• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your dream crossovers?

Ishida

Banned
Metal Gear x garbage can

latest

Neoxon

That was going to be my pick as well, I'd love this.

My real dream would be Marvel vs Capcom 4 ;_;
Trust me, you wouldn't want a MvC4 in the near future. Granted, it's not impossible, but I'm not sure you'd like the Marvel side if it came out in, say, 2018.

Mista Koo

Capcom vs. Capcom. I have the roster laid out and all.
It would play like a simplified Mahvel.
. . without all those awful characters.

PSqueak

Banned
Remembered another one!

-Nintendo's Galactic Bounty Hunters

• Starfox X Metroid X F-Zero
  • Mission structure of main and side quests is similar to mass effect.
  • When going to a new destination on space the sequence plays like an on rails starfox level (in an arwing, the falcon flyer or Samus' ship)
  • On foot missions have your main character and 2 party members from a cast of characters from all 3 franchises.
  • You can choose as main character from Fox (starts with Slippy and Falco as party members) Captain Falcon or Samus (both start alone, but you can recruit members, but Samus is the only main character who can finish the main game alone)
  • There is an overarching main plot and a personal plot tied to your main character.
  • Main characters play different from each other, Fox is all about shooting, Captain Falcon is 90% melee only, Samus is a mid point between them.
  • Crazy crossover plot points, like finding out the human version of James McCloud is Fox's real father and the fox version was his disguise
  • Super secret Kirby recruitable party member
  • Character specific side quests, like Samus exploring a distant planet, Falcon competing in the F-Zero GP and Fox going on dog fight missions.

jwillenn

P.N.03 x Bayonetta

not really in universe but in terms of gameplay inspiration

P.N.03 would be the Bayonetta of Shmups
Vanessa Schneider would be to evasive maneuvers what Bayonetta is to offensive scope.
Big difference would be that during enemy wave encounters, Schneider would also have to deal with the security challenges of the stage (moving laser gates, turrets, mine fields, etc.)

Basically I imagine players as this character racking up points by dancing gracefully around all threats and returning fire (energy drives and all) to keep the chain alive. And the variety in all of this dancing would match Bayo's offensive variety.

Loved that JSRxSplatoon post up there. JSR always comes to mind when thinking about Splatoon. In fact, I made a large post at Ign just sharing some thoughts about Splatoon 2 last night. JSR was mentioned.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/8...on-thread-8e.454471810/page-85#post-507218982

Videoneon

Ah yes, time for me to do this again.

I hope Capcom considers making a fighting game that features Capcom, Sega, and Bandai Namco properties - basically PXZ the fighter. You're drawing on a massive treasure trove of properties between those three companies, and I'm sure that many people would find this not only more exciting than PXZ itself (not that difficult) but if executed and designed in a particular way it could be a capture for the Marvel Vs crowd (i.e. it could essentially be a Marvel Vs Capcom 4). God knows MvC4 won't actually be a thing in the near future anyway.

Since I've also taken an interest in anime idol BS nowadays I'd be interested in an idol fighting game, just like the one proposed by Arc Sys featuring idolm@ster and love live! characters. If Wake Up Girls ever manages to get bigger than it is (which I think very well could happen) I'd like for WUG characters to participate too.

Gravity Rush x Animal Crossing

The world in Gravity Rush is fantastic, but there's not too much to do in it. There's a lot to do in the Animal Crossing world, but it's very small. Put the two together and you get the perfect game.

Splatoon x Jet Set Radio is a nice suggestion too.

Gravity Rush x Animal Crossing

The world in Gravity Rush is fantastic, but there's not too much to do in it. There's a lot to do in the Animal Crossing world, but it's very small. Put the two together and you get the perfect game.

Sounds like Kiki's Delivery Service — slice-of-life, flying around a big quaint & beautiful city, with some action here and there

When I was a kid I had a dream that Nintendo made a Dr Mario platform game. So, you played as Dr Mario ins a world similar to Super Mario World. Different types of viruses were the bad guys and you had to shoot pills at them to kill them.

