• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs: Legion | Official RTX Ray Tracing Trailer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We’re excited to reveal the first exclusive look of Watch Dogs: Legion with ray tracing.

With more than 60 awards and nominations from E3 3019, the 3rd installment of the Watch Dogs franchise wowed everyone thanks to its new, innovative ‘play as anyone’ gameplay that lets you recruit literally anyone from the game world, and its ray tracing technology featuring lifelike ray-traced reflections that enhance shops, skyscrapers, puddles, cars, and so much more.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
First game at E3 still looked better... so does the first game with the E3 effects unlocker :(
Glad to see the continued trend of Watch Dogs looking best when it's wet.

cryptoadam

Banned
Watch the DF vid.

Only the really shiny stuff is ray traced, but they removed the SS for low level items too.

And also in the DF video they say that consoles won't have the same level of ray tracing.

Zannegan

The next gen puddles are nice, I guess. Maybe Sony should remaster inFamous: SS. Being set in Seattle, you'd be guaranteed to have rain/puddles always available for the eye candies.

I look forward to the day when we can have fully ray-traced games. Hypothetically, it should simplify game development, whereas right now, it's another layer of complication on top of everything else. That, to me, is the real advantage of RT--a lighting implementation that just works, for all games, all the time.

It would be strange though, to play games in a time when photo-realism is easy, and achieving a cartoon aesthetic takes extra work.

Top Bottom