• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Crayon

Well I escaped bg3 with my wife starting her own game. Phew. Playing that with her was one of my best ever gaming experiences but after 139 hours I was doooooone.

So I'm free to play Tekken 8. And I did. Unfortunately, that little more play time and ranking came with the realization that I'm not too happy with the game. Fighting game stuff. If you are going to casually enjoy the game, go for it. Should be a good buy. But as an online player who wants to put a bunch of time in, I'm going with the crowd and turning on it. 'm going to give that a rest and keep an eye out for updates.

So I'm fameless rn. I have played like 4 hours of the stellar blade demo and feel like I could play a little more. I've been watching the game more closely for the last year, and when they showed that extended gameplay video against a boss, I realized it could be pretty good.

And it is pretty good indeed. It's very hard to judge action gameplay without actually playing it, and my estimation about how good it would be was a wide range. Now that I've played it, I'd say it's towards the high end of that range.

IM day one on that, but in the meantime, I'm not sure what to play. Maybe some.rrtto games. My retro library has expanded significantly since the last time I played it. So maybe some of that for awhile.

Södy

Looked through my Steam backlog...

after finishing Bully, I finally played LEGO City Undercover. Was a nice game but I really prefer the movie adaptions of the LEGO games.

Now I am absolutely hooked to Planet Zoo. I loved both Jurassic World Evolution games, bought Planet Zoo a few years ago and player for ~ 2 hours before being completely overwhelmed by the customizations and features the game offers. Playing the career mode currently and having so much fun and starting to get the mechanics down.

Found Rising Storm 2 Vietnam as well. As a long time Battlefield player, holy moly did I die a lot. Really like this game now, the low TTK, no crosshair, giving a lot of Vietcong vibes is awesome. And the main menu music...

Beside all that, PUBG with my friends, Mario Kart 8 online and New Super Mario Bros U (collecting all star coins).

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night really does not want me to get the Muramasa before the inverted castle even after hours of trying...

Update: Muramasa finally dropped and is now leveled to 50 ATK. Off to the inverted castle.
alucard-castlevania-sotn-bat-form.gif
I'm pretty sure I used the Crissaegrim for most of the game. By the time I got a Muramasa, I had access to the actual best "weapon" in the game: Alucard's Shield.
Throne, I need to play it again...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Since I’m finished both Unicorn Overlord and Persona 3 Reload, I can finally get back to FFVII Rebirth.

Then I remember Stellar Blade is coming out soon….this year doesn’t know how to stop!

Thankfully this May there is no game for me so I can finally catch up to my unfinished games before SMT5 V and Elden Ring DLC drops in June.

foamdino

Still chugging through Octopath Traveller 2 - amazing game, now about 70% through but I'm seriously considering grabbing all the trophies for this one.
Gran Blue Fantasy: Relink is on rotation for when I want to grind - 70% through the main story as I'm taking it slow and doing all the questing etc
Restarted Path of Exile with the new league, playing melee for the first time (want to go righteous fire build for ez maps)

engstra

Made it all the way through Sifu! This game is really great, I played the game nonstop all yesterday evening without even noticing. Probably the best combat animations I've seen in a game. Looking back to where I started from a couple days ago the increase in my skills are noticeable.
I've got the final collectible left that you get for sparing all bosses, I'll probably give that a go.

Crayon

Okay plugged in my Saturn here. Last week I was on eBay and I saw uh... A stack of bootleg games lol. It definitely contained games that I would probably not acquire otherwise and it was cheap.

I just tried out Bootleg: Metal Slug. It takes the 1mb ram cart and wow it looks great. I don't have a neo geo but I'd like to see them because I don't remember the ng version running thia well. Could be wrong.

Dr. Suchong

I wish I had a way to play that!!
I have a pal copy on my Snes.
You could probably emulate it? I'm not that well versed on the emu scene unfortunately.
Edit.
I never realised it has substantial differences between the European /American and the Japanese release.
Damn, I'll have to try my hand at Emulation now 🤔

Last edited:

Blindy

Just finished Chapter 8 of Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2. Easy recommend if you at all liked the 1st one, it's the perfect game to shed 1-2 chapters a night on. Anything more would drive you to the walls as the combat gets extremely repetitive(Not sure what else can be done to fix this) and not much in the form of enemy variation(They introduce a brand new enemy that is basically a more evasive/rare version of an enemy that will escape after a few turns but can reward you handsomely if you succeed in killing it, think Persona series). Besides that, it's just such a well crafted SRPG and it has an easy to follow story which is appreciated. It feels like a cartoon you'd see on Cartoon Network or something, yet the game still does get somewhat dark in nature. Few new gimmicks that open the game up as well.

I wish I played this last year, think barring a collapse in the final 1/3, this would be a top 5 lock for me, arguably top 3 GOTY for me. Such an underrated series, so glad I got in on this last August with the 1st one before it got pulled from Game Pass. Doing the same with Fuga 2 since it came out Day 1 on the subscription last May. Due to this, I don't want to chance it and be on the hook to bum rush through the game in 1-2 weeks.

