• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WandaVision |OT| Wanda's Mental Multiverse Breakdown

bitbydeath

The only thing i don't like about the show is they went from Family Ties straight to Malcolm in the Middle. I feel like the early 90s shows like Full House and Family Matters was a pretty big era for sitcoms.
From Family Ties straight to God Tier.
Malcolm in the Middle will never be topped.

Liamario

Banned
This show should have been a movie or a 2 part mini series. The sitcom segments aren't funny and they really need to be. It's a great concept, but there's just so much padding and 86s detrimental to the show.

SkylineRKR

I suspected this twist from the beginning, but I kinda didn't expect it anymore.

when

Vision changed her mind I thought she was a legit hostage and I was kinda disappointed, but here we are

Dunno bout that selfie but Kat is super hot, she is in that rare super curvy busty but not fat category, her face is pretty but not perfect which adds character, and that voice, at first you think its annoying but then you realize you really dig it.

Shes hot as hell. She has quite a rack too which is kind of visible in episode 7. I think those pics of her roaming around are real? Looks good.

Last edited:

Shouta

The only thing i don't like about the show is they went from Family Ties straight to Malcolm in the Middle. I feel like the early 90s shows like Full House and Family Matters was a pretty big era for sitcoms.

Both Full House and Family matters started in the late 80s so they would have fit under the Family Ties/80s episode. The opening of that episode was like Family Ties mixed with Growing Pains with a bit of Full House. The soaring shot of the family running in park is exactly like the one from Full House.

90s Sitcoms didn't really change much at all in comparison to the 80s which is probably why they skipped it. Malcolm in the Middle really presented a big shift and now Modern Family as well which is why I think they hopped to them.

Last edited:
Finally watched it. Stayed up late yesterday to watch just to see Disney+ constantly crash. Seems like a lot of people had the same issue. The fuck, Disney? I know for a fact they use AWS and they probably have dedicated HW. AWS has a feature that allows you to scale up ahead of time when you expect a spike in demand. They should expect a spike in demand on Fridays when Marvel and Star Wars show drop. It's inexcusable to have customers not able to access the service they are paying for due to their inability to plan ahead for the demand.

With that bitching out of the way, I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, especially the song at the end that's stuck in my head right now. I think it was Kathryn Hahn singing it too. I did laugh at a couple of jokes too, mainly from Hahn and her delivery.

This episode we got:
- Monica's origin story
- Agatha reveal
- Confirmation that Pietro is not Pietro from Fox or anywhere else
- Confirmation that Vision was being reworked at SWORD and Wanda broke in to stop them

I think next episode will be
a flashback. Basically parts about Agatha and her POV through the episodes. Will probably see Wanda breaking in SWORD. I think it'll answer quite a few of our questions on the show. Likely to be longer in length too as it sets up for the big finale.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Finally watched it. Stayed up late yesterday to watch just to see Disney+ constantly crash. Seems like a lot of people had the same issue. The fuck, Disney? I know for a fact they use AWS and they probably have dedicated HW. AWS has a feature that allows you to scale up ahead of time when you expect a spike in demand. They should expect a spike in demand on Fridays when Marvel and Star Wars show drop. It's inexcusable to have customers not able to access the service they are paying for due to their inability to plan ahead for the demand.

With that bitching out of the way, I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, especially the song at the end that's stuck in my head right now. I think it was Kathryn Hahn singing it too. I did laugh at a couple of jokes too, mainly from Hahn and her delivery.

This episode we got:
- Monica's origin story
- Agatha reveal
- Confirmation that Pietro is not Pietro from Fox or anywhere else
- Confirmation that Vision was being reworked at SWORD and Wanda broke in to stop them

I think next episode will be
a flashback. Basically parts about Agatha and her POV through the episodes. Will probably see Wanda breaking in SWORD. I think it'll answer quite a few of our questions on the show. Likely to be longer in length too as it sets up for the big finale.

An artist for Marvel accidentally posted storyboards of Wanda doing that to their artstation (and pulled them down when Reddit found them). So yea we'll probably see that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This is definitely one of those shows where the theorycrafting is more hype than the actual show.

I wanted X-men or at least a path toward X-men.

But no - We’re not getting X-men despite Fox Quicksilver getting casted in this. Such a prick tease.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Home Improvement and Everyone Loves Raymond were bigger than either of those shows. And they included a full house montage in the 1980s episode.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Home Improvement and Everyone Loves Raymond were bigger than either of those shows. And they included a full house montage in the 1980s episode.

Kinda surprised they didn’t go with Home Improvement now that you mention it. Doesn’t Disney own that show?

Ionian

Looks like it was wise for me to skip it. Love book characters and don't care about spoilers for something like this.

Oh well, will watch the highlights. Still looking forward to Dr. Strange two

ManaByte

Gold Member
This is definitely one of those shows where the theorycrafting is more hype than the actual show.

I wanted X-men or at least a path toward X-men.

But no - We’re not getting X-men despite Fox Quicksilver getting casted in this. Such a prick tease.
Feige won’t let that Fox garbage masquerading as X-Men smell the MCUs farts.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I've had Disney+ skip me 10-30 seconds (presumably for a momentary connection drop) with no way of recovering without refreshing the page. Also, if you click the full screen button then come out of an episode, it takes you back to the episode selection without disabling full screen so you're stuck at a episode selection screen you can't do much with unless you press escape. It's definitely showing its infancy as a service right now, at least in browsers.

sol_bad

ManaByte ManaByte I told you not to get too excited about hour long episodes.
:O

Episode was pretty amazing if you ask me. They resurprised me in regards to Agnes, especially after last episode. I still think the last 2 episodes will have some surprises for us.
Seeing how Monica re-entered Westview was a visual delight.
Do you think we have met the astrophysicist or are they behind the scenes still?

And why are some people disappointed that Evan Peters isn't the Fox-Men Quicksilver? I told ya'll thatt won't be the case, the series has not laid any groundwork for the multiverse ... yet.

bitbydeath

the series has not laid any groundwork for the multiverse ... yet.
What about this?
images

EulBifwXMAk7QhF.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
There is that but just like Fox-Men Quicksilver it's just an Easter egg for the comic fans. It doesn't actually link to anything that is actually in the show, yet.

Those doors in Agathas basement could be interesting though.
I think the "Snoopers gonna snoop" bit proved he wasn't Pietro and Agatha used her magic to give him the super speed so he could "play his part" like he said to Wanda.

Mihos

Gold Member
I think Agatha is using the necrocomicon to bring mephisto for some reason. I also think he will in the end save Wicken/Speedster from being absorbed setting up young avengers

Would also be a good way to setup Blade and even have some back story in the eternals movie.

It also makes sense if they setup Wanda as a Nexus being like she is in the comics, especially with no infinity stones to control the aspects of existance.

I'm not sure I followed the cascade of red chick vs blue chick overshadowed by purple chick. They all just have powers now? Wanda rewrote blue chick to have powers? Purple chick is the evil behind the whole show/town spurred on by SWORD?

I'm lost, don't follow the comics.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I'm not sure I followed the cascade of red chick vs blue chick overshadowed by purple chick. They all just have powers now? Wanda rewrote blue chick to have powers? Purple chick is the evil behind the whole show/town spurred on by SWORD?

I'm lost, don't follow the comics.

Wanda did not give Monica her powers. Monica gained her powers by going through the barrier 3 times, it changed her DNA basically, her powers will not be magic based. And Agatha Harkness (purple chick) has nothing to do with SWORD, she has her own sinister plans, plans that we are not aware of yet.

Wanda has always had powers since Age of Ultron.
Agatha has always had magical powers as well but she kept them hidden until now.

I won't mention anything from the comics so as to not spoil what might happen. Although one of the creatives for Wandavision has said that the fans haven't guessed everything that will occur in the show. So there will still be surprises for the comic fans.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

As for the well-received “WandaVision,” Feige revealed that while there were “all sorts of discussions” around the casting of Wanda’s brother Pietro Maximoff — namely, whether it would come down to the “Age of Ultron” Pietro, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, or the “X-Men: Days of Future Past” Peter Maximoff, Evan Peters — the show’s creators ended up deciding to go with Peters “relatively early on in the development process.”

“[It was] just another way that that certain people were messing around with Wanda,” he said.

Tesseract

Banned
this is going off the rails somewhat, maybe that's what they wanted but the way things are written feels aimless and drifty borderline nonsensical, like the movies are still in the way of ample progression

might be wrong about that, have much higher hopes for loki, falcon and winter soldier for expanding the universe slash keeping things grounded (not an easy feat)

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
SO... they FINALLY said "Scarlet Witch" ... and "Chaos Magic"... I'm knew there wasn't any Mephisto crap in this show...

ManaByte

Gold Member
A lot of people freaking out over this episode.

A lot of people are freaking out because it didn't validate their headcanon. They were fantasizing since Age of Ultron that Wanda was really a MUTANT and the Mind Stone unlocked her X-gene.

Except those people don't really read comics, because Wanda isn't a Mutant in the comics. The Mutants call her "The Great Pretender" and hate her.

sol_bad

My oh my, what an amazing episode and that credits scene, JEEEEEEESUS.
The opening scene was pretty damn dark too.

So it's Vision VS Vision and Wanda VS Agatha next episode?

SkylineRKR

Episode 8 spoilers

So Agatha isn't the mastermind at all. Rather, she sensed a huge deal of chaos magic in Westview and started to shadow Wanda. It seems she sees Wanda and her powers as a threat. I somehow don't think Agatha is evil here. She unlocked Wanda's past and got her to deal with her traumatic experience. She does hold the kids hostage, but those are just conjured up illusions after all. She seems to think Wanda's far too dangerous. Hayward looks to be the real villain here, labeling Wanda a terrorist while she didn't do shit at the lab except for breaking the glass lol. She never stole Vision.

Hahn is absolutely killing it though.

Last edited:

John Day

Episode 8 spoilers

So Agatha isn't the mastermind at all. Rather, she sensed a huge deal of chaos magic in Westview and started to shadow Wanda. It seems she sees Wanda and her powers as a threat. I somehow don't think Agatha is evil here. She unlocked Wanda's past and got her to deal with her traumatic experience. She does hold the kids hostage, but those are just conjured up illusions after all. She seems to think Wanda's far too dangerous. Hayward looks to be the real villain here, labeling Wanda a terrorist while she didn't do shit at the lab except for breaking the glass lol. She never stole Vision.

Awesome episode. And i agree with you about Agatha. Can’t wait for next week!

A lot of people are freaking out because it didn't validate their headcanon. They were fantasizing since Age of Ultron that Wanda was really a MUTANT and the Mind Stone unlocked her X-gene.

Except those people don't really read comics, because Wanda isn't a Mutant in the comics. The Mutants call her "The Great Pretender" and hate her.
To be fair they retconned her in the comics because Perlmutter was butthurt they didn't have the film rights to X-Men. She was a mutant for a long time until she wasn't.

KrakenIPA

Episode 8 spoilers

I thought it was a pretty solid episode, my friend said it was a bit disjointed though, I told them about how it kind of fits with the jarring nature of the era jumps in the show.

Agatha holding Wanda with some runes doesn't seem like it is going to go so well for Agatha. Ms. Hahn has really shined in her role, but she may have her essence drained sooner than later (MCU loves to feed their villains crow). I think seeing her children getting punked out (real or not) will make Wanda flip the switch to Dark Pheonix mode lol but I like the idea that Agatha really is helping Wanda work through the 5 steps. No Monica or Darcy in this episode was great, Ms. Hahn can own an episode, that is for sure!

Is it 2 more episodes to go? Is there a season 2 planned? Is there a plan?

Impotaku

I thought it was a pretty solid episode, my friend said it was a bit disjointed though, I told them about how it kind of fits with the jarring nature of the era jumps in the show.

Agatha holding Wanda with some runes doesn't seem like it is going to go so well for Agatha. Ms. Hahn has really shined in her role, but she may have her essence drained sooner than later (MCU loves to feed their villains crow). I think seeing her children getting punked out (real or not) will make Wanda flip the switch to Dark Pheonix mode lol but I like the idea that Agatha really is helping Wanda work through the 5 steps. No Monica or Darcy in this episode was great, Ms. Hahn can own an episode, that is for sure!

Is it 2 more episodes to go? Is there a season 2 planned? Is there a plan?
It's 9 episodes so there is only one left to go now. Man it was a slow start but it's gotten more and more intense as it's gone on. I have zero idea how this is going to be concluded as i have zero knowledge of the lore outside of watching the main infinity war films but it's been really enjoyable these last few episodes have been a great twist. No idea if it's all we are going to get or the story will continue with another season, kind of hoping there is as i'd love to see more of this world.

sol_bad

Well, as I mentioned a few times, like many other MCU movies, this show has also deviated away from what happens in the comics. Yeah it has elements of the comics but it's still different.

How it will end is anyone's guess and I'm excited as fuck.

*EDIT*
Haywood is a fucking cunt for making Wanda look bad and now I really do hate him. I never expected Westview Vision to be a totally different body, surely no one predicted this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom