• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasp enslaved a cockroach to insert an egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

Humans have worms too, makes you eat more but they will never burst out of you and make you fight for them. They rather live in you foreva!

Cue pic of fish tongue replacer parasite.

I think I read this recently in the Tera Formars manga

johj.jpg

Plz.

Ploid 3.0

Wasps are out of control. They can't be doing this much science without regulations. They are going to screw something up. I was ok with the insects but that poor tree, it doesn't deserve that.

PKrockin

I like reminding people in these threads that it's not unlikely you also have a protozoan parasite influencing your brain and behavior.

Teknoman

Isn't this the plot for Resident Evil?

Actually it's Dead Rising.

(Seriously, look it up)

I like reminding people in these threads that it's not unlikely you also have a protozoan parasite influencing your brain and behavior.

Heh I wonder how you would even know if you were being influenced. I guess family and friends could tell a difference, but then they might be being influenced. And now we have the plot for Body Snatchers.

thebeeks

Banned
Yep, cockroach wasps.

Recently moved into a house with a pretty crazy roach problem (previous owners didn't mind having the little bastards skitter all over the place or were too inept to do anything about it, I guess).

Quickly learned cockroach wasps love our place.

We had the exterminator drown our house in pesticide so I don't see them around much anymore, but they're technically not wasps and they don't bother people, so they were okay by me.

Quick edit: Not sure why the article says they're only in Asia and Africa, plenty to be found in North Texas.

Chuckie

t they're technically not wasps and they don't bother people, so they were okay by me.
Are you sure about that? It's from the suborder Apocrita, so I think it is a wasp

Quick edit: Not sure why the article says they're only in Asia and Africa, plenty to be found in North Texas.

It says mostly in Asia, Africa and Pacific Islands.

blakep267

Wasps are really just assholes.
they really are. we need more bees to shake their bellies and cook them alive

so the wasps kill the roaches, bees kill the wasps, then aliens take the bees

anyway, is this how we finally get mind control going?

Dash27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyd8NmLJwcM

1:20 : "We're going to put a wasp and a roach into this area here and.... let them interact."

By interact of course he means let the wasp shoot the roach with zombie venom and then lay her egg and allow her spawn to eat the roach from the inside.

What's amazing to me is that the wasps just know innately how to do this. It instinctively injects an extremely precise sting into the roaches brain. Pretty crazy.

I think a lot of the time people exaggerate this stuff. It's not "mind control" in the traditional sense, because it doesn't control thoughts or direct actions. It's more paralysis and stopping feeling, so that organs are preserved for as long as possible.

Still very cool, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom