• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Overall a decent group. I fell asleep during Mei but just watched her again. she is super cute

Bae delievered on energy as expected. To me Kronii was the only really odd one, not sure about her direction.

will have to wait and see how things shake out from here. I can safely say that they are not pushing anyone in holomyth out of the way but a decent addition to the group.

Watched all debuts now.

Sana does not really appeal to me at all.
Fauna seems great, has great taste and wants to do weekly ASMR, most promising out of all members for me.
Kronii I also like. Like the way she talks and her voice (it's interesting, her voice is a lot more mature than her previous identity). Also great taste similar to Fauna.
Mumei seems pretty normal, shy and relaxed. Probably not the greatest entertainer, but relaxing to listen to. Will need to see more of her.
Baelz is very energetic and seems to have the most fun streaming of all and also is very innovative. She has everything a great streamer needs. But her interests don't really match with mine. And she is quite exhaustening to watch.

Three identities were already leaked and Japanese already start talking about one of them having a boyfriend, oh my, luckily this is EN, so I hope this doesn't go bad.

Last edited:
Watched all debuts now.

Sana does not really appeal to me at all.
Fauna seems great, has great taste and wants to do weekly ASMR, most promising out of all members for me.
Kronii I also like. Like the way she talks and her voice (it's interesting, her voice is a lot more mature than her previous identity). Also great taste similar to Fauna.
Mumei seems pretty normal, shy and relaxed. Probably not the greatest entertainer, but relaxing to listen to. Will need to see more of her.
Baelz is very energetic and seems to have the most fun streaming of all and also is very innovative. She has everything a great streamer needs. But her interests don't really match with mine. And she is quite exhaustening to watch.

Three identities were already leaked and Japanese already start talking about one of them having a boyfriend, oh my, luckily this is EN, so I hope this doesn't go bad.
I don't think it being EN will save them it things naturally get too loud for Cover

it is a damn shame that unmasking the talents is the first thing some of these fans put their energy towards

i dunno why Sana gets the least amount of love and subs

fans know by now that Sana is not black right? I have been waiting for a black vtuber for a while now, I like space and science
so she almost had me won over. I have left behind the LEO LIBRA star sign silly shit that pretends that shit is real. I don't really want to watch Sana spend time on that crap when planets and galaxies have so much more cool shit you can talk about.

I wanted Sana to be my favorite but still have to watch her some more.

Mei so far has won me over.

followed by Fauna and Bae

I understand what Kronii is going for a bit more and everyone loves her voice

Sana needs to find her footing soon

i have not spotted the drama about who got exposed or leaked being reported on channels so that is a good thing

We need to put this in perspective. They all have a shitload of subs compared to almost any non-Hololive vtubers. Nijisanji EN is very underrated by comparison (pssst check them out wink wink nudge nudge).

As for Sana's her Aussie accent kind of turned me off initially and her audio quality was poor so that wasn't doing her any favours. She seems funny and outgoing though so I'm sure she'll be fine. I'm reminded of Kiara's debut. Sana is also an extremely talented artist as she did the art for the tapestry they're releasing. I want to see her and Ina do some art collabs with their limiters disabled.

Regarding drama about their previous identities and personal lives that's an "Oh no! Anyway" situation. Antis will try and fail to stir shit up. I'm aware of attempts involving two of the new talents and just report and ignore it. That's actually something I prefer about non-Hololive where there is so much less 'purity' BS. They're just people that play up a personality for entertainment but otherwise have normal lives.

Also, in my opinion the lore with Hololive EN is getting annoying. They went in hard yesterday and then threw the Omega thing at the end and I was just so checked out. Not sure where they're going with it but I hope they tone it down soon. The JP side has hardly any of that.

My initial thoughts on the new faces:
- I really like Fauna's voice but it remains to be seen if that's enough to keep me engaged. It's nice to have an ASMR girl on the EN side.
- Kronii's voice is sultry and attractive. Has a "nighttime AM Radio" hostess groove going on. I'll probably have her on in the background while working and stuff.
- Sana is funny and talented, I have a feeling she'll grow on me.
- Bae is Ollie with 80% less drugs. I'll probably enjoy her interactions with others but might not watch her solo.
- Mei is cute but pretty boring so far. I won't be surprised if she's popular though. She's Gura-lite.

I fully agree with you about the perspective EN has a hungry loyal fanbase and Hololive get hyped up much more than any other agency
they are the one's everyone is watching at one moment or another.

A girl not being allowed a boyfriend is one of the stupid things Cover needs to quietly erase from their minds. These are people they won't stay happy long no matter how much they pretend to be pure. I could get ugly when you tell women what they can't and cannot do when you don't live under sharia based government. Whatever the reasons they need to let go of that shit and stop giving antis fuel for drama.

I can't really imagine Ame or Kiara not fucking someone at some point. That is just healthy adult shit.

Mei gives me more of a Ina lite vibe than Gura vibes.
they all should do pretty well when placed in perspective as you pointed out.

this is how... the stream took a turn, many turns if you know Gura

she also might have started a new war between Pekora and Aqua

Gura stole 2 trips worth of items from Pekora's HQ and left them in a chest at Aqua's HQ with a sign
not clip yet but took a while, think she also left gifts for Miko

she also wants all of the council each in a different special way

this is why she is my number one

Last edited:
Hololive EN does not have any rule against having boyfriends, only about disclosing that you have one.

It's simply fans that expect them not to have one. It's basically part of the unwritten "Idol" contract. The viewers dedicate their live to the Vtuber, so they expect the same from the Vtuber. If you want to a proper harem, you need to treat all your partners equally, you can't have one that is allowed to touch you in real life, while the others can't, that's a nono.

That being said, Hololive leaves that to the Vtuber how they promote themselves mostly. If you actually go out of your way to make viewers dependent on you like Rushia and Korone do, then you have some kind of responsibility. If you make it clear that you're not offering such a service, that's fine too imo, just make it clear.

That they shouldn't say they have a boyfriend is just for their own protection, because there's always at least one fanatic fan.

-------------------

If you ask me, Sana just isn't very interesting. So I can totally see why she is least successful. The only thing she got is her energy, and this doesn't give much subs. There are cases of people who put in so much energy that they got really successful later on, most notably Subaru who started with like a tenth sub of all the others of her gen but now is almost at the top.

All in all, Hololive EN2 isn't all that great. Fauna has potential as ASMR Vtuber, but I still have my doubts, Kronii is like "finally someone at Hololive with a mature voice" but needs to prove that she also produces good content, Mumei has a very good personality and high sympathy but I feel I'd rather have her as real life best friend than Vtuber. Baelz is interesting but too exhaustening to listen to for me.

None of them can beat half of the Nijisanji EN members in my opinion.

-------------------

My favorite Vtuber is Selen now by the way. She is just so fun to watch. I can leave her talking in the background just to get into a good mood, but she also plays so many awesome games like Starcraft and Metal Slug I actually want to watch.

Nene Amano ranked up to the top for me too by being the only girl so far that can make English ASMR that doesn't make me cringe, simple because her core personality is all about loving to make others happy, so it feels so natural rather than artificial.

Suzu ranked down a lot for me after a while, her personality is just really annoying. I don't really like people that get angry about every little thing (she frequently kicks people in chat who say something she doesn't like). I don't even know if she just roleplays it or if she actually is this childish.

Ebi has potential, but she makes nothing of it. She is completely stuck in her ways, I even talked with her about it on stream but she just keeps on coming up with excuses why she won't do something even though she wants to.

I guess I'll mostly focus on Selen and two other super small Vtubers for now. Though I'll need to give the Hololive EN members at least some chance once they play something I want to watch. (Or in case of Fauna, check out her ASMR.)

For ASMR, my favorites apart from Nene Amano are actually Lamy (just hearing her voice makes me almost instantly fall asleep for some reason) and Utako (didn't even know I'm into mature women before hearing her ASMR), but they both only do ASMR like every 6 months, so I usually still switch between Patra and Noel.

I think I tried around 100 different Vtubers by now. This is my current conclusion.

Last edited:
I don't have any extra time to explore Ninjisanji EN. I have a hard enough time just following the going ons of HoloEN ID and JP.
Rya you should post your favorites more often, that is an unknow world for me.

sana sana sana

Sana is the art girl, I wonder when she will do art streams since she did the art for their merch

Last edited:
Okay can't watch Journey. Mumei moves the camera around at such insane speeds that I immediately get motion sick. How can she endure that. XD

Celeste is a great game to stream but it's not during my awake times.

Rya you should post your favorites more often, that is an unknow world for me.
I do frequently. I posted all of Selen's Starcraft streams and Shovel Knight.

Ebi I don't post because she never does anything interesting, she basically only plays Minecraft and Genshin Impact.

Do you want to know about anything or anyone in particular?

Okay can't watch Journey. Mumei moves the camera around at such insane speeds that I immediately get motion sick. How can she endure that. XD

Celeste is a great game to stream but it's not during my awake times.

I do frequently. I posted all of Selen's Starcraft streams and Shovel Knight.

Ebi I don't post because she never does anything interesting, she basically only plays Minecraft and Genshin Impact.

Do you want to know about anything or anyone in particular?
I just think you have a better perspective on what is outside of hololive than I do honestly. You should post what you plan to watch or those you follow and help others find them. please feel free to share, i am a bit obsessed with hololive so it would help a lot.

that journey stream has 25k watching seems like a new game to her she thinking of stopping lol

oh she is stopping so she can watch Fauna's stream soon

Last edited:
OUCH. The TTRPG on Ina's channel was so scuffed they canceled it and now are just chatting.

Calli trying to handle this on her laptop from the other side of the world was a bit too ambitious lol
Calli is away from home it was a good try but knowing the EN curse it was dead before they started

at least they are having fun

In the past week before debut and after I have seen EN Council subs hit 100k 3 times now, youtube keeps dropping the count back down numbers get reduced after a few days. Could this be a glitch or attack of fake subs? Someone must be messing with them.

People are complaining that YouTube is unsubbing them from the channels. I can only assume it's the anti-bot algorithm messing up but I have no clue. It's strange and just more stupid YouTube things that nobody understands.
oh I have also heard this recently, that could explain it. Sadly it means Sana was doing well as her gen-mates but this shot her back down 3x

hmmm wonder what went down?

after watching a few videos about Kiara's past online, the fact she was in an idol group for a few years really makes her a perfect hololive manager or talent support staff. She knows the shit that is out there.

Last edited:
Smiles and Cries Smiles and Cries
Here you go a secret small Vtuber I've been watching: Kurama. If you wonder how she relates to vtuber you know, she is a friend of Naname (I don't like her) who is Gura's Vsister.
Found her because I was looking for someone doing Duolingo streams, unfortunately she kinda stopped that. But because she basically started of only learning English, her fanbase is like 95% English.

Hi Honey Clip:

Recently she did a Undertale "First time play, have to clear the game" endurance stream:

Don't expect too much emotional reactions from her, she isn't the type for that.
She more the "Let's just hang out and talk" type of person. She is really interested in other cultures too.

I also like that she has a less childish voice (though I think she does sound pretty young, just not adjusting her voice to sound cute).

do you get copyright strike if you play radio in GTAV while streaming?

this game is a minefield for Ame, she is doing a good job ignoring the worst

Miko and Gura showing up in chat

Last edited:
Top Bottom