• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasp enslaved a cockroach to insert an egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just gonna leave this here.

venom is so potent the tarantula basically vomits its own venom because it hurts so much

at least the tarantula got that motherfucker, fought and died like a warrior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMG-LWyNcAs

fascinating stuff, for all the wrong reasons

this is some scary shit

johj.jpg

Plz.

lmao was thinking this yesterday

Watched a beautiful blue spider wasp do this last summer. She dragged the paralyzed spider into a hole she had prepared, then spent 20 minutes covering it in rocks and dirt clumps.

they're technically not wasps and they don't bother people, so they were okay by me.

Of course they're technically wasps. There are both social and solitary wasp species, this is one of the latter.

Ploid 3.0

I think a lot of the time people exaggerate this stuff. It's not "mind control" in the traditional sense, because it doesn't control thoughts or direct actions. It's more paralysis and stopping feeling, so that organs are preserved for as long as possible.

Still very cool, though!

What about the wasp that invaded the ant colony, and caused the ants to fight each other?

Wasps and bees continue to be the most interesting insects on the planet. Ever see a bee hive defend itself from a wasp. The bees swarm the wasp, form a massive ball around it and begin to vibrate so much they cook the wasp alive instead of stinging/biting it to death.

Seriously, insects are primed to fuck shit up if attacked. Humans are fukuked if they ever decide to stop getting smashed/sprayed to death lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom