• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome Xbox Gamers - MLB Show Trailer

Varteras

Gold Member
It's a great thing for all parties involved. Gamers on other platforms get a quality baseball game that isn't made by EA. Sony gets more money as a result of more copies being sold and their footprint in the industry expands a little bit more as a result. MLB also reaps benefits. This also won't impact PlayStation sales since MLB is not really a big driving force in the sales of their console. It's quite literally a win for everyone except the "List Warriors".

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Shut up. Nerd.

Turtlepowa is right, it does need to be much better, but thankfully baseball games are definately more fun that standing in a spot for 3 hours and getting to do something for 5 minutes of it. (Unless you happen to play as pitcher or 1st base)

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This. Why is it so hard for people to get their heads around this? This can happen to any licensed franchise. If Marvel really wanted to they could force Sony to do the same thing with Spider-Man.
The game even has cross play.

So not only is Sony promoting MLB The Show on Xbox, they are even embracing online play between platforms. A US centric sport like baseball (the last Xbox baseball game was 2k13 on Xbox 360) will give the Xbox sports library a nice boost.

Turtlepowa is right, it does need to be much better, but thankfully baseball games are definately more fun that standing in a spot for 3 hours and getting to do something for 5 minutes of it. (Unless you happen to play as pitcher or 1st base)

Regale me with your superior athletic moments then, playa. Bring that same energy.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Wasn't my room. It was my friend's room back in August 2018 where he had something happen that promoted his room to get trashed.

When the horizon PC port was rumored, I thought about the video and how easily it could be used in the event horizon were to get ported to PC.

And I did ask that friend for permission of course weeks in advance and he thought it was quite funny how it blew up on twitter.
donald trump GIF

MaulerX

I always wondered why in the world would Major League Baseball (an American Sport) allow its officially licensed game be exclusive to a Japanese company and its console. Seems like MLB saw the light and forced Sony's hand in making it multiplatform as it should always have been. Now we just need a PC port and we're set.

MaulerX

Do you think Sony would ever put this game on game pass if sales start to slow.

MLB is publishing it on Xbox. Not Sony.

I can see the MLB putting it on Gamepass when the season is over to reach a broader user base that would otherwise never had bought this game.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
It has to be much better than real life baseball to make me buy this.

Baseball is not a great TV sport - even baseball fans would admit this. But baseball games have long punched above their weight with consistent fondly remembered classics going back to the NES. The batter/pitcher interaction is a great vehicle for simple but deep gameplay that you see, for example, in great fighting games.

Guileless

MLB is publishing it on Xbox. Not Sony.

I can see the MLB putting it on Gamepass when the season is over to reach a broader user base that would otherwise never had bought this game.

That has been the trend with sports games since it open new frontiers of hooking people on gambling on loot boxes. All of the fall sports games will be on Gamepass soon and Sony has made NBA 2k a Plus title the last couple of years.

Baseball is not a great TV sport - even baseball fans would admit this. But baseball games have long punched above their weight with consistent fondly remembered classics going back to the NES. The batter/pitcher interaction is a great vehicle for simple but deep gameplay that you see, for example, in great fighting games.

Baseball Simulator 1000 and Ken Griffey Jr. present Major League Baseball were the shit. Can 'O Corn was a home run beast.

Reading the first few posts, I had high hopes of Xbox fans pretending to know absolutely of baseball as a sport. For a second there this thread had the potential to be thread of the year.

Guileless

The DF comparison videos of this game will launch a thousand forum threads.

I am bummed it was delayed past Opening Day. Fucking Corona.

Top Bottom