• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I didn't realize NMH got a PS3 port. I've been playing the Switch port as well, 3 bosses down and I don't know if I'll stick with it. It's a little too simple for my liking and grinding for money is kind of meh.
The combat is simple but it's weirdly satisfying for me and also you can go to gym to improve the combo.

I also killed off three bosses but I never had to grind for money, I just do a part time jobs and two assassination jobs and I have enough for Ranked bosses.

Duchess

Currently working my way towards the platinum trophy for A Plague Tale. Highly recommended game.

Prior to that, I was playing The Last Campfire. Really great little game, that one. Short (6 hours), but sweet.

Nico_D

Been back to the tried and true CiV 6 on the switch...

I bought Civ VI for Switch too, and all the expansions too. Played about 500 hrs or so after which I realized I like Civ V more. VI isn't bad or anything, V just has more things I like.

I bought Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. It is rather fun, more challenging than I thought when you should be everywhere at the same time. Almost bought Atelier Ryza instead but didn't feel like JRPG at the moment - or did but wanted action a bit more. Wll get Ryza later, I have never played Atelier games before.

Last edited:

GametimeUK

Doom Eternal. I'm fully loving it. The dash button has added so much to the combat for me. I love it.

I'm not one for being a PC elitist, but this is one of those games where I think the weapon wheel would really hurt the game on console. I'd find it much less enjoyable for sure.

GeekyDad

Started Hey! Pikmin finally a few days ago. Takin' it real slow, but it's just my speed right now. Needed something relaxing. I like it.

kevcio

Neo Member
As I sold my PS4 Pro and XOX to pre-order next-gens, I try to catch up on my backlog on older systems. Yesterday I started Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony on ps vita. As a fan of previous entries, I think it may be another great experience. Meanwhile when I have 20-30 minutes of free time I like to take my switch in portable mode and play Rocket League.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: JLB

JimiNutz

Banned
I've got a lot of Demon's Souls hype so decided to give Bloodborne another try.

I first attempted to play the game a couple of years ago and didn't even make it to the first boss after many hours of play time (it was my first attempt at a Souls game and I never really play RPGs either so was really terrible at it).

Anyway, I decided to give the game another go on Saturday and am playing with my gf this time (we simply take it in turns to play). We not only made it to the Cleric Beast but beat him very quickly this time (technically the gf beat him lol)

We then made it to Father Gascoigne during yesterday's session and got his health down to under 50% on our first attempt. We'll be back at it and trying to beat him tonight.

I'm not sure if I'll have time to beat the game before Demon's Souls arrives but it's certainly making the wait go by much faster!

devilNprada

I bought Civ VI for Switch too, and all the expansions too. Played about 500 hrs or so after which I realized I like Civ V more. VI isn't bad or anything, V just has more things I like.

I bought Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. It is rather fun, more challenging than I thought when you should be everywhere at the same time. Almost bought Atelier Ryza instead but didn't feel like JRPG at the moment - or did but wanted action a bit more. Wll get Ryza later, I have never played Atelier games before.

I kind of like older civ games like civ 4 a bit better too...
But how did you like playing it on the switch?

SpiceRacz

Been messing around with various Genesis games.

Beyondoasiscover.JPG

QuackShot_-_Starring_Donald_Duck.jpg

Shadowrun_%281994%29_Coverart.png

Dynamite_Headdy_Coverart.png

GeekyDad

Holy shit! So, if you played that one for that long, how many hours have you gotten out of V? :D That's good shit, man!

And of course, I love those Civ games too.

Roberts

Played Days Gone for 20 hours or so. The first impression was very positive, but then after a while you realise that it is not a very good game. Ended up quitting it, because I simply don't find it entertaining or engrossing anymore.

Mortal Shell was on sale on xbox store so I got it. Indie Souls rip-off. Bosses are nowhere near as interesting as they are in From Software games, but it's got a very dry sense of humour, is fun and really pretty.

Went through Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle. The former one is tricky - it is basically an anti-game with only 20 minutes of gameplay, full of puzzles that are way too random or absurd to be rewarding and yet it was great to go through all the jokes again. Day of the Tentacle still rocks hard.

Justin9mm

Playing Spider-Man for first time on Pro getting ready for Miles Morales. I have had it for ages and never got around to playing it.

Moogle11

Banned
Just bouncing around stuff as I was holding off on starting anything manir before Cyberpunk before the delay. Mostly Genshin Impact and a little of the mp mode in Ghost of Tsushima the past week or two.

Before that it was finishing up Mario Galaxy (beat it with 104 stars, so may try for the remaining 16] and the campaign in Star Wars Squadrons. Also played through the latest Borderlands 3 DLC with some friends.

Also started up Trials of Mana on Switch as my main handheld game and will get the second season pass for Borderlands 3 and play that new DLC soon.

Otherwise, just waiting to find a PS5 and/or XSX as I don’t plan to buy more current gen versions of games. Well, I’ll still play Cyberpunk if I can’t find a console, as long as it runs ok on PS4 Pro. I had my eye on the new Hyrule Warriors game on Switch, but couldn’t deal with the bad frame rates in the demo and how rough it looked in handheld mode.

Finished Death Stranding recently, so naturally I started the first Metal Gear Solid yesterday. Almost at the first boss and I'm actually really impressed with what they were able to achieve on the PS1. The game holds up pretty well even if the camera angles are awkward at times.

lachesis

Almost done with the Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch. I loved the game in GBC back in the days - perhaps my favorite 2D Zelda. It's a trip to the memory lane, and certainly is quite charming looking - but I think dungeons are on little easy side and feels pretty linear in layout. Not having any problems of getting thru or having any real moments of "how am I going to get thru here?" so far.

Frame rate wise, while it stutters quite a bit, so far I haven't feel like it's too bothersome yet. I should be able to wrap it up by end of the week - and will prepare myself mentally for XSX coming Tuesday, and PS5 on Thursday. XSX - I would mostly check out gamepass offerings (Nier Automata is one that I haven't played, so want to check out), along with DQ11S (while I have it on PS4 pro, haven't played past the initial intro section, so might as well play S version), etc.

Wasteland 2, pretty good game so far. I played Wasteland 3, then decided to go back and play Wasteland Remastered, now here I am playing 2. I think 2 is my favorite so far. 3 was a bit bland and felt a bit off. Wasteland is a very dated game but is also a 1988 game where 3 felt dated in ways that weren't attributable to it's age. 2 feels better in many ways than 3 and I prefer the setting which covers the original game's setting in a more modern game.

Dead Island Definitive Edition. Yes, the glitches, the bugs, the jank... they're still there and aplenty. But man, is it fun to bash those fuckers heads in with a broken broomstick :D

Freak

I came back to Dying Light after a long hiatus... Man! that game is fun :D Only got a few more trophies to get before i Plat it. Next on the list will be either DOS2 or Wasteland 2, cant decide.

Ghost of Tsushima, Kingdom Hearts 3, some N64 games like Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye. I'm especially impressed by Ghost, it's both cinematic and gamey at the same time! It's basically this generation's Onimusha Warlords. Can't wait to progress more in it. But yea, all of the mentioned games are great and fun in their own ways!

bodine1231

Just finished 13 Sentinels,amazing story,love Vanillaware. I just received my Valve Index last week so spending the week in VR playing Alyx and a few other titles. Dont really want to start anything with everything coming out next week.

R6Rider

Gold Member
PS4
  • Star Wars: Squadrons - About half way through
  • Watch Dogs: Legion - About 3/4 of the way through the story
  • Nier: Automata - On playthrough B now
  • Online games - Siege and Fall Guys mostly, but not too much overall
PC
  • NFS Heat - Pretty much finished story, have races to finish and driver side stories
  • Phasmaphobia - Just bought the other night, unlocked all gear and difficulties
PS3
  • Dead Space 2 - Very close to finishing this, 2 more chapters left

Rodolink

reached a heart shaped lake in Death Stranding but wasn't able to do anything there because was not supposed to be there yet I guess, why they let me explore all the way there for nothing? bad game designer no twinkie for Kojima

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Finished Tomb Raider 2013. Stopped at 93%. Challenges were the only thing I didn't bother with because they were boring.

It's a good game overall and a solid foundation for the trilogy. My only real gripe with the game is the tombs which are laughably bad. I had plenty of fun replaying it but Rise and Shadow are so much better in terms of everything.

Very excited about the direction of the next Tomb Raider. One of few series that has had a pretty consistent quality since its inception, save from a few misfires.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just beaten Amid Evil, and like it a lot! Fast paced action, cool weapon design but boy, the levels steal the show. They start off more or less by beign generic fantasy but later on it's even cooler. Best of use of forms, lights and colors I've seen in a long time.

