• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

Tesseract

Banned

ff620854b85ca2824e8e3b6b3e5d079e.gif

Jeffery223

Neo Member
Haunt u is so moving, so melodic, self aware.

I could do whatever I want, lil peep bumps when I die imma haunt you... if I want to live forever, I could have stopped time but I never want to do so again..." '10 racks on the back, if I don't relapse, then I will remain powerful.

The album is this epic bipolar interplay of topics such as suicide, drug use and famous people. I also a big fan of lil peeps jackets.

Then in 2 minutes he's doing it all on a jumping run. It saddens me so fucking he 's gone, I really think Peep was Elliott Smith rap.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
JPEG MAFIA

This guy is badass, and it's honestly weird to see him get much more recognition around rock audiences than rap fans. He's one of the few rap artists I've heard in years that structures songs with multiple parts progressing in an interesting way, with semi-complicated rhythm and time signature changes. It's not a coincidence that he's still a relative indie artist and is doing collaborations with HEALTH. I saw him play at the Deftones festival and it was pretty cool. It's just one guy with a laptop. He writes all his own music and beats. There's some documentaries about him too on youtube that are interesting. Guy is a veteran who left the military and moved to a Baltimore? music scene to work on shit. Lots of lyrics are interesting, and purposely deconstruct lots of rap tropes, and throws in lots of references to video games and stuff that isn't the usual genre topics.

Main reason he's interesting is he's actually trying to make original music.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

I saw him live last year. (Actually not that great live, but I love this guy). He also had some tracks featured in the game RUINER.

You picked literally the best song off the album. Great taste dude, as always. Reminds me of this track a bit, because of the tone and the title. One of the most underrated OSTs ever. Crank the volume.

AOTY. Very powerful, contemplative music about accepting life's lack of meaning and getting to grips with that frustrating liminal phase that leads us nowhere. Not for everyone, but well worth a listen. Phil is an OG.

Been on a Microphones binge since the masterpiece that is the new album, the mood is completely unique. It's definitely not uplifting, but it isn't bleak either and there's a total sense of place. Very reminiscent of black metal.

Top Bottom