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Started Metal Hellsinger after reading it was the inspiration for Hi-Fi Rush. Meant to just give it a try but like it even more so Hi-Fi is kicked to the curb for now. Game feels similar to Doom Eternal but with rhythm shooting. Probably gonna get all the DLC.

Dazraell

I've been currently playing GTA: Liberty City Stories. I'm enjoying it, but I do have some gripes with it. A lot of enhancements they brought are solid and are significantly improving the overall experience. Driving bikes is specially a really fun addition and makes revisiting streets of Liberty City feeling much more fresh. That said, I don't dig the story so far, already finished about 20-something missions and didn't felt hooked in a same way I was when I was replaying GTA 3 a few months ago

bender

What time is it?
After wrapping up Dragon's Dogma 2 and the last 3rd annoying the piss out of me, I started another Elden Ring playthrough with my buddy.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Beat Dragon's Dogma 2 just yesterday and honestly I wouldn't mind playing it all again, specially with the custom difficulty mod.

But after giving it some thought I'd rather wait, maybe they patch it up some more or include some sweet new content or even an official Hard Mode like in DD1.

So it's time to finally start Unicorn Overlord! Love me some Vanillaware stuff, heard very good things about their latest game.

Resident Evil 2 on Playstation is up next. Enjoying it so far a couple of hours of wandering the PD but going down to the sewers or wherever it is next.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I have way too many games going on now. I'm, uh, gonna try and not buy anything new until I finish all of this:

FFVII Rebirth - I'm on the boat omw to Costa del Sol, doing the QB tournament. So far I can't beat the final match chick, but I'm sure I'll get it soon.

Trails of Cold Steel - I finished Trails to Azure the other day (what an amazing series the Zero/Azure arc was!) and am now continuing my journey with Cold Steel. Excitement!

Dragon's Dogma 2 - Haven't progressed too far here. I'm in the capital, doing all sorts of side quests and working on the main quest as well. Loving it so far.

Still on tap: Robocop Rogue City, Unicorn Overlord, FFXVI, and a shitton of other games I've bought but either haven't played at all or have started but pushed aside.

Paltheos

Street Fighter 6 online against randos, Helldivers 2 with my friends on game nights. We're pretty comfortably stomping difficulty 7 missions now - we can even split up to look for the super samples. Some of our characters are almost maxed out on ship modules and stratagem unlocks, so we should probably dip our toes into deeper waters. I think we've done a single difficulty 8 mission? I'm up for trying 9 tbh.

Trails of Cold Steel - I finished Trails to Azure the other day (what an amazing series the Zero/Azure arc was!) and am now continuing my journey with Cold Steel. Excitement!

Enjoy. Opinions are mixed on Cold Steel. I personally think the first game is very good and does most of the things it sets out to do very well. Tied for the top spot for me with Sky 3 and Azure.

I like ranking things:
1) Sky 3
1) Azure
1) CS1
4) Sky 2
4) CS2
6) Reverie
7) CS4
8) CS3
9) Sky 1
10) Zero

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Street Fighter 6 online against randos, Helldivers 2 with my friends on game nights. We're pretty comfortably stomping difficulty 7 missions now - we can even split up to look for the super samples. Some of our characters are almost maxed out on ship modules and stratagem unlocks, so we should probably dip our toes into deeper waters. I think we've done a single difficulty 8 mission? I'm up for trying 9 tbh.

Enjoy. Opinions are mixed on Cold Steel. I personally think the first game is very good and does most of the things it sets out to do very well. Tied for the top spot for me with Sky 3 and Azure.

I like ranking things:
1) Sky 3
1) Azure
1) CS1
4) Sky 2
4) CS2
6) Reverie
7) CS4
8) CS3
9) Sky 1
10) Zero

I like the rankings, thanks for that. You really hated Zero that much? I thought it did a great job of setting things up, but I do agree that Azure is amazing, and for sure Sky 3 is the pinnacle for me so far.
I'm excited to get going with Cold Steel 1, I'm assuming it covers the Erebonian civil war.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
mostly...

Mario Picross 2 on backlight-modded OG Game Boy
Tecmo Super Bowl (2024 roster mod)
Quake 2 (VR Quest port)
Half Life 2: Episode One (VR mod; need to finish this and move onto ep2)

Started Claire B on RE2.. B scenario is definitely slightly harder because I didn't close those damn shutters. I had the circuit and everything but thought for some reason I needed to put it on B scenario but in retrospect it's obvious I needed to do it in A.

But still so great how they shuffle things up makes it feel fresh.

drganon

Unicorn overlord- beat story, now just going for platinum.

One piece odyssey- About Halfway through.

Dusk- Just started final episode.

[Sigma]

Helldivers 2. 4-9 difficulties mostly responding to the first SOS beacon I see. Been like 80% Automaton missions the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Roberts

Playing Evil West, a mission per day. It's not great or anything and basically a ps360 era game, but I think it gets way more fun when you get all kinds of upgrades and weapons so at least it motivates you to be creative with kills.

