• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe - Next-Gen Reveal Trailer | PS5

ethomaz

Banned

More details here:

• New enhanced rendering engine.
  • Dynamic lighting
  • Better textures
  • Up to 4k (seems dynamic) @ 60fps
  • Several better loadtimes
  • Play with friends across generations with cross-save and cross-play
  • Activities support
  • Adaptive and Haptic Triggers support

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Cross save and cross play finally! I can finally play this game again! We better have that Neogaf clan back up and running from ps4 Bitmap Frogs Bitmap Frogs and all the otherguys like drraygun I spent hundreds of hours with.

Hey dude! The clan never stopped, F frizby kept it running. After the split they renamed the clan to Resetera but since they picking up players off that forum and some from this one they changed name again to a forum neutral name.

We have our OT at https://www.neogaf.com/threads/warframe-ot-tekno-ninjas-in-space-play-free.1503043/

You are free to come check it out and chat!

Last edited:

Orpheum

Looking good. Time to jump back in. Haven't played for a year

There’s no better place to see the stunning differences than on the Plains, the Orb Vallis or the Cambion Drift. The way light from the sun casts long shadows from the trees, the way foliage creates dynamic shadows as you stalk through it, or in the reflections on your Warframe as you stroll through the market square of Cetus.

On next-gen hardware, Warframe will look and play better than ever. Running at up to 4k resolution and 60 FPS means no detail will escape your eye as you dive into your next Mission.

You can also expect improved loading times across the entire game, thanks to the next generation solid-state drive! Not only will you be able to step into your next adventure faster than ever before, but you’ll notice improved texture quality across the entire Origin System.
Plus, the addition of the new Adaptive Triggers feature on the DualSense controller will make each melee Weapon swing or trigger pull feel more impactful.

Last edited:

splattered

I downloaded this game at launch but only played like 30 mins of it... i am always getting the Amazon Prime goodies and XB GPU perks and stuff so i would have a bunch of skins and stuff if i do log back into this one day. What is the state of this game now? Is it worth really sinking time into?

Handy Fake

I downloaded this game at launch but only played like 30 mins of it... i am always getting the Amazon Prime goodies and XB GPU perks and stuff so i would have a bunch of skins and stuff if i do log back into this one day. What is the state of this game now? Is it worth really sinking time into?
Never played it personally but my mate is a big fan. He's usually hard to please too.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Nice. I put a few hours on it and still come back to it. when I do play it it's hard to put down.

Up to 4K? Weird, so far only PS5 is mentioned:

Warframe on PS5 will support up to 4K Resolution and 60 FPS.
Wonder what Xbox will be.

Up to 4K? Weird, so far only PS5 is mentioned:

Warframe on PS5 will support up to 4K Resolution and 60 FPS.
Wonder what Xbox will be.

VN1X

Banned
Man, I want to get into this game but I feel like I'd just be so far behind the 8ball. But also like N N1tr0sOx1d3 says... it's probably a huge time sink!
600+ hours into it myself on PC (which is still peanuts) and that's the beauty about WF you can jump on the bandwagon whenever really. There's plenty of fellow noobs abound and even more veterans who are willing to help you out! It really has one of the best communities around.

I only started playing it in late 2017 when the first open-world expansion came out. It's a time sink but also a very generous one in terms of loot and content. Definitely recommended for the very low low price of free.

600+ hours into it myself on PC (which is still peanuts) and that's the beauty about WF you can jump on the bandwagon whenever really. There's plenty of fellow noobs abound and even more veterans who are willing to help you out! It really has one of the best communities around.

I only started playing it in late 2017 when the first open-world expansion came out. It's a time sink but also a very generous one in terms of loot and content. Definitely recommended for the very low low price of free.
600! That's some Destiny figures LOL I put a few hours into it in the beginning, I think in the early PS4 days, when there really wasn't a lot to play. I've only heard good things about the community.

VN1X

Banned
600! That's some Destiny figures LOL I put a few hours into it in the beginning, I think in the early PS4 days, when there really wasn't a lot to play. I've only heard good things about the community.
Just be aware that it's pretty much Alt+Tab: The Game lol. If you're playing on console it'd be wise to at least have a second screen open via a tablet or laptop as there's a ton of stuff that you'll be looking up constantly.

At one point I found myself looking more at wiki's and spreadsheets rather than playing the game lol. It's not mandatory but it definitely helps. Especially with the loot rotation that's present which requires you to queue up for specific missions/planets if you want a certain piece of gear.

Just be aware that it's pretty much Alt+Tab: The Game lol. If you're playing on console it'd be wise to at least have a second screen open via a tablet or laptop as there's a ton of stuff that you'll be looking up constantly.

At one point I found myself looking more at wiki's and spreadsheets rather than playing the game lol. It's not mandatory but it definitely helps. Especially with the loot rotation that's present which requires you to queue up for specific missions/planets if you want a certain piece of gear.
I have played my fair share of Souls games and I was really into Destiny 1, some what into Destiny 2... so I am very familiar with wikis and dual screen action :messenger_tears_of_joy: It's like being a day trader

Top Bottom