• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Legion New 30 Minute Gameplay Demo

Bullet Club

Ubisoft showcased a 30 minute demo of Watch Dogs Legion earlier today at E3 2019. Here's the full unedited gameplay walkthrough for your viewing pleasure. Are you excited for Watch Dogs Legion?

I just want to point out two things. This game is in Alpha and releases in March things will improve. Secondly, this is pulled from a livestream which can have audio and video delays.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
oh thank god I thought I was gonna have to stick with that opening commentary guy lmao

Stuart360

Bittrate is terrible on the videop to be fair.. I think a good 4k quality video would really improve how the game looks. Besides regradless of what people say, the first 2 games really werent lookers, and i have them on PC.

ancelotti

Who knows, they were probably smart to delay, but it's going to be a real challenge finding an audience for this game. My favourite part of the previous iterations was creating fake arrest warrants and then calling the police and watching them violently arrest or even shoot innocent NPCs. They must be having meetings over that particular game mechanic.

Empty lifeless open world game.

I pray the developers make use of next gen compute resources to make these open worlds feel more alive and believable.

I can't go through another gen with prettier graphics but the same brain dead NPC behavioral patterns.

ACESHIGH

Banned
This looks last gen compared to Cyberpunk. They never could replicate the look of that Watch_Dogs demo that was stunning.

Siri

Banned
Who knows, they were probably smart to delay, but it's going to be a real challenge finding an audience for this game.

Why would it be a challenge to find an audience? The previous 2 games in the series have sold over 20 million copies.

Watchdogs driving was ass sandwich levels of bad. I didn't even play Watchdogs 2 because I have PTSD from my first time trying to navigate the cars in the first game.

March 2020
3587322-the_last_of_us_part_ii_10_things_you_missed_01_gaming_instincts_tv_article_website_youtube_thumbnail.jpg

April 2020
find-conan-o-brien-in-death-stranding-otter-hat_feature.jpg

May 2020

Looks like AAA games are hitting close to home lately, even if unexpectedly...
...could you imagine Ubi today doing a gameplay presentation in which a black female protagonist gets shot and killed as she runs away from the police?
Questions now is if they'll cash in hard or get canceled by the undiscerning mob.

Lol, I completely forgot about this game. Like, zero recollection based on the name. Was only after I saw the screen of the old lady with the taser that I vaguely remembered.

Last edited:

Arun1910

I think it will either come out September or be delayed into Next Year.

Ubisoft have 2 big games to release before March, AC and WD.

AC will probably take the October spot for the 3rd time, but I really think that Watch Dogs will not release in November. They COULD have, but now they'll be up against Cyberpunk, both games share a futuristic setting and both are open world. It wouldn't make sense for Ubisoft to put WD up against Cyberpunk in the same month.

CrysisFreak

Banned
I enjoyed Watch Dogs 2 except for three things:
One of them is obviously the extreme cringe.
Another one is the downgraded gunplay and gunfeel.
And most importantly, that trophy that you get for taking a picture of a vomiting person. Took me two hours nah ah fuck that shit lmao.

b0uncyfr0

Ok, this doesnt look good.

-Graphically looks last Gen ( i sure hope the gameplay was from a base model and not X1 or pro)
--In game character models in that menu looked like they came from a PS3.
--Cloth Textures looks very stale. No movement or liveliness to them
-Lip syncing is terrible...
-Core gameplay seems identical to WD2, prob WD 2.3 when you factor in different toys.
-Enemies know where you are when you kill one of them....fucks sake Ubi!

+ At least you can use your fists to take ppl out
+ Gunplay might be improved

Overall, its still WD2 with slight improvements. I think if you didn't like WD2, you wont like this and if you liked WD1, you'll like this even less.

Mista

Banned
Ok, this doesnt look good.

-Graphically looks last Gen ( i sure hope the gameplay was from a base model and not X1 or pro)
--In game character models in that menu looked like they came from a PS3.
--Cloth Textures looks very stale. No movement or liveliness to them
-Lip syncing is terrible...
-Core gameplay seems identical to WD2, prob WD 2.3 when you factor in different toys.
-Enemies know where you are when you kill one of them....fucks sake Ubi!

+ At least you can use your fists to take ppl out
+ Gunplay might be improved

Overall, its still WD2 with slight improvements. I think if you didn't like WD2, you wont like this and if you liked WD1, you'll like this even less.
This is a one year old footage. I’m sure they worked on it more during this times

GymWolf

Maybe this time the combat it will not gonna suck hairy balls like most of ubisoft games.

Last edited:

Siri

Banned
I think if you didn't like WD2, you wont like this and if you liked WD1, you'll like this even less.

LOL, okay I actually thought it might be the other way around.

One thing I’ve witnessed from reading through forum posts is that most people who loved the first game didn’t care much for the second, and that most who liked the second didn’t like the first.

I fall into the former category. I loved the first game for its atmosphere. With Clint Hocking leading the development of this I’m hoping for something great. I’m a little leery though because I didn’t just dislike the second game - I detested it. Ubisoft turned the series into a sort of cartoon. I hated the tone. There was a kind of Scooby-Doo thing going on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom