• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

Old Retro

During my adventures as an "essential worker" and listening to trance mixes, I have discovered this track:

It will remind me of this time in history for the rest of my days. Haunting and mezmorizing. I found it's a remix of this song:

Equally as chilling. 🥶😁

McCoy plays aggressively if subdued here, driving the song and letting Elvin Jones and Joe Henderson go nuts. And nuts they do go, holy fuck those cymbals. But McCoy is the star, when it's his turn it's like he's saying to everyone else fuck you this is my jam.

Yeah I like some of his more experimental stuff, like Gods Gonna Cut you Down.

The dark country sound he has going on in that song is so good.
It's funny because after listening to WE ARE CHAOS I played God's Gonna Cut You Down.

Lamb Of God, the alternate version of Leave A Scar, Speed of Pain, Coma White, and Coma Black are some good ones too.

Kev Kev

iv really been digging this death metal that feels like slam but with an raw/urban flavor, not sure what else to call it.

its this whole sub genre of slam/death metal but i dont know what its caled. instead of the traditional death metal logos that look like twigs and tree branches all woven together (and is awesome) these bands do something similar but it looks more like grafitti style, and the metal reflects that somewhat (also awesome). not sure how else to explain it, or if there is a name for this genre of metal then i dont know it. but i fuckin like it...

heres a pretty dope playlist

Mr Hyde

Two rappers from Stockholm, Sweden. Classic song that made quite the impact on the local hip hop scene when it released. The music video should fit right in here on a video game forum, as it features well known references to 8-bit NES. It's very well done. Check it out.

Top Bottom