• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Thanks. I knew about the tear and I’m using it to avoid the damage to phase 2. As for the rest… not sure how much this will help me. I have no so much problems with the bleeding damage per se, but with the damage Mohg is doing in general in phase 2. It’s almost impossible to avoid it. Have to practice my dodges there. So hard…
Ironically, Mohg is weak to bleed...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Ironically, Mohg is weak to bleed...
i was surprised by that as well….in one of my Arc build I destroy him with Reduvia dagger
Reduvia.png

Seriously this weapon really strong and you can get very early.

lachesis

Finally! Finished TOTK. I bought it on day 1 - so it took me 11 months to finish. Not even sure how many hours I've played.. :(
Mostly completed - All side quests, 1000 Koroks, bubble frogs, wells, all armors fully upgraded, all the Hudson signs, all the compendium...

As much as I enjoyed the game, I wasn't too kin of the new group of sages and all.
I liked BOTW's story a little better - but liked the original 4 champions on BOTW much more likeable for some reason.

It had so much content, and most of them are shallow-ish... with very little reward, but strangely it was pretty satisfying experience as the core mechanics and animation was quite superb.
And to think this was done in a system that's weaker than my iPhone 13, it really blows my mind. It wasn't the bridge, for me - it was to open a door with chain with a wheel. And my playthru was mostly bug-free experience - so polished and all, which was quite frankly the most impressive part of this game.

Now looking foward to play some other games. Probably something much shorter, I hope.
Yakuza 7 Kaiden on Game Pass being the first choice.

bender

What time is it?
Rolled credits on Dave the Diver. I really loved the opening hours but as neat as it is that it kept throwing new things at you, but for every new game play homage it introduced, the lack of focus started to show and hurt the overall package.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
In one hand finishing games is super satisfying but in other hand there is always have this empty feeling after finishing a very good game.

Thankfully Stellar Blade is almost here.

Gandih42

Finished Sable recently on PS5. Really great vibes game, but it is really hampered by poor performance. I imagine it would be a literal nightmare for people that are sensitive to low FPS. The dev team is really small so I doubt it'll ever get better, but I'd replay an 'Enhanced' version someday if they made it. Gliding around that world at 60 FPS is amazing. I will definitely be getting the soundtrack on vinyl at some point.

In any case, since then I got started on FF7 Rebirth and made it to the Junon region. Seems like they really nailed the structure of the game, essentially taking the 'side-quest' chapters from Remake and expanding them to open zones that digs deeper into the games systems and gives more characterization of the main cast and side characters. Loving it and excited to see where the story goes (never played the original but obviously familiar with some of the key moments).

It'll take a brief break from that to get straight into the Rising Tide DLC for FFXVI though. One of the few times I'll actually be playing something new, while its new. The last DLC was awesome so I have high expectations from the gameplay perspective. I hope it will also be a meaningful addition to the main story or the main character arcs. Sort of like how the Xenoblade DLCs do.

Dr. Suchong

Alan wake Remastered.
Pretty good, but holy shit, how many times does Alan have to lose his torch and gun throughout the game?
Samus has some competition for losing shit.

Mr Hyde

Playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PS5 with the new 4K 60 patch. Looks so good, absolutely smashing art direction. I love the setting with the Mayan mythology and lore. Discovering old Aztec temples and uncovering cursed artifacts. I think this game is my favorite of the trilogy.

amigastar

About to play Fallout 2 with Restoration Project. Never played it. If i like it will continue playing and if not i have several other games to play.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Going to start some Prince of Persia: Lost Crown tonight / tomorrow. Hoping to have fun, seems to have been received pretty well all things considered.

Platinumed Dredge on PS5. Enjoyed that. Unusual storytelling, but really good.

I have it downloaded for a long while but never got around to playing it. It looks so interesting.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Going to start some Prince of Persia: Lost Crown tonight / tomorrow. Hoping to have fun, seems to have been received pretty well all things considered.

I have it downloaded for a long while but never got around to playing it. It looks so interesting.

