• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Speed Freeks Official Announcement Trailer

splattered

Looks a bit cheap but still kinda fun haha i liked the part where the orc got shot out and rode the missile to the enemy... could be good times?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?

A first look at Warhammer 40,000: SPEED FREEKS. A 16 player, Free-To-Play, multiplayer racing-shooter mayhem with Orks set in the badass Warhammer 40,000 universe – now available in Open Alpha!

I called it. I remember about a year ago so I mentioned they should make a Speed Freeks game and here we are.

Looks like it's a good time to be a Warhammer 40,000 fan.

drotahorror

Looks cool! I'm definitely on board.

Got right into the steam alpha test. Gonna boot it up in a bit.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

These mfers will give the license to anyone.
I CBA to check right now but as late as 2019 Games Workshop Annual Report was 300 hundreds pages of text on white paper.
No mention of great worlds they create, new releases, etc. It was incredible how a company with such a legendary IP doesn’t seem to care much about it.

drotahorror

So played around for a match just to see how it was.

Controller sucks imo, kb/m is basically necessary atm.

Can't rebind keys but the base keybinds are fine.

M1 definitely lacks impact as done M2 on most vehicles I tried. Everyone is pretty tanky.

The lightening weapons feel like they weren't really doing anything.

It's alpha and needs a shit ton of work that's for sure.

I do like the disclaimer saying they very much will respond to fan feedback and encourage you to join their discord.

It looks nice and runs alright minus some hitches here and there.

It could honestly turn out great and I hope it does. Car combat has been missing for a decade and it's time to fill that void. Warhammer is actually a great IP to do it with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom