• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your dream crossovers?

It would be pretty cool to see Zelda with WW styled graphics crossover with the Mario universe or better yet a 3D platformer with all the Nintendo franchises crossing over.

jobrro

After Fighters Megamix on the Saturn I was really hoping for a racing version. Daytona vs Sega Rally vs Outrun vs Scud Race vs Virtua Racing etc. with some silly characters thrown in like Sonic from Sonic R.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Super Robot Wars feat. Godzilla

I mean, they had that before, but it was more like Mario Kart.

Shtof

1565209-jak_and_daxter_and_rachet_and_clank.jpg

Wet dream since 2004 or something.

A proper Mario and Sonic crossover platformer
not developed by Sonic Team

Also Final Fantasy crossing over with The Legend of Zelda could be a fun trip.

Legend of Zelda and Dragon Quest. Preferably with the art style of the latter. I'd be fine with the genre of either though

Also, Phantasy Star and Metroid... It could work.

Dunkley

Ryu in Smash Brothers and a Persona 4 fighter in BlazBlue style were my biggest dream crossovers.

Both of them happened and I still cannot believe that.

Now I guess I only have Guilty Gear vs. BlazBlue left to wish for.

Loona

Guacamelee x Shovel Knight

There's Indivisible, at least.

1565209-jak_and_daxter_and_rachet_and_clank.jpg

Wet dream since 2004 or something.

PlayStation Move Heroes and PSASBR.

Nintendo vs Sega: Cardfighter's Clash (Mobile and NX)

Card Fighters' Clash is SNK's thing - but I'd love to see them do a crossover with Sega, and that would work fine as an initial one.

SNK x Sega is pretty much my ideal crossover - it would probably work best as a fighting game, but they have quite a few series and concept that could work together fot multiple games in different genres:

* for 1-on-1 fighting games, everything that qualified for Fighters Megamix and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum plus a few more that didn't make it to those series. For something with some story, I could imagine things like Geese Howard hiring Shiva from SoR2 as a bodyguard...

* for a more open-environment hack-and-slash, something like Golden Axe and Samurai Shodown could work together in a sword & sorcery environment

* or for a stealthier approach, Joe Musashi and any of the SNK modern-day ninjas

* Afterburner with Prehistoric Island's dinosaurs or Metal Slug's martians

* Phantasy Star and Crystalis working together as fantasy settings with a fair bit of technology

* might as well include the patron saints of their consoles, Segata Sanshiro and G-Mantle

* for something more meta, use Segagaga's Dogma as a direct adversary, and NGBC' Warez as a resource-draining hazard

Other crossover that could be nice:
* The first Sonic x Mega Man comic crossover had a nice structure that could work in a game
* the Capcom x SNK crossovers aren't done yet as Geese and Haggar don't get to fight
* why hasn't Capcom tried a Capcom-only crossover fighter yet based on the Marvel Versus gameplay, since clearly Capcom Fighing All-Stars and Capcom Fighting Jam didn't work?

Top Bottom