• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader |OT| Exploring The Treacherous Void of The Koronus Expanse

FunkMiller

It's inevitable that Warhammer 40,000 will eventually have female Space Marines.

They're not really any different than any other company which is going to bend the knee and pander to the screaming purple haired types.

Don’t agree. There literally isn’t an entertainment franchise I can think of that skews more male.

It has nothing to do with wokeness, and everything to do with cold hard capitalism.

samoilaaa

I’m 12 hours in. This is the first really good warhammer 40k game IMO. There’s been crap to good ones in the past, but this one soars.

This is also owlcat finally hitting a stride IMO. The pathfinder games both felt cumbersome and chore like.

It’s still no Baldurs gate 3 in terms of quality and polish but what games are?

I’ll say the combat is way more enjoyable to me than BG3, and so is the leveling system.

Praise the God Emperor!
baldur's gate 3 set the bar so high that most rpg developers wont reach it , the fact that they kept the complexity of an CRPG and added quality cutscenes its amazing

Rogue trader is a great rpg aswell they just dont have the money for full voice acting and cutscenes , i think ive read that BG3 budget was around 120 million$ , there is no way owlcat can get that kind of money , im even more upset at games like Hogwarts Legacy that do have money but they focused only on graphics and cutscenes and forgot about the rpg part

foamdino

<sigh> just as I get towards the end of Chapter 4 a rebalance patch comes out - I really hope the nerfs to soldier/arch-militant are not so bad that Argenta becomes useless :-(

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Cheeky! (prepare to respec ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS!)

tw1cQjQ.jpg

Wow, this is a monster update.

Due to the massive changes to the mechanics, all members of the current party in existing saves will receive a special ability, allowing them to perform a one-time free respecialization. The ability will be removed as soon as the party gains access to the usual means of respecialization. The main purpose of the ability is to make sure you can rebuild your characters after the major mechanical changes of this patch in case of not having access to the High Factotum. We have also added one additional free respecialization in the usual dialogue option with the High Factotum;

I was planning on waiting to later in the year to play, but now after this monster update, I'm tempted to right now!

StereoVsn

Wow, this is a monster update.

I was planning on waiting to later in the year to play, but now after this monster update, I'm tempted to right now!
I think I will still wait till first round of DLC, but this is quite tempting.

How is the state of the game now days?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Cheeky! (prepare to respec ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS!)

tw1cQjQ.jpg
After seeing all these massive changes etc., it was the right decision to wait. Looks like I'll be playing a much better game by the time I'll get to it after dealing with my backlog.

Here's some highlights from 1.1.28 Update:
  • Brand new full voiceover for the Prologue and companion chatter across the game;
  • New visual effects and icons;
  • Narrative tweaks and new reactivity options;
  • Fixes for broken quests and dialogues (including the long-anticipated Price of Humanity quest fix);
  • Fixes for incorrect and inconsistent epilogues;
  • A massive amount of fixes for incorrectly functioning abilities and items, including those that led to silly damage multiplication;
  • Balance updates, including survivability and damage buffs to Space Marines, nerfs for Officers, weapon balance, encounter balance, and changes to calculations of many stats, bonuses and difficulty modifiers, resulting in an overall smoother game experience;
  • A lot of performance improvements and optimization;
  • Reputation thresholds for vendors being lowered by about 20%;
  • Improvements for NPC AI, reducing the cases of friendly fire and unnecessary triggering of Attacks of Opportunity;
  • Co-op desync fixes and possibility to hire mercenaries during multiplayer sessions;
  • QoL UI improvements, including ability sorting, recommended skills and visibility of quests and extractums on the map;
  • Marazhai and Yrliet gaining access to many previously human-restricted items;

Corian33

Decided to hold off a little longer before going deeper into this. Have several other RPG’s that are good to go, so I’ll let this cook a little longer for the best experience. That said, the first ten hours I played were AMAZING. Like, I’m still flabbergasted that this game exists, it’s like a 40k nerdgasm that never ends.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Yep, glad I dropped this after a couple of hours. Seems like waiting for a while for them to improve things was definitely the right shout.

I‘m still (finally) ploughing my way through BG3, but I’ll get to this later this year.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yep, pretty surprised this isn’t discussed more but I dropped it after really wanting to love it. The performance is just terrible and continues to detract from the experience
So were they released any patches for the PS5 version with performance fixes at all? If not, it sure looks like the PC version is in the priority for them then.

Top Bottom