Sakujou

Banned
a 2d jump n run with mario and sonic.

my mind melted when brawl was announced with sonic and snake.

but i still want a jump n run with mario and sonic, so i can happily travel back into the future(past) and make the 10-year-old-me shit himself in the pants:

the self lacing shoes, mario and sonic in one game, game devices which are almost as powerful as the system itself and streaming everything.

oh and the hoverboard is missing.

NoKisum

A proper Sonic X Mario platformer. None of this Olympic Games bullshit.

Jet Set Radio X The World Ends With You. Would be weird, but could be dope.

Senran Kagura X Dead Or Alive. The actual characters, not just the costumes we've seen in DOA5LR. Something that meshes both of their fighting styles together.
Or just do it as a visual novel. Don't judge me.

tariniel

Bloodborne x Monster Hunter - Bloodborne combat with Monster Hunter gear crafting, break certain pieces of bosses or monsters to farm a gear set, etc.

GTA crossed over with Back to the Future

How you complete missions in the past affects the future!

Plus VERCETTI!

(I'm allowed to dream!)

Need for Speed Rivals x Gran Turismo. Imagine the thrill of F8 versus some of those gorgeous vehicles.

Yugioh Tag Force x Pokemon Battle Revolution. Duel Monsters with Action Duel Tag potention in gorgeous visuals and with a stunning announcer. Perfection.

Wind Waker Link x Dragon Age Inquisition. A wet dream come true. Link in glorious massive battle true masterful storytelling finally.

Pokemon FireRed x Devil Survivor 2. Finally giving pokemon a mature tactical stortelling setting and superiour animu visual would make rpg of the generation shine in new ways.

God Eater (ufotable) x Cyber Connect 2 utsugi lenka and aragami with the flare and depth of Ultimate Ninja Storm. It would make the visceral suspenseful experience even more immersive.

Lately I've been dreaming about a Soul Calibur X Witcher crossover.

Not just one guest character, but having several, and having stages, music and a storyline using the Witcher lore.

I'd easily see

-Geralt
-Ciri
-Eredin
-Lambert
-Letho

going against Mitsu, Sieg/Nightmare, etc.

Holy shit. That sounds amazing.

asagami_

Banned
I would like a Pokemon x Shin Megami Tensei, a friendly game withouth deaths (neither Mara!) but with a revamping of the battle system. Basically a Press Turn Pokemon with STAB.

I think SMT IV Final will have something like STAB, so okay then :)

Mentok

Banned
-Super Robot Wars West

A SRW game with western mecha series like Transformers, Pacific Rim, Megas XLR, Big guy and Rusty, SRMTHFG! and others tangentially mecha related like Motorcity, Generator Rex and MLAATR, with guest appearance by Mazinger USA.

Now I really want this!

Bloodborne x Monster Hunter - Bloodborne combat with Monster Hunter gear crafting, break certain pieces of bosses or monsters to farm a gear set, etc.

And this!!

Metroid x Vanquish

SEGA X Capcom would be cool. I'm not really sure what Project X Zone is but I don't have a 3DS and even if I did, Sonic not being playable in a fucking SEGA crossover fighter sounds like a joke to me honestly.

Project X Zone isn't a fighting game, it's a SRPG, it's also SEGA X Capcom X Namco

spliced

Zelda x Souls. Zelda needs more Souls gameplay and aesthetic influence and a Souls with color and joy would be nice.

Donkey Kong Country x Metroid. The possibilities are awesome.

Crono27

idk if it would be a dream but i would love to see platnium games do a pokemon stadium game. Go thru diff battles with 3 pokemon battling it out platnium style would be fun.

Sesha

Marvel vs. DC
- Like MvC. Made by Capcom. Netherrealm can make their own version as well if need be, but I won't care.

Image vs. Dark Horse
- Like MvC/Tatsunoko/CvS. Made by Capcom.

Sega vs. Capcom

Nintendo vs. Capcom

Sony vs. Capcom

Marvel vs. Capcom 4
- I'm fine without the X-Men and F4 side of things. We'll still probably get Wolverine and Deadpool at least anyway. Because they drive sales. It's not like their comics have been axed either.

