• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome Xbox Gamers - MLB Show Trailer

Interesting. When was the last time Xbox had a baseball game?

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

Nice. Xbox gamers buy this game even if yoy hate Baseball or Sony :p

Sorry if old but i searched before posting and didn't find anything.

I'm sorry, but what kind of logic is that?

Why should anyone buy a game if they are uninterested in it?

And why would anyone, that could be interested in the game, not buy it just because its published by Sony?

50pp09.jpg

Not OP, but those who'd skip it just because it's published by Sony.

LMJ

I don't think if you hate baseball you should buy this game...

I do however think if you love baseball you should, even if you hate Sony as it is the best MLB game, and now Box fans get a chance to see why...that and if it sells like dick on the Box, it might be the only one.

So
play ball christmas movies GIF

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
We all should buy it, so Jim see this as another revenue stream for future games

MastaKiiLA

Cricket is better than baseball.
I hate baseball, but cricket is a whole 'nother tier of boring, bruv.

That said, as terrible as baseball is to watch, the MLB Show games are actually really damn good. Probably the best baseball franchise since Baseball Stars on the NES. I sank many hours into it on the PS4, and this was after I'd given up on watching MLB for over a decade. Monster dongs always make me smile. I refuse to rewrite that.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Interesting. When was the last time Xbox had a baseball game?

Last year. And the year before that. And the year before that. MLB themselves has been producing RBI Baseball on all the non-Sony platforms for the last several years due to The Show being exclusive. But the game was shit so they went to Sony and told them if they want to keep the exclusive MLB license then they have to publish the game on Xbox.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The last full-featured and MLB-licensed baseball game on the Xbox was MLB 2k13. It was terrible, 2k just pushed it out right before its license expired.

Fahdis

I hate baseball, but cricket is a whole 'nother tier of boring, bruv.

That said, as terrible as baseball is to watch, the MLB Show games are actually really damn good. Probably the best baseball franchise since Baseball Stars on the NES. I sank many hours into it on the PS4, and this was after I'd given up on watching MLB for over a decade. Monster dongs always make me smile. I refuse to rewrite that.

Baseball > Test Cricket heck... Every Sport > Test Cricket

Cricket is the 2nd most popular sport in the world after Football.

20/20 Cricket > Every Sport in the World

If you watched Cricket and how exciting some of the post colonial rivalries are, you'd shit your pants out of excitement.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Surely basketball is more popular than cricket right?

At any rate, baseball is obviously very popular in Japan, South Korea, and the Caribbean.

FrankWza

went to Sony and told them if they want to keep the exclusive MLB license then they have to publish the game on Xbox.
That’s not what happened. They did it to keep the game from going into 3rd party hands. So out of EAs hands basically. Xbox or Nintendo could have made a game anytime they wanted but it would have to be made from the ground up and they’re not capable and there wasn’t a studio for them to buy that has an engine ready to go. But based on the replies in this thread it won’t sell well on x anyway because it isn’t on gp.

THEAP99

Banned
What about the video where you trashed your room?
Wasn't my room. It was my friend's room back in August 2018 where he had something happen that promoted his room to get trashed.

When the horizon PC port was rumored, I thought about the video and how easily it could be used in the event horizon were to get ported to PC.
And I did ask that friend for permission of course weeks in advance and he thought it was quite funny how it blew up on twitter.

Last edited:

Radical_3d

So, basically Jim Ryan is dynamiting the PlayStation first party brand by the seconds. Why not pack it up and make a Sega altogether? Save us some time and the misery of looking at a great legacy being slowly run into the fucking ground.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
MLB supposedly demanded Sony makes baseball games multiplat to keep the license (not sure that is even true, but people assume that).

Sony could either keep the license and make games for Xbox, make more money and lose an exclusive.

Or say forget it. Lose the license, lose 1M copies sold of MLB games sold on PS, and prevent Xbox from getting a baseball game which only sells well in the US.

Sony took the money.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Cross platform play. I’m hoping that’s between PlayStation and Xbox and not just between generational platforms. I really want to get this on Series X, (I have MLB 20 on PS4) but my buddy is staunchly in the PlayStation Ecosystem.

MLB supposedly demanded Sony makes baseball games multiplat to keep the license (not sure that is even true, but people assume that).

Sony could either keep the license and make games for Xbox, make more money and lose an exclusive.

Or say forget it. Lose the license, lose 1M copies sold of MLB games sold on PS, and prevent Xbox from getting a baseball game which only sells well in the US.

Sony took the money.
This. Why is it so hard for people to get their heads around this? This can happen to any licensed franchise. If Marvel really wanted to they could force Sony to do the same thing with Spider-Man.

Top Bottom