Interesting is a good word for it. Gets pretty deep and dark along the way, but in a good way. The story was really unexpected. Small cast of characters. Small number of side quests. Building up your boat is a lot of fun. Interesting scenery to explore. Fishing is done really well. Highly recommend.

adamsapple

Just picked up Kingdom Come Deliverance on sale for $4. No idea if / when I'll get the time to play it, lol. Maybe before the sequel comes out.

King Dazzar

Just picked up Kingdom Come Deliverance on sale for $4. No idea if / when I'll get the time to play it, lol. Maybe before the sequel comes out.
iirc when I looked into getting it once on XSX it had performance issues even at 30fps. It looked like a great game but needed a PC otherwise it would likely feel pretty rough for a game all about immersion. Will be interesting to hear what you think. Accepting that you thought Redfall was good 😁

adamsapple

iirc when I looked into getting it once on XSX it had performance issues even at 30fps. It looked like a great game but needed a PC otherwise it would likely feel pretty rough for a game all about immersion. Will be interesting to hear what you think. Accepting that you thought Redfall was good 😁

Keep in mind I played RF long after its release, when they put out the 60 FPS patch and generally improved the game a lot since launch :p

Hoping they do a Kingdom 1 patch too (and if they do, it'll probably end up increasing the game price). < $5 seems like a pretty good price though so no regerts.

AndrewRyan

My friend got a bad ass racing rig and we've been playing Forza Motorsport and iRacing. iRacing in VR with a force-feedback wheel is something very special. So much feedback from the 'tires' you take corrective action sooner and it feels so good. The quality of the pedal setup shits so hard on my current wheel it's like a different game. Easier to feather the brakes and throttle cause you feel where they are as you push. This could become a whole hobby in of itself.

I finally managed to beat FFVII Rebirth after 130 hours and loved it.

Funny both this game and Persona 3 Reload took me exactly around 130 hours but Unicorn Overlord took me 140 hours (I was literally obsessed with that game).

Now I’m finally ready for Stellar Blade!

bring-it-gabrielle-union.gif
Goddamn. A conservative estimate that you have spent 1/3 of your waking hours over the past two months just playing just these three games.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Playing through Super Mario Sunshine. Been a while since I played it and never finished the game back when it came out. Visually, the game is gorgeous on Dolphin and the music is better than I remember. I forget how great the level design is too. Even though it's kind of all the same tropical theme. On the other hand, this game has me fighting with the controls and camera more than I would like. It's uncharacteristic of a Mario game. Everything else around that aspect of the game is amazing though.

Mr Hyde

Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks absolutely gorgeous. This remaster makes the game almost look proper next gen. The environments, the lighting, Lara, everything looks so good. And at 60 fps it plays better than ever. I remember the game struggle a lot on PS4 but now it's brought up to snuff with great quality enhancements. It's also very fun to play. Lots of tombs to explore. The Mayan setting is ripe with old Inca temples to plunder and artifacts to steal. Story is a bit cliche but the exploration and combat is very good.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
After the rumors spread about the Dead Space 2 remake being cancelled or not, I decided to fire up the Dead Space remake to clean up a few NG+ trophies. Yeah it's a risk averse title to me, but I do think it's one of the best remakes Ive ever played hands down.

Now that that's done, Im going to try to knock out both DS2 and 3 via Xbox BC before Stellar Blade and the Fallout update next week.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Playing through Super Mario Sunshine. Been a while since I played it and never finished the game back when it came out. Visually, the game is gorgeous on Dolphin and the music is better than I remember. I forget how great the level design is too. Even though it's kind of all the same tropical theme. On the other hand, this game has me fighting with the controls and camera more than I would like. It's uncharacteristic of a Mario game. Everything else around that aspect of the game is amazing though.
I’ve got a real love-hate relationship with Sunshine. It’s such a gorgeous game with just an incredible setting, but so many of the challenges are just straight-up bullshit, but in a bad way. Usually due to the camera. I would kill for a true remaster of that game with a proper camera and some tweaked levels.

hinch7

Nearing the end of my replay of Killzone Shadowfall. Not played it since near the launch of PS4, not as bad as people make it out to be. Quite a fun game, if a bit simplistic - gameplay as well as the general arrative. Graphically still pretty decent considering its over a decade old launch title. Also playing MW3 MP and though I stopped playing for a few weeks, Bioshock Infinite. Which is pretty fun on the Steam Deck, especially when using the gyro to assist with aim. Adds a bit more immersion.

Might get back into Darktide with its new updates.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I'm almost eight hours into Metroid Prime Remastered (40%). I've started the game a half dozen times in the past, including when it launched on Game Cube and always stopped just short of getting the double jump so I've made it way further than ever before having just got the Gravity Suit. The atmosphere in the game is fantastic. The bosses outside of the Little Shop of Horrors boss have been a little disappointing. There is a ton of backtracking but I don't mind it much as getting really familiar with the levels let's you know where to go next and it isn't like that wasn't a huge part of the originals. And speaking of being trope forward, I find the frequent respawning enemies pretty annoying. I try to remind myself of the original game having one analog stick and the combat being designed around that with a big reliance on lock on and strafe dodging, but it mostly feels uninteresting at best and tedious at worst. I mostly just ignore enemies now and maybe that's the way to play and a staple of the series. I do think there is probably better ways to incorporate the visor and weapon switching into a control scheme, but I digress. I'm still having a good time but I'm not sure it will end up being a pantheon game for me. Still, it is a bucket list game for me and hopefully it will be crossed off in the next few days.

Guys, I went on a huge RE bender. Starting with OG RE2, which I beat all four scenarios.. then to Nemesis, then Code Veronica, then Re3make, Re4make, REmake and finally RE Zero. They are all honestly so amazing though I have a complaint or two, mostly about Zero.

I actually like the partner system and how it was done here more than RE 5. I did spend quite a while here and there with item management but once I got the flow of it I thought it was fine. There was only one time at the very end of the game when I felt like it was quite a long walk back to get my Grenade Launcher since those kind of weapons are frustratingly two slots. They also put respawns on the way back in places you'd probably not ever visit just to kill you I think 😅.

But the story is awful, the villain is awful. Probably one of the worst RE stories period. But I still enjoyed the game itself overall.

But aside from those minor complaints I really loved all of them. Some of them I had beaten before but a couple I had never beaten (maybe only played a few hours) like Code Veronica and Zero. I really thirst for another fixed camera angle RE game.. 😔.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have serious doubts that Capcom would greenlight that direction for any new Resident Evil title. This is probably as close as you are going to get:

Is that anything at all like Tormented Soul? Remember when we were all playing that? lol if I wanted classic RE I’d replay the REmake for the X amount of time. No substitutes.

I recently got the Platinum for Tekken 8. That was fun. Been playing Rise of the Ronin. Stellar Blade is preloaded and I’ve got No Rest for the Wicked ready to go.

Is that anything at all like Tormented Soul? Remember when we were all playing that? lol if I wanted classic RE I’d replay the REmake for the X amount of time. No substitutes.
I never played Tormented Souls. My favorite tank-control survival horror game is Obscure, so I doubt my opinion would hold water for a fan of Resident Evil anyways.

I have serious doubts that Capcom would greenlight that direction for any new Resident Evil title. This is probably as close as you are going to get:

This looks really cool, I will look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

I really wish they would, I don't mind it they keep making OTS RE, but I would love to see what they could do in modern times with a real budget on fixed camera classic style like REmake. Dreams. I think first person is my least favorite for RE , but I still enjoyed 7.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I never played Tormented Souls. My favorite tank-control survival horror game is Obscure, so I doubt my opinion would hold water for a fan of Resident Evil anyways.
From what I’m reading Obscure doesn’t run well on Steam Deck or PC. The sequel seems to be ok. Any thoughts on the sequel? It seems like the GOG version is the best version of Obscure.

Still playing THE FINALS on the weekends with my brother and friend for multiplayer fix.
Picked up BROKEN ROADS on release as I've been looking forward to that since it was announced 5 years ago. Enjoying my play through, first big update launched over night with a heap of improvements!

