side I've ever seen. Completely hopeless. The whole squad needs a rebuild and a whole new coaching team.

South Africa on the other hand are my pick to win the tournament. Efficient, deadly and a joy to watch.
I obviously wanna say we'll win, but I'm also very cautious because I know all eyes will be on us as previous winners (and after smashing NZ last weekend)

There are plenty of strong great teams to watch out this year with France being a big pick in our fantasy league we have going among friends.

But my heart will always be behind the bokke

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I obviously wanna say we'll win, but I'm also very cautious because I know all eyes will be on us as previous winners (and after smashing NZ last weekend)

There are plenty of strong great teams to watch out this year with France being a big pick in our fantasy league we have going among friends.

But my heart will always be behind the bokke

Or maybe it'll be a repeat of the finals of 2007 and 2019, but this time England actually beat SA..........in my dreams 😄

Kenpachii

Went full retard and bought a gaming laptop with some extra expansions.

Found the steam deck lacking performance. but still wanted something somewhat mobile so decided on a gaming laptop and decided to pimp it out while at it as its my main gaming pc at that point.

Features a 8/16 5ghz ryzen zen 3+ cpu, 16gb of ddr5 4800, 8gb v-ram 4060 which is equal towards the desktop part. 1080p screen. It's still a small laptop which is great, will connect it towards the tv like i have my steam deck so all fine for me.

A bit overkill on the upgrades however, laptop was 1150 nice price, but decided to pimp it out.
- Added 4tb SSD 4800 read speeds, and a 2tb SSD with 7000 speeds to max out gen 4 slot for direct storage going further down the line. That's 6TB total, sweet sweet space.
- Went total balls deep on the memory its only 60 bucks more expensive, but eliminates all the memory problems for the future, specially as i have a ton of shit always running on the background so 64gb total.
- Some USB hub, to connect some more stuff if needed.

Total 530 or something on upgrades pretty expensive but then i have something decked out.

4060 doesn't sound like much, but this laptop runs practically anything without effort, specially because of DLSS and framegen. So works for me.

RM9Ejbn.png

14ngAQx.png
JBsdyQA.png

today:

engine coolant/anti-freeze - £11
car air filter - £10
UV torch - £8
nintendo switch lite - £140
micro sd card 128gb - £10
switch lite screen protector - £8
vibration dampers for my escooter - £6
petrol - £35
electricity - £50

In prep for my new 4080 PC.

Paid 80 for the pad, I think it's a good bargain.

CWrGBGL.jpg
i need a new xbox controller for my PC. i have an Xbox One controller but the Y button doesn't work right and the controller will sometimes randomly die.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Finally replaced all the toilet seats in the house, with bidets. Fuck off toilet paper (okay, some can stay):

GswKBMJ.jpg

Also replaced my decades old Bosch Red Laser Level with a Bosch 360 Green Laser Level. So much easier to see the lines now, in a greater variety of lighting conditions:

images

And lastly, a Thule Onto Cargo Box to give us more storage space for our trips :

images

Been saving ages for these items, so it's great not having them live rent free in my head anymore.

Finally replaced all the toilet seats in the house, with bidets. Fuck off toilet paper (okay, some can stay):

GswKBMJ.jpg

Also replaced my decades old Bosch Red Laser Level with a Bosch 360 Green Laser Level. So much easier to see the lines now, in a greater variety of lighting conditions:

images

And lastly, a Thule Onto Cargo Box to give us more storage space for our trips :

images

Been saving ages for these items, so it's great not having them live rent free in my head anymore.
i thought of this when i saw that fancy ass toilet set up.

iu

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

Kabelly

I have been debating spending over $500 for a damn blender for so long and Vitamix finally had a sale on one of their best models (albeit refurbished). Still has a 5 year warranty so if something is wrong I can return it. My ninja is servicable but when you try to blend thicker stuff it still struggles. You can make nut butter in this thing I'll def try stuff like that and the smoothness of blending smoothies is allegedy unmatched. A lot of chefs I know give it praise so we'll see.

ascent_a3500-brushedstainless_rightglam-620x620_1.jpg

Kenpachii

Seems like a koopje!

Yea decided to sell my desktop because i bought a gaming laptop now with a 4080 in it, but i have it hooked up to a TV most of the time, but my tv is like a 8 year old led tv that's total shit for gaming. Got like 700 bucks for my desktop guy bought it directly, and i have some other shit to sell that will go up to 1000+, bought a new tv for that. Need that VRR and good colors and clean motion. the ghosting on this screen is horrendes.

New month, new books!

oLuQCsO.png

I know which books are next for you...more in the Rama series. You cannot just read one of those if you're Sci-Fi reader.

If you like those by Clarke, try this -

0812576403.jpg

Then you'll fall in love with Baxter's hard sci-fi writing and you should then read this -

Moonseed_Stephen_Baxter.jpg

OverHeat

« generous god »
I thought you weren't going to buy it? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

are you going to get any use out of it or did you just buy it because you could?

post some benchmarks of the speed please?? is it a 12gb/s???

what temp does it run at? are you putting a heatsink on it?
Could not cancel my order since they already ship it. I bought it just because hahahah tomorrow if I have the time I will be installing it for sure I will post benchmarks and temp results.

Praise consumerism!
Let's post this thread all the interesting things we have recently purchased.

Here some basic guidelines:
  • Everything goes, from a House, Japanese candies, classic muscle car, latest iPhone, boutique kitchenware or some obscure craft beer from your area - you get the idea
  • Always post the price
  • If possible also post a picture (a pic from google is ok but posting your own picture is more interesting and engaging)
  • It does not matter if the purchase is a brand new item or used from your local flee market
  • Do not post everyday stuff like basic groceries
  • Do not shame users for paying scalper prices
  • Do not shame or belittle users for their purchases
  • Discussion and questions about purchased goods and services is welcome
Picked up The Binding of Isaac Ultimate something something on steam last night.
It was on special for $1.24 and I had $2 bucks in my wallet and though, what the heck, heard it's a classic

Top Bottom