• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk. I got the trophy for defeating a 1,000 enemies in a single mission. Which was fun to do. It has its highs and it’s lows. Lows mainly come from the production value of being a DW type game and that it basically inserts clips from the films before each battle. I’m looking forward to post-Eclipse content. It’s definitely been enjoyable.

Deathloop - I am loving it and I suffer from being frustrated with it all at the same time. I just want to push forward, but I haven’t gotten all the info for a complete run yet. I feel like I am having a good experience and then without fault it wants something else.

I preloaded Diablo 2, so I’m looking forward to that. I’ve been excited for Elden Ring, so not a whole lot is getting me all that excited. About 126 days until Elden Ring.

Are you playing on a Vita or on your TV?

My PC. But it's something that I noticed even on my RG351P.

GreenAlien

Evil Within 2

I heard this was an open world game, so I was ready for a huge map with lot's of points of interest.
It's not. No idea what those people are on about. It's about as open as the average JRPG with one or two slightly bigger maps that allow for a minimum of exploration, but it's all very small and straightforward.

Anyway, good game, like it about as much as the first one.

Nozz-A-La

Minecraft Dungeons.

I’d already put a ridiculous amount of hours into it and then quit playing a while back, but the new dlc gave me an excuse to jump back in. I had forgotten just how fun it is.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Playing through Final Fantasy XV for the third time since launch. Really getting into the universe this time, watching the anime and movie, reading the prologue, doing all the DLC as it occurs in storyline. Wiping out as many sidequests as I can before I hit Altissia, and probably doing the post game content for the first time. May give Comrades a go, but I'll probably have to solo it, and I hear that's a grind. I've got a lot of thoughts about this game, may do a RTTP soon.

well i finally finished Assassins Creed Origins. So decided to get Valhalla while its half price.

feels like a mistake. I should've waited and gotten Death Stranding directors cut or something. Graphically Valhalla is driving me insane. I can't get the HDR to look tolerable. And even in SDR the game doesn't look good. Its just one of the worst looking games i've seen in awhile. The combat in AC: Origins isn't great by any means, but somehow it feels worse in Valhalla. The game just feels clunkier and less responsive and even buggier than Origins or Odyssey.

The game seems to want me to be the female Eivor. But i didn't buy a viking game to NOT be a dude with a beard. Unfortunately the dialogue and animations seem to make male eivor soft and feminine or something. Idk seems off to me.

I like the aesthetic, the clothes, weapons. So im gonna push through for a little while. But i haven't been disappointed immediately after a purchase this bad in awhile. Like 8 mins in i already didn't like it lol

Last edited:

lachesis

Finished Persona 5 Strikers - platinummed & generally had great time (150+ hours)

Started Great Ace Attorney Chronicles on my Switch. (1st time turning it on in quite some time - as it's been mostly PS5 - XSX) I do have few Switch games that I want to get to, but I'm a bit burnt after finishing 150 hour session. Maybe RPGs would take a break for a few weeks.

In the mean time, been busy trying to set up my new 17" CRT monitor as dedicated retro gaming station, connecting all the Mini (NES Classic, SNES Classic, Mega Drive Mini, PC-Engine MIni, and RetroPie) - spending as little money as possibly can or buying as little new stuff as possibly can while keeping the wires clean.... and it turned out to be a bit harder than I anticpated. So much wiring.

I may just end up using one auxillary HDMI and USB cable for the minis and swap it as I play them. (except retropie - that it retropie power supply fried my PC engine mini before, so not taking that chance again) - I don't like the idea pulling in and out the HDMI cables in general though - because I broke one port before... but the wiring is just too much for small space. I may keep short HDMI cables attached to the minis at all time, and use female/female HDMI adapter for the aux input cable... so that at least I can just replace the cable once it's broken.

Fools idol

Banned
Is Legend of Grimrock 2 worth the time? has been on my Steam library for an age but never got around to trying it out.

Going through my immense backlog has been fun so far.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
well i finally finished Assassins Creed Origins. So decided to get Valhalla while its half price.

feels like a mistake. I should've waited and gotten Death Stranding directors cut or something. Graphically Valhalla is driving me insane. I can't get the HDR to look tolerable. And even in SDR the game doesn't look good. Its just one of the worst looking games i've seen in awhile. The combat in AC: Origins isn't great by any means, but somehow it feels worse in Valhalla. The game just feels clunkier and less responsive and even buggier than Origins or Odyssey.

The game seems to want me to be the female Eivor. But i didn't buy a viking game to NOT be a dude with a beard. Unfortunately the dialogue and animations seem to make male eivor soft and feminine or something. Idk seems off to me.

I like the aesthetic, the clothes, weapons. So im gonna push through for a little while. But i haven't been disappointed immediately after a purchase this bad in awhile. Like 8 mins in i already didn't like it lol

These were my exact takeaways from Valhalla as well. I gave it a good fifteen hours before giving up on it. Even as a massive AC fan who finished all of the prior entries aside from 3, I just couldn't. It also doesn't help that prior to

leaving the Nordic lands

It is like nothing but various shades of ugly grey punctuated by far too much walking through boring, barren lands

marcincz

Started Galaxian on Evercade, yesterday. I've never played this title in '80 or '90 and I must admit that's very tought.
Reached 11 lvl and ~ 29 k points, but world record ~ 1,6 mln

GeekyDad

After hundreds of hours replaying FFTA2, I'm starting a new file of Yokai Watch 3. Always thought it was a cute game, but never actually finished it. It's been a while, though, so figure I'll restart.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Going through the motions in AC Valhalla until Kena and Diablo 2 Remastered are out.

Holy shit AC Valhalla is huge and it never seems to stop adding new areas. Norway was kina big, no? Here you go, main England made 10 times bigger. Oh, no enough? Here you go, 2 god realms. Still want more? Here you go, Vinland.
Like, what the actual fuck? This is straight MMO stuff. I'm only doing the story and there is no end in sight. Nothing of it is really bad, some of it is acutally quite good but damn... Luckily all the side quests are so incredibly obtuse it's really easy to just ignore them.

This was probably my last AC game. Feel like the AAA game industry is completely outgrowing me with these games. It's just too much. Wonder how many people actually have the time to constantly play these kind of games.

Södy

I played Valhalla and really liked it but only because I absolutely love the Viking theme. If this was egypt mythology, I would have felt the same, quitting after a few minutes.

I played Valhalla and really liked it but only because I absolutely love the Viking theme. If this was egypt mythology, I would have felt the same, quitting after a few minutes.
i haven't completely turned around on it. But its getting better. I fixed the HDR problem. i messed with the HUD so its not showing me every collectible. And i got to england. So im having a better time now.

The game still feels clunky combat wise. But maybe when i unlock more skills it won't bother me as much.

Södy

i haven't completely turned around on it. But its getting better. I fixed the HDR problem. i messed with the HUD so its not showing me every collectible. And i got to england. So im having a better time now.

The game still feels clunky combat wise. But maybe when i unlock more skills it won't bother me as much.
Yeah, it gets better but the game is waaaay too long imo. I have ~ 66 hours on it having done nearly all side quests but not really a lot of collectibles. Once you progress you know what I mean, it feels more quantity like quality.

killatopak

Been sporadically playing P5R for a while. It’s like my fourth playthrough. I’m just increasing party stats and skills via Jazz Club and duplicating skill cards so Yusuke can create them. Going through a skill card lists too cause a bunch of them are negotiation or gallows exclusive.

Just breezing through dungeons and mementos cause I have invisible veil equipped.

Kinda boring, not gonna lie, but I’m a stat whore so I gotta make every party member have 99 stats and 999hp/sp at level 1 even if it takes like 10 playthroughs.

Fought the royal exclusive secret boss solo on merciless so there’s nothing else to do than max stats anyway.

JimRyanGOAT

Reading this thread makes me wish I had a better attention span

Even though I love gaming, unless its competitive multiplier with my friends I have trouble sinking hours into SP games

Which sucks, I really have so many games I wanna play but I cant cause of my selective attention.

Rn im playing
Vangaurd Beta
Hitman 2
CS Go

T0minator

I've been going between a couple games lately

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Horizon Zero Dawn (PS5)
Lumines Remastered
God of War (2nd playthrough on PS5)
Cold War for short MP sessions

Looking forward to Halo Infinite, Horizon 5 and Horizon Forbidden West right now

Last edited:

Aurelius

Still working my way through Persona 5 Strikers in the evenings. Just went to Okinawa. This whole roadtrip feel is amazing, especially in these challenging times.

Also started a replay of Final Fantasy X HD on the PSVita. I had forgotten how great this game is. Still the best FF.

About caught up with backlog, just replaying most games until my anticipated releases come out (Metroid Dread, Shin Megami Tensei V and Halo Infinite)

Xbox Series X: finishing my optimized games; Scarlet Nexus, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice, Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

Gamepass: Final Fantasy 13

Nintendo Switch: No More Heroes 1/2, Xenoblade Chronicles DE/2, Mario Odyssey (My favorite game of all time), Skyward Sword HD, Persona 5 Strikers

RAIDEN1

Sort of finished Yakuza Kiwami 2 last-week that game certainly dragged, especially the last chapter, in the end the game ran out of steam for me on the very last, last battle, so I watched the ending on Youtube instead....not a fan of the Kiwami titles, Yakuza 5,6 and Zero didn't outstay their welcome...

Recently went back onto the PS4-Pro and in the early part of Spiderman Miles Morales, and recently re-started Mass Effect 2 (2nd playthrough after all these years..) THAT game, just hooks you completely...from the side quests, to the main quests, to the planet scanning etc....just awesome...