I come back to Lightyear Frontier once in a while. It's a farming adventure where you control a mech on a strange planet, still in early access but very polished already. I'm not sure if I want to stick with until the end, but it's a good game if you are into that sort of thing.

1000/1000 Brotato. Finally, can wipe it off my xbox.

Played shitloads of GP games with my daughter. I think I like that new SpongeBob game more than she does. It is simply too hard for her. She liked PAW Patrol World - I think it is a very way to introduce kids to the concept of an open world game. We just started Lil Gator game and it is already super charming.

Installed Solar Ash - will play it this evening and need to go back and play more Banishers but I'm really not into long game session at the moment.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

I finished Super Aleste today.
Last time I did that was 25 years ago (Yikes)
Felt good man 👍
I stink at shmups. Level five imo is a bit of a spike.

Last edited:

Markio128

I’ve recently become stuck on the chapter 10 boss in FF7 R, so I’m having a mini break with that one (though I will try again this weekend). In the meantime, I’ve been playing DD2. I’ve enjoyed it for the most part, but it can be a bit aimless and janky at times, so it’s far from perfect imo. The lack of fast travel is starting to grate on me a bit. I do have ferry stones, but it‘s finding portals that has been the issue. I bumped into the Sphinx last night, but I couldn’t find any portal nearby and I had to go back to the city to upgrade my gear, and shed some pounds, so I’m going to need to trot all the way back there to continue.

After finishing the Leon A/Claire B, I'm conflicted on playing again with Claire A/Leon B or just moving on to Remake or RE3. Decisions! I want to make my way to CODE: Veronica but want to play these first. I'm tempted to do Re3 before Remake because it's so much closer to the RE2 gameplay I was really enjoying (I just mean visually, aesthetically, etc).

Last edited:

Pimpollo818

Webbed - lovely swinging mechanic weighed down by physics object manipulation. I didn't have to hack my save but I nearly thought I had to. Some jank. Lovely music

Boomerang X - a gimick arena based FPS where you launch and teleport to your projectile. I enjoy this in short bursts, get bored if I stretch playsession

Islets - an EXCELLENT metroidvania with incredible pacing, great level design, an easy to read map, nice tunes, controls are a bit floaty for my taste but I'm having a fantastic time

Immortals Fenyx - like BOTW, but with a Ubisoft styled open world filled with boring loot and repetitive puzzles. solid mechanics, I just couldn't stomach it after a while. I wish there was more space between things, I couldn't shake this feeling like an overly stuffed/suffocating amusement park.

I'm pretty sure I used the Crissaegrim for most of the game. By the time I got a Muramasa, I had access to the actual best "weapon" in the game: Alucard's Shield.
Throne, I need to play it again...
I tried that one. There is a two handed sword that is similar but hits harder. My favorite is still Shield Rod with Medusa Shield. I was just bummed during my last run because many weapons would not drop. My biggest disappointment is the Estoc. All it does is thrust, but you can't even do Wolf Rise with it. Had to resort to a stupid book jump because of it, which added about 10 minutes to my next run (includes drop farming in Coliseum), which ended up beating Dracula in 1 hour 40 minutes.

If you do Death skip at the start you keep the Alucard Shield. Easiest way is starting with luck mode "X-X!V ' ' Q" and getting hit by the middle warg in the prior hallway while having top four equipment slots empty. You need to save before you can equip anything again though.

P.S. It might be a while before I do another run. I don't know whether I am going to try getting everything or if I am just going to try and lower my time to 1 hour 25 minutes.

Last edited:
I'm on the streets of Raccoon City with Jill Valentine.. immediately blew myself up with a fire barrel by being too close.. time to restart the game I hadn't saved yet. Lol
There is a generator with a small electrical discharge at the bottom of the stairs on the street. Be careful not to hit it while in close proximity. Also keep your eyes and ears open for those bobbleheads!

Crew511A

Finished Jedi Survivor and was actually sad I finished it. Much better than the first entry, and made me wish these guys could make a series for Disney.

Anyway, thinking about moving onto Shining Force CD on my Genesis Mini 2. I've never played it all the way through, which is really strange considering how much I love the 3 main entries.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Started my anual re-run of RE3 Remake. Great game.

Also clearing the Mountaintop of the Giants in Elden Ring now. Feels like quite a useless area and From made it "just because". It's just a huge area with load of re-used ememies and barely anything to find in it. Not sure what is yet to come but at the moment I would say the game should have ended when I reached the Erden-Tree.

Also clearing the Mountaintop of the Giants in Elden Ring now. Feels like quite a useless area and From made it "just because". It's just a huge area with load of re-used ememies and barely anything to find in it. Not sure what is yet to come but at the moment I would say the game should have ended when I reached the Erden-Tree.
I really like Consecrated Snowfield with winter motif, but Mountaintop of Giants and all of Caelid I would have cut in the planning stage.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

The snow area might be the weakest part of the game, but if memory serves right you still have to find and play through not one, but two of the imho coolest areas in the game. Have fun lol.

Top Bottom