Dazraell

I've been bouncing between FFVII Rebirth, PowerWash Simulator and GTA: Liberty City Stories

Rebirth is great, I have a blast with playing it. I'm currently about halfway in the main story. PowerWash Sim is way more addicting than it has any rights to be. Such an unexpected surprise. As for Liberty City Stories, I enjoy all of the enhancements they brought to the game and I think it's a fun way to revisit 3D era Liberty City, but I'm not a fan of its story. GTA games always have some weird stuff in them, but I felt some of the story beats in this entry were a bit too much

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Cannot believe I'm actually typing these words but... I beat Mohg earlier.

Damn, that was rough. I literally shouted FUCK YEAH, saved the last 15 minutes, turned off my PS5 and went for a walk when I had him.

Bruh man, phase 2 was just brutal. Didn't want to use any special tools or weapons (except the tear to get through the transition) but wanted to beat him with my standard +25 starting sword. Up until the very end the attack where he plunges the staff into the ground with the explosion afterwards was killing me. I just could... not... evade... it...

Anyway, for anyone who wants to witness my glorious moment, here you go.

Now off to the gym to get rid of the still shaking nerves.

€dit: In before someone writes how easy he is to beat.

Last edited:
As for Liberty City Stories, I enjoy all of the enhancements they brought to the game and I think it's a fun way to revisit 3D era Liberty City, but I'm not a fan of its story. GTA games always have some weird stuff in them, but I felt some of the story beats in this entry were a bit too much
Only thing I miss about it is the snow weather from car dealership mini-game.

Every From boss ever someone WILL tell you "they're a joke once you learn every move, use ten items at exactly this moment and don't get hit loool so easy bro".

Thanks Sherlock.
If you use azure comet with infinite mp crystal tear or +10 envoy longhorn bubble spam most bosses melt. Given that some summons can even solo bosses (even strongest ones with adequate aid from player) the choice to make a boss difficult is the player's.

Last edited:
After the rumors spread about the Dead Space 2 remake being cancelled or not, I decided to fire up the Dead Space remake to clean up a few NG+ trophies. Yeah it's a risk averse title to me, but I do think it's one of the best remakes Ive ever played hands down.

Now that that's done, Im going to knock out DS2 and 3 via Xbox BC before Stellar Blade and the Fallout update next week.
I've played through it several times now and I still maintain that DS is the gold standard of recent remakes. The major improvements are small details under the hood that mostly feel like "nah I think that was the same in the original right?". Thing is they really pile up and by the end of the game I was kind of blown away by how fucking tight, slick and sharp this game truly is. It feels like the original team did a Director's Cut with modern hardware. All the great shit about OG is there but improved and whatever wasn't polished to perfection yet, they addressed it imo.

I think the main issue is that Resi remakes are clear cut because the original games are much older and recognizably archaic. I can't hold it against the team that DS is already a very modern game. They had a job and fucking nailed it imo. Shit plays like buttah

I've played through it several times now and I still maintain that DS is the gold standard of recent remakes. The major improvements are small details under the hood that mostly feel like "nah I think that was the same in the original right?". Thing is they really pile up and by the end of the game I was kind of blown away by how fucking tight, slick and sharp this game truly is.
Is it true that the remake randomly spawns enemies in cleared areas as a form of dynamic difficulty?

Is it true that the remake randomly spawns enemies in cleared areas as a form of dynamic difficulty?
It has what they call and Intensity Director or whatever it was. The ship has been redesigned as interconnected to a degree and there are Metroidvania elements. So now if you're going back through cleared areas, there'll be random vents popping, lighting shenanigans, enemies bursting out etc. randomly to keep you on your toes. It's mostly done really well, nothing overly predictable.

Kings Field

Remnant 1. Already beat remnant 2 last year and the dlc so I wanted to come back to Remnant 1 since I’ve owned it for so long and ever played it.

Just finished God of War (2018) - played entirely on the Steam Deck via remote play. Mixed feelings - the presentation and story were truly epic and really well done, but the gameplay itself was pretty basic and poor IMO. Overstayed its welcome a bit too. Overall, enjoyed it, but need a break before tackling Ragnarok for sure.

Just started Fallout: New Vegas last night. Fallout 3 is still one of my most played games ever, but I think I was burnt out when New Vegas came out. Only a couple of hours in so far, but great stuff.

I think next will be FFVII Rebirth.

Top Bottom