Marvel vs. Marvel aka Marvel All-Stars
- Like MvC, but all Marvel. Meaning, bigger roster.

Capcom vs. SNK 3
- With a non-shit Capcom side this time.

Capcom vs. Capcom aka Capcom All-Stars
- Like MvC/Tatsunoko/CvS. Just bring it already.

Capcom All-Stars Racing
- Like MK8 or Sonic All-Stars Transformed. Made internally.

Devil May Cry x Bayonetta
- Either have Capcom and Platinum collaborate or make two different versions SFxT/TxSF-style

Devil May Cry x Shin Megami Tensei
- Either two versions made by both styles or a crazy hybrid like SMTxFE

Capcom x FromSoftware
- Soulsborne with DMC-esque combat.

Atlus x From Software
- Either two versions made by both sides or a crazy hybrid like SMTxFE

Trust me, you wouldn't want a MvC4 in the near future. Granted, it's not impossible, but I'm not sure you'd like the Marvel side if it came out in, say, 2018.

Fuck the X-Men. I can live without F4 characters too. Just gimme Marvel.

Mario franchise X-com game
Summer lesson with Minions
Phoenix Wright in Fallout universe
GTA style KotOR
Nintendogs with Silent Hill nurses

Bayonetta and DMC is an obvious one, but would be so. Damned. Good.

Weirder dream option:

Pokemon crossed with Persona.
Fight Shadows with Pokemon and Personas, fuse them into super Personamons, and take down the evil Team Whatever as you unravel a mystery that could end the world, all while juggling school, training, and banging as many of your friends as you can!

The Legend of Zelda: Metroid.
Post Fusion Samus crash lands on an uncharted world after a clash with Space Pirates, immediately ends up in a fight with a late teens The Hero of Time, only for the two to have to team up to take down Gannondorf, whose taken control of the Space Pirates via magic, and intends to use magically resurrected Metroid's to Syphon off the Triforce's power. Switch between the two heroes at any time with an AI partner, or play split screen co-op with a friend!

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider vs Uncharted.
Switching back and forth between Nate and Lara every chapter, slowly unravel the mystery of what the Master Thief stole from Croft Manner, why Lara is so desperate to get it back, and what ancient, world shattering revelation it pertains to, to have caused such a globe trotting adventure.

Jurrasic Park: Isolation.
Alien Isolation, but with Dinosaurs. In to my veins!

Senran Kagura: Summer Lesson.
Because we all have fetishes.

Resident Evil: Fallout.
Fallout, but with a zombie apocalypse rather than nuclear war. Fortified human settlements dotted around an open world crawling with undead and mutations, with all the epic storytelling, great characters, and side quests of Fallout, and campy weirdness, deep lore and horror of Resi. Bliss!

qko

I would have said Nintendo vs Capcom, mostly to see Mega Man fight Nintendo Characters.

I am satisfied with Mega Man in Smash. My dream crossover has been achieved.

leroidys

Resident Evil x Metal Gear Solid - Batshit insane meets batshit insan-er. I don't know why this hasn't happened yet.

Capcom x Capcom - Why don't we have this? And no, Capcom Fighting Evolution does not count as that is only characters from a couple fighting franchises. I want the entire spectrum of Capcom characters as seen in the VS series, but all Capcom.

Capcom x Nintendo x Sega - Yeah. If this ever happened I would probably quit my job and devote my life to playing it.

Otogi x Onimusha could be pretty damn amazing. Fight demons, solve puzzles etc. in terra firma with Onimusha gameplay, crossover to the afterlife to kick ass as in Otogi.

Tactics Ogre x Fire Emblem Eh, could be cool.

Bioware and CDPR collaborating in making a dark fantasy open world RPG.

-Super Robot Wars West

A SRW game with western mecha series like Transformers, Pacific Rim, Megas XLR, Big guy and Rusty, SRMTHFG! and others tangentially mecha related like Motorcity, Generator Rex and MLAATR, with guest appearance by Mazinger USA.

And why hasn't anyone made this yet?
Do western audience really hate turn-based strategy that much?

Top Bottom