• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WandaVision |OT| Wanda's Mental Multiverse Breakdown

ManaByte

Mark Hammil's cameo on Mandalorian wasn't leaked and it was way bigger than Battlefield Counterstrike.
Hes Right GIF by MOODMAN

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
But what about the after credits? Interesting implications
I think they're going to do something AKIN to the boys being reborn... but not like it is in the comics. The boys were recently posting on SM from London, where Dr. Strange 2 is currently filming...

Soodanim

I think they're going to do something AKIN to the boys being reborn... but not like it is in the comics. The boys were recently posting on SM from London, where Dr. Strange 2 is currently filming...
That immediately rules out the voice being just a memory, then.

Is it possible the boys are in some sort of preserved state, maybe a more traditional comic book pocket universe type set up?

We also need to know what happens next to white Vision. He has his memories now, it will be interesting to see if that’s the end of controlled Vis or if he needs to further break his new programming. I half expected the two Visions to merge as the solution to the face off/directive problem.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I for sure thought it was him... Oh well.

Also... Monica stepped into her powers in a big way by taking those bullets like that. And she's going up to The Peak!

FunkMiller

It was a decent ending, but why the hell make so many noises about these big revelations and twists (casting Peters, leaking the idea of a huge cameo) and not follow through on any of it? Weird.

John Day

Awesome finale, more work for Paul Betany is always a good thing 🤣.

Can’t wait for Falcon & Winter Soldier, quality seems top notch.

And a Dr. Strange 2 trailer please, any day now 🔥

bitbydeath

bitbydeath

Anyone have any idea on what
Agnus was warning about when saying Wanda unleashed something that she will need her help with?

Last edited:

Valonquar

Played it super safe \ cheap with the end. No Cumberpickle, no segue-way into Falcon & Winter Soldier, no end resolution to what happens to White Vision beyond being "freed," and no repercussions for enslaving an entire small town of people, scarring them for life. The giant runes on the walls of the outer barrier was a nice touch tho.

Soodanim

Very meh ending
No Dr Strange
No Mephisto
No Reed Richards
White Vision just flies off and Darcy has no screen time average at best.
It wrapped up the story and set the stage for at least two future stories/plot points. The show has done a lot for Wanda as a character, and the lack of theorised characters doesn't hurt it unless you convinced yourself Marvel was going to do everything people had on their wish lists. Reed was the biggest outside maybe based on Quicksilver, which obviously didn't happen and as such RR ideas died immediately. After all the F4 attempts, they were never going to just throw RR in as a side character in the latter half of a 9 episode run. The smallest you're going to get is Spider-Man in Civil War in terms of movie introductions.

Anyone have any idea on what Agnus was warning about when saying Wanda unleashed something that she will need her help with?
Spoiler tags!

But it is a question that needs to be asked. If her Chaos magic didn't have the source it has, I'd have guessed it could come from a Strange villain. It could still be connected in some way, though.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

It’s strange how nobody at all seemed impressed by Monica suddenly having powers. Even fake Jim thought nothing of it and he was quite close with her in the earlier episodes.

bitbydeath

Spoiler tags!

But it is a question that needs to be asked. If her Chaos magic didn't have the source it has, I'd have guessed it could come from a Strange villain. It could still be connected in some way, though.
Crazy theory that probably couldn’t be further from the truth.

What if being in the dome modified everyone’s DNA and not just Monicas. The town could then be the birth of the mutants.

ManaByte

What a disrespectful waste of everyones time. The fuck was the point of that
casting
if they were gonna do jack shit with it? Just for teh lolz, fuck everyone involved with that bullshit

Yes because Disney is going to pay Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg in perpetuity for using a X-Men character they created and cast in Fox's movies and Feige is going to meld Fox's completely fucked up continuity to the carefully crafted MCU.

bitbydeath

What a disrespectful waste of everyones time. The fuck was the point of that
casting
if they were gonna do jack shit with it? Just for teh lolz, fuck everyone involved with that bullshit
If my theory above is right then
Ralph could still become an X-Men and even have similar speedster powers

Umbasaborne

Banned
Yes because Disney is going to pay Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg in perpetuity for using a X-Men character they created and cast in Fox's movies and Feige is going to meld Fox's completely fucked up continuity to the carefully crafted MCU.

why use him though? Like what was the point? Also they should have gotten out waaay ahead of time to set expectations. Not reveal who he is, but say hey, what you think is happening is not.

Soodanim

Crazy theory that probably couldn’t be further from the truth.

What if being in the dome modified everyone’s DNA and not just Monicas. The town could then be the birth of the mutants.
I was going to say that Monica was different because of the way she went in and out, but the only difference is that Monica went back in after being sent away (at which point her scans were already weird, so the change had already happened). The people were still affected by the growing and shrinking field, so they could have been changed in some way.

The townsfolk didn't get out before Wanda closed the exit, did they?

Imagine Kitty from That 70s Show as a Marvel mutant.

why use him though? Like what was the point? Also they should have gotten out waaay ahead of time to set expectations. Not reveal who he is, but say hey, what you think is happening is not.

It's a nod to the fans to confuse us like it did Wanda in her depressed delusion.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I was going to say that Monica was different because of the way she went in and out, but the only difference is that Monica went back in after being sent away (at which point her scans were already weird, so the change had already happened). The people were still affected by the growing and shrinking field, so they could have been changed in some way.

The townsfolk didn't get out before Wanda closed the exit, did they?

Imagine Kitty from That 70s Show as a Marvel mutant.
My thoughts on that is that Monica had multiple direct contacts at the source of Wandas power which is why she changed quicker while the others could have been incubated being in the centre so their mutant genes may take longer to arrive. If they go this route then we could hear more about the towns suffering rather than just ignore that she tortured them all with no repercussions.

Atrus

Gold Member
I didn't really see a payoff in watching the show. It was exactly as it was presented with no big twists and turns and advanced the MCU universe a tiny bit by making Wanda the Scarlet Witch and bringing back Vision.

It also didn't do much for Darcy Lewis, Jimmy Woo, or Monica Rambeau who had larger roles near the midpoint but were practically missing in the end. The real villain was cartoonish and struggled to find a real place in the plot as well.

John Day

People, if you take rumors and put your expectations high above the heavens because of said rumors, don’t blame the showrunners for not delivering what you expected.

Come on...

It’s fun to speculate and discuss, it has been for me all these weeks, but really, take all shit with a grain of salt.

Marvel isn’t going to put huge plot points that move the universe miles forward on a gated miniseries. They know they have to use any big guns on their main movies. Think on it.

Shit, they gave us Proton and that was probably as huge as it may get when it comes to character introductions into the MCU.

SkylineRKR

White Vision

I half expected him to merge with the created Vision which would be the way for MCU to bring him back like that. This sort of happened, but WV flies off. Ofcourse, WV has the original memories and quit the fight, he seems to be a good guy now. So its pretty much a given that he will reunite with Wanda in future movie or series. Vision is simply brought back. As for Evan Peters, I bet his Quicksilver will be back also. Perhaps Wanda will find the actual body, or it will merge with Ralph or something. It could be a reason for Wanda to actually call Agatha for help.

But overall, this has been an awesome show. I like it so much more than the Netflix Marvel crud (DD S1 was nice though). Its better paced, shorter, more fun to watch.

I like how it sets the stage for the Scarlet Witch. As Wanda was never been called it before and never wore the suit as well. She's basically fleshed out now and probably my number one MCU character. Before, I liked her but she didn't have much to do. She and her powers simply hadn't matured yet. Did Feige have planned this for her character all along? Wouldn't put it past him.

Soodanim

White Vision

I half expected him to merge with the created Vision which would be the way for MCU to bring him back like that. This sort of happened, but WV flies off. Ofcourse, WV has the original memories and quit the fight, he seems to be a good guy now. So its pretty much a given that he will reunite with Wanda in future movie or series. Vision is simply brought back. As for Evan Peters, I bet his Quicksilver will be back also. Perhaps Wanda will find the actual body, or it will merge with Ralph or something. It could be a reason for Wanda to actually call Agatha for help.

But overall, this has been an awesome show. I like it so much more than the Netflix Marvel crud (DD S1 was nice though). Its better paced, shorter, more fun to watch.

I like how it sets the stage for the Scarlet Witch. As Wanda was never been called it before and never wore the suit as well. She's basically fleshed out now and probably my number one MCU character. Before, I liked her but she didn't have much to do. She and her powers simply hadn't matured yet. Did Feige have planned this for her character all along? Wouldn't put it past him.
Exactly the same thoughts here (except I liked all of DD and some of the other stuff). SW catapulted to one of if not the most developed character in the MCU after this, and knowing this will feed into what happens in Dr Strange 2 is even better.

ManaByte

It's funny seeing Reddit melting down over this. Subreddit mods have locked the spoilers subreddit just to protect their friend from being dunked on by the mob.

bitbydeath

People, if you take rumors and put your expectations high above the heavens because of said rumors, don’t blame the showrunners for not delivering what you expected.

Come on...

It’s fun to speculate and discuss, it has been for me all these weeks, but really, take all shit with a grain of salt.

Marvel isn’t going to put huge plot points that move the universe miles forward on a gated miniseries. They know they have to use any big guns on their main movies. Think on it.

Shit, they gave us Proton and that was probably as huge as it may get when it comes to character introductions into the MCU.
It gave
White vision as well, and the book of the damned is now in Scarlets hands, and their was her kids which will be carried forward again later and whatever Agnes warned of, possibly the birth of mutants.

There may be other things too but I think it put in a lot of big points. Loki series will too considering he is currently dead in the MCU.

ManaByte

It gave
White vision as well, and the book of the damned is now in Scarlets hands, and their was her kids which will be carried forward again later and whatever Agnes warned of, possibly the birth of mutants.

There may be other things too but I think it put in a lot of big points. Loki series will too considering he is currently dead in the MCU.

I really don't think this has anything to do with Mutants since Falcon & Winter Soldier are going to Madripoor, there are rumored to be some minor Mutants there, and that show was originally going to air before this one (Falcon was originally August 2020, and WandaVision was December).

bitbydeath

I really don't think this has anything to do with Mutants since Falcon & Winter Soldier are going to Madripoor, there are rumored to be some minor Mutants there, and that show was originally going to air before this one (Falcon was originally August 2020, and WandaVision was December).
Probably right, I just think it would have been cool if they did more with WestView.

Darkhold is yet more evidence that Marvel TV has never been canon to the MCU main timeline. Completely different version. Maybe AoS and Runaway fans can come to terms and finally accept it.

Rumors shmumors. Mephisto, Nightmare, Dr. Strange, Quicksilver, etc etc were all rumored to be in Wandavision too. And I'll believe that's Madripoor when they mention it in the show.

Last edited:

ManaByte

And I'll believe that's Madripoor when they mention it in the show.

They literally had the Madripoor flag on set.

Top Bottom