Re-playing FF7 Remake PS5 version after completing it on PS4 and while it objectively looks and runs better on PS5 the increased clarity really highlights how terrible and low resolutions many of the backgrounds are especially compared to the super detailed character models.

Sometimes looks like PS5 level characters dropped in a PS3 game although most areas are no-where near that bad.

Also really not enjoying the combat as much as I remember as I guess I've played a load of action JRPGs since originally playing this.

Cryio

Finished Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro. Not even close to the masterpiece that is Spider-Man 2000.

Started Spider-Man 2: The Movie game on GameCube (Dolphin + HD textures). Finally getting around to see why this game was praised to much.

First impressions after about 2-3 hours of play? It's impressive they managed an open world Spider-Man game. In 2004 no less. Tremendous improvement over the SM2000 formula that was used successfully in the SM1: Movie game as well. Also an expected massive visual downgrade from SM1:TMG to SM2:TMG. Something had to give from closed corridors to no loading-open world.

But honestly? It's all over the place. Visuals are fine, but most characters look very close to PS1 models. The LOD is hilariously small. Water is horrendous. There are hundreds of "tips" in the city. For what?!?! Web swinging is a mess IMO compared to literally all other future Spider-Man times.

And the open world + tieing elements from the movie + other gamey elements + web slinging? Spider-Man 3 did it much better.

G-Bus

Banned
Been going hard on Slay the Spire this last week. Such a great game to a have a toke with and just chill for a couple hours.

Slowly making my way through God of War again.

Nozz-A-La

Been going hard on Slay the Spire this last week. Such a great game to a have a toke with and just chill for a couple hours.

Slowly making my way through God of War again.
I was trying to quit my Binding of Isaac addiction when I stumbled across Slay the Spire. Well my BoI addiction was cured as I then poured hundreds of hours into Spire instead…

Nico_D

After trying to beat Silhouette a couple of times in Destroy All Humans, I decided to give it a rest for a bit. Will return to it later after I've cooled off.

Started Dragon Age 2 on Game Pass. I have played Origins some 10 ten years ago - saw that from my past achievements but honestly, can't remember even playing it but guess I have then. Anyway, Dragon Age 2 feels great. I'm just at the beginning but right from the start it reminds me what Bioware used to be. There's "something" in it. Who knows, maybe the game turns out to be shit in the end but I love and miss that old Bioware feel.

IKSTUGA

Kena: Bridge of Spirits. I dig it, really reminds of classic action-adventure games like Star Fox Adventures. Looks gorgeous too + those little black dudes are a joy to watch. Would recommend.

Last edited:
I'm playing Kena Bridge of Spirits. It's pretty good, but I'm not sure it's exactly what I was hoping for. It's more linear than I expected. I think I was hoping for something more Zelda-like.

This might seem like an odd comparison, but it reminds me a lot of Hellblade Senuna's Sacrifice i the way the world is laid out, the puzzles you solve and the way all fights occur in predetermined enclosed locations.

chixdiggit

Been playing Hunt: Showdown every chance I can get with a friend. Game keeps getting better the more you play it and learn different strategies. A true gem of a game.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Vampire Hunter D (PSX).

Charming Resident Evil clone. The game has it's issues but it's solid in terms of coding, no glitches, bugs, etc.

Relatively easy too and can be completed in a few hours.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
40 hours in AC Odyssey and it feels like I've barely scraped the surface. For context, I platinumed Ghost of Tsushima in about 60 hours, which I felt was perfect length. I don't dislike Odyssey, I'm quite enjoying it, but for the love of god Ubi, scale it down a little and get rid of some of the bloat.

Plantoid

I've finished hades 2 weeks ago, 10/10 game, I sunk 40 hours in it, the replay value is great and the way they did the dialogue wad great, perfect game.

Yesterday I finished psychonauts 2, 9/10 game, the combat could be better, but the history really got me, starts with classic "first day in school" but ends up talking about war and lots of dark stuff

Started aragami 2, played about 2 hours and that's it, if the game had more $$$ in it, it could be better but for me it's rough.

Now I'm playing throught dishonored, till now the game is a 9/10 for me, it could be better but I think it didn't age that well... History is a simple revenge plot.. but the gameplay is good and level design is the best I've seen since prey ( by the same studio...)

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Started on Tales of Arise. The Tales series was my favorite J-RPG series for a long time, and I used to play all of them, even the stupid spin offs, even the ones that were only in Japanese. But sometime after Vesperia I kind of burnt out and I actually haven't rolled credits on a Tales game since then (though I played most of Hearts, Xillia and Berseria).

So I am pretty stoked they decided to take their time and make this one count and I am definitely looking forward to playing through it.

For my "B" game to break it up, I am playing The Artful Escape. When I finish that I'll probably grab Life is Strange True Colors.

Top Bottom