• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WandaVision |OT| Wanda's Mental Multiverse Breakdown

bitbydeath

It's 9 episodes so there is only one left to go now. Man it was a slow start but it's gotten more and more intense as it's gone on. I have zero idea how this is going to be concluded as i have zero knowledge of the lore outside of watching the main infinity war films but it's been really enjoyable these last few episodes have been a great twist. No idea if it's all we are going to get or the story will continue with another season, kind of hoping there is as i'd love to see more of this world.
I believe
It’ll be continued in Spider-Man 3 and Dr Strange 2 but I expect the WestView situation to be somewhat resolved in the next ep.

Last edited:

McCheese

My guess...

Wanda will transplant magical visions soul into white vision, then get sucked into the multiverse in an epic witch off with Agatha in order to save the town folk. Fake Pietro will get left behind so accidentally ends up being legitimised, Vision will ask dr strange for help finding wanda in post credits.

e&e

Banned
Episode 8 spoilers

So Agatha isn't the mastermind at all. Rather, she sensed a huge deal of chaos magic in Westview and started to shadow Wanda. It seems she sees Wanda and her powers as a threat. I somehow don't think Agatha is evil here. She unlocked Wanda's past and got her to deal with her traumatic experience. She does hold the kids hostage, but those are just conjured up illusions after all. She seems to think Wanda's far too dangerous. Hayward looks to be the real villain here, labeling Wanda a terrorist while she didn't do shit at the lab except for breaking the glass lol. She never stole Vision.

Hahn is absolutely killing it though.
Hahn murders her scenes holy shit so good!

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
I wonder if the color of magic is tied to the infinity stone pocket universes for the MCU.

Of all the colours that could be used, they’re exactly the same as the Space, Power, Reality and Mind stones with Wanda able to access Reality and Mind so far.

Dr. Strange on the other hand uses orange Chakra style magic that’s similar in colour to the Soul stone.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
A lot of people are freaking out because it didn't validate their headcanon. They were fantasizing since Age of Ultron that Wanda was really a MUTANT and the Mind Stone unlocked her X-gene.

Except those people don't really read comics, because Wanda isn't a Mutant in the comics. The Mutants call her "The Great Pretender" and hate her.
In the comics was everything people were expecting. This is different than the comics.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Have a link of that Ep. 9 promo? Can’t find it.

PS: Not teasing you or anything mate, it’s an honest request. Would be awesome if Strange or even Mordo, who has been missing a while, made a cameo.

Ok you won.

Just checked again and it was just a very well made fake promo.... goddammit

Bridges

Just finished the most recent episode and damn
Wanda seeing what they did to Vision's body is definitely going to cause her to freak out and lose control more than she already has

I'm sad this is coming to an end, but they've succeeded in making me care about the MCU again with this. Didn't imagine I'd care too much about anything post Endgame, but now I can't wait to see how they follow this up in the movies.

sol_bad

I can't understand why some people are hoping Quicksilver is still the Fox-Men version.

Agatha basically says it takes a lot of power and effort to turn a bug into a bird. Yet people are expecting her to rip someone from an alternate reality? Something tells me reality pulling is way more complex than changing something in the current reality.

Vestal

Gold Member
I can't understand why some people are hoping Quicksilver is still the Fox-Men version.

Agatha basically says it takes a lot of power and effort to turn a bug into a bird. Yet people are expecting her to rip someone from an alternate reality? Something tells me reality pulling is way more complex than changing something in the current reality.

I think it has more to do to what that would infer. A link between both franchises and the possibility of some cross over with the current cast. Imagine seeing McAvoy or Fassbender in the MCU?

Who wouldn't want that?

It also would show a willingness of Disney/Marvel to progress the primary story arc for the next Phase through episodic television instead of just a single Movie.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I think it has more to do to what that would infer. A link between both franchises and the possibility of some cross over with the current cast. Imagine seeing McAvoy or Fassbender in the MCU?

Who wouldn't want that?

It also would show a willingness of Disney/Marvel to progress the primary story arc for the next Phase through episodic television instead of just a single Movie.

I personally wouldn't want that. McAvoy, Fassbender, McKellen and Stewart were all great. So was Hugh Jackman as Wolvie. But that's about all the X-men movies offer, they screwed everything else up, all the other characters were done terribly. Fox-Men films had poor continuity as well where as the MCU has impeccable continuity.

It doesn't make sense to just bring in McAvoy and Fassbender but recast or reboot the rest of the characters. I don't see the point in doing that. You pull in 2-5 characters from the Fox universe, but then what? How do we get more mutants after that?

Marvel Studios would also be tied with wha they could do with the Fox X-Men.

Vestal

Gold Member
I personally wouldn't want that. McAvoy, Fassbender, McKellen and Stewart were all great. So was Hugh Jackman as Wolvie. But that's about all the X-men movies offer, they screwed everything else up, all the other characters were done terribly. Fox-Men films had poor continuity as well where as the MCU has impeccable continuity.

It doesn't make sense to just bring in McAvoy and Fassbender but recast or reboot the rest of the characters. I don't see the point in doing that. You pull in 2-5 characters from the Fox universe, but then what? How do we get more mutants after that?

Marvel Studios would also be tied with wha they could do with the Fox X-Men.
The Multiverse is coming. Just look at the cast for Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. People had hoped that we would get a first glance into it now.

sol_bad

The Multiverse is coming. Just look at the cast for Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. People had hoped that we would get a first glance into it now.

I understand the Multi-Verse is coming but plopping the Fox-Men into the MCU doesn't add anything good or make the MCU better. It's a hindrance because Marvel Studios would have to stick to the none sensicle continuity that Fox created.

Maybe we'll see some of these characters as a cameo but I cant imagine any sticking around forever. It'll be a fresh cast so Marvel Studios can do what they want.

Deadpool can stick around as Ryan Reynolds as he barely hangs out with the X-Men. The Colossus from Deadpool 2 would even work in the MCU. Honestly though, I'd prefer a much more serious Colossus.

I'd also be 100% fine with Anna Taylor-Joy sticking around in the MCU. She was great in New Mutants as Magik. And again, the cast in that film didn't interact with the main X-Men so what Marvel Studios could do with those characters or specifically Magik is very open.

Vestal

Gold Member
I understand the Multi-Verse is coming but plopping the Fox-Men into the MCU doesn't add anything good or make the MCU better. It's a hindrance because Marvel Studios would have to stick to the none sensicle continuity that Fox created.

Maybe we'll see some of these characters as a cameo but I cant imagine any sticking around forever. It'll be a fresh cast so Marvel Studios can do what they want.

Deadpool can stick around as Ryan Reynolds as he barely hangs out with the X-Men. The Colossus from Deadpool 2 would even work in the MCU. Honestly though, I'd prefer a much more serious Colossus.

I'd also be 100% fine with Anna Taylor-Joy sticking around in the MCU. She was great in New Mutants as Magik. And again, the cast in that film didn't interact with the main X-Men so what Marvel Studios could do with those characters or specifically Magik is very open.
Some people are interested in the possibilities, and the twist and turns crossing over that reality could do in the MCU. It could open up some amazing story lines for Wanda in particular, given her father.

But I get your argument. There is absolutely an inherent risk in trying to bring that "world" into the MCU, but an argument can be made that there is a risk in recasting them so soon. Personally I struggle between the two in that regard.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
What if that IS Fox's Quicksilver? He tells Wanda he's a mutant and he helps in defeating the big bad...she says "we need more mutants" or something... I'm down with that. LOL

ManaByte

Allegedly yes.
Lot's to get through in one episode.

According to Feige it sounds more like it's a cliffhanger that leads directly into Doctor Strange 2 as opposed to a second season:

A WandaVision season two, however, is not something currently occupying Feige's mind, as that series will feed into a feature film: Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, due out March 25, 2022 and featuring Elizabeth Olsen's Wanda Maximoff.

"When we start with a movie, we hope there is a part two, we hope there is part three, but we aren't factoring that into the part 1," said Feige, who noted he'd been at Marvel too long to say a definite yes or no to anything regarding WandaVision season two.

"Some of the shows that I mentioned that we are about to start filming, we are keeping in mind a structure that would lead into a season two or a season three in a more direct way compared to a show like WandaVision that goes into a feature," said Feige.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Latest episode spoiler below.

Wait what did they use to revive vision?

The red glow made me think it was Ultron

They took the "Chaos Magic" from the barrier and let it flow into Vision.

Not a good idea i guess xD

Last edited:

Vestal

Gold Member
More specifically, since both Wanda's power and Vision were the result of the Mind Stone they could use it to activate him.
Umm Wandas wasn’t exactly a result of the Mind Stone if you take this last episode as pure Cannon. Per this last episode, her power was dormant and the Mind Stone simply unlocked it.

Dacon

Banned
People were being super optimistic about Mephisto being involved in any of this. That's way too cool for MCU stuff.

At least theyre moving away from the "magic is science" bullshit they pulled in Thor.

Also, nice throwback to the comics using white Vision.

Last edited:

ManaByte

People were being super optimistic about Mephisto being involved in any of this. That's way too cool for MCU stuff.

It'd be hard for Disney to tie the literal devil to the MCU. But they could do someone like Nightmare and combine the character with Mephisto (like how they combined Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo in Iron Man 2) and get away with it.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It'd be hard for Disney to tie the literal devil to the MCU. But they could do someone like Nightmare and combine the character with Mephisto (like how they combined Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo in Iron Man 2) and get away with it.
I have hopes we are getting more supernatural and cosmic stuff. The Living Tribunal is referenced again in the Loki trailer. So it's not impossible we get devil types.

ManaByte

I have hopes we are getting more supernatural and cosmic stuff. The Living Tribunal is referenced again in the Loki trailer. So it's not impossible we get devil types.

Yea we're likely getting Nightmare who will probably have elements of Mephisto, but the literal devil is doubtul.

HOWEVER

Marvel Television was forbidden to use Mephisto in the Helstrom TV show (they used Marduk instead). Which could mean Feige has plans for him.

Dacon

Banned

Except Mephisto isn't the devil, and for years the comics insisted he wasn't. Hell the "literal" Devil Lucifer does exist in the 616 universe independent of Mephisto. It wasn't until Spirits of Ghost Rider #1 where they implied he could be the biblical devil, flying in the face of decades of history and storytelling. Regardless, Marvel continuity has always been a mess so it's beside the point I'm going to make.

They could very easily introduce him in the MCU as a cosmic evil entity and sidestep the entire issue of trying to connect him to Christianity directly, if it's truly an issue. It's the same type of shit they pulled with the Gods in the MCU.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Does anyone here think the new episode makes Age of Ultron even better? Did anyone watch AoU again because of this episode?

Last edited:

Ememee

Does anyone here think the new episode makes Age of Ultron even better? Did anyone watch AoU again because of this episode?

its still a messy pos (albeit watchable) but a lot of different things (civil war, infinity war, endgame, now wandavision..) has helped it age better.

sol_bad

I think there are only 2 messy parts of AoU.

One is the start when they create the Ultron AI, I can't comprehend how they extract an AI from the mind stone.
The other scene being Thor in the cave water and his vision of the Infinity Stones, it makes absolutely no sense.

I don't consider either main plot points so they don't affect the movie too badly for me.

Top Bottom