PS4
  • Nier: Automata - On playthrough B now
That part might drag a little bit for some people. If thats your case, keep pushing, it's worth it.

Last edited:

sixamp

PC
  • Phasmophbia
  • doom eternal
  • Company of heroes

PCVR
  • half life alyx
  • Phasmophbia

OCULUS QUEST 2 VR
  • echo arena
  • population one
  • until you fall
  • Mini golf
Switch

• Animal crossing

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Finished Tomb Raider 2013. Stopped at 93%. Challenges were the only thing I didn't bother with because they were boring.

It's a good game overall and a solid foundation for the trilogy. My only real gripe with the game is the tombs which are laughably bad. I had plenty of fun replaying it but Rise and Shadow are so much better in terms of everything.

Very excited about the direction of the next Tomb Raider. One of few series that has had a pretty consistent quality since its inception, save from a few misfires.
Dunno. Thought that both Rise and Shadow had much, much worse pacing than the Reboot, which is the main reason I thought they were worse despite having clearly better Tombs. The big open world sections were a huge mistake IMO.

@topic: Will wrap up my Plat in Until Dawn tonight and then hop into Jedi Fallen Order. If you haven't played Until Dawn I can only recommend it. Story seems pretty meh in the beginning but then gets more and more thrilling as the game goes on. Remember being totally engrossed by it the first time I played. Anyone played Man of Medan and the latest from Supermassive Games? Are they just as good in therms of writing? Been thinking about playing both for quite some time.

lachesis

Just finished Link's Awakening - collected pretty much everything, except Danpei's dungeon part (the last ones that appears after getting the heart piece reward). It was a quite charming game - but it felt a little bit short. For some reason, it had more emotional impact on the original GBC, but maybe that was the style of storytelling back then. However it is - had a good time. A nice little game.

Now I just put in the Xenoblade Chronicles DE - I've never played on my Wii, so this is my first try. The GFX seems a bit blurry - but it's not too bothersome - but the menu systems and all that info on the screen at the same time, is a bit intimidating at this point, even though I'm basically on tutorial mode - hope I will get used to it sooner than later. When the system gets too complicated, I tend to lose focus - such happened with Vagrant Story for me. Even though I did beat the game, I basically ignored a lot of affinity related stuff and just stuck to the crafting part only.

drganon

Just beat ff15. Overall, game was okay. I was having fun driving around with my bros, but the last couple of chapters brought the game down for me.

drganon

Dunno. Thought that both Rise and Shadow had much, much worse pacing than the Reboot, which is the main reason I thought they were worse despite having clearly better Tombs. The big open world sections were a huge mistake IMO.

@topic: Will wrap up my Plat in Until Dawn tonight and then hop into Jedi Fallen Order. If you haven't played Until Dawn I can only recommend it. Story seems pretty meh in the beginning but then gets more and more thrilling as the game goes on. Remember being totally engrossed by it the first time I played. Anyone played Man of Medan and the latest from Supermassive Games? Are they just as good in therms of writing? Been thinking about playing both for quite some time.
I've played both until dawn and man of medan. The latter isnt as good. It takes a while to get going and then ends when it starts getting interesting.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Currently playing the waiting game to see if my Series X and / or PS5 pre-orders get charged and dispatched.

GeekyDad

Put Hey! Pikmin away for now. Cute little game, especially for the dumper, but wanted something to invest in now. Picked up SMTIV for, I think this will be my seventh playthrough. It's been a while, and I love the game so much. Never really gets old.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Put Hey! Pikmin away for now. Cute little game, especially for the dumper, but wanted something to invest in now. Picked up SMTIV for, I think this will be my seventh playthrough. It's been a while, and I love the game so much. Never really gets old.
Nice taste! Have you beaten it in master? I managed to get past the Medusa and the lvl70 tree and called it a day. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Might come back tho, that difficulty sure is a challenge but the game is worth it for sure.

GeekyDad

Nice taste! Have you beaten it in master? I managed to get past the Medusa and the lvl70 tree and called it a day. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Might come back tho, that difficulty sure is a challenge but the game is worth it for sure.

I think so. I know I got it on release day and literally played through it five straight times (NG+s) before moving on to another game.

crozier

PS4
Path of Exile, Avengers, Dragon’s Crown Pro. DC is pretty awesome. My only complaint is that it can be hard to follow your character as it’s a mess of pixels during battle.

Top Bottom