• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Too bad I can't find it anymore, but there was this collab (including people outside of Hololive) where there was the question "What will make you graduate". And the majority said that they'd probably graduate if the others of their gen graduated, but Kanata said she would actually feel motivated to work even harder then.

Kanata seems very positive and in good spirits. Everyone is putting on a brave face while they stream with the news being spammed in their chats.

On a positive note, this Henry Stickmin collection is incredibly fun to watch. Gura played it too, but she switches the scenes to often that it's hard to keep track. But I will probably first watch Gura to understand all the scenes and then watch the JP members play them. Pekora played it too. More may come.

Gura really did not jump around that much, she only did so at the beginning trying to find what would happen if she did this option instead. By the end she went on a hunt to see every possible ending and fails. Chat kept telling her what she missed so she did have to jump back a few times but it was not hard to follow.

Fubuki kinda played it the same way they both had fun.

Kanata seems very positive and in good spirits. Everyone is putting on a brave face while they stream with the news being spammed in their chats.
Not everyone, Towa almost cried.

Gura really did not jump around that much, she only did so at the beginning trying to find what would happen if she did this option instead. By the end she went on a hunt to see every possible ending and fails. Chat kept telling her what she missed so she did have to jump back a few times but it was not hard to follow.

Fubuki kinda played it the same way they both had fun.
I think the best way to play it is to play to the end and then restart from the beginning trying to find another route until you have all endings.

Constantly jumping to nodes with missing options kinda makes it confusing. But I didn't finish watching either stream yet. I think it gets better as you said.

Since we are in a neutral space here I guess it's okay to talk about Coco's identity. Just in case you want to know where you can find her outside of Hololive: https://www.youtube.com/c/ksonONAIR/videos

Notably she did stream on it just yesterday because it was her real life birthday. I guess she decided to wait with announcing her graduation until after her birthday.

Yeah already followed that channel last year. In this context it is fine to let fans know where she is at. If that was her plan drop Hololive and just focus on her old Channel I really don't understand this plan.

Antis can also attack her RL channel just as much. I think it would be nice if at least 90% of her base knew and subbed to her RL channel too.

Vtuber fans don't cross over to RL channels often enough.

With all she said it feels like she really left Hololive because there were too many limitations and she plans to continue streaming.

In that stream she also says: "I was at the top of this world. But this world was too small for me."
I can see Coco on Twitch more freedoms there that is for sure. But I still think she will need a live 2D character to stream with.
I don't doubt her ability to pull all her fans over to a new character if she wants one. Hopefully Cover does not blacklist that character I don't see any reason they should try to harm her. They should help her if anything.

It will be easier to get collabs if she has a live2D character.

Not everyone, Towa almost cried.

I think the best way to play it is to play to the end and then restart from the beginning trying to find another route until you have all endings.

Constantly jumping to nodes with missing options kinda makes it confusing. But I didn't finish watching either stream yet. I think it gets better as you said.
Gura is a meme historian at heart, that game hit her weakpoints finding references that she was too young to even remember. Chat kept telling her what stuff meant.

Stream got better towards the end because the story arcs just got deeper and easier to follow.

Yeah already followed that channel last year. In this context it is fine to let fans know where she is at. If that was her plan drop Hololive and just focus on her old Channel I really don't understand this plan.

Antis can also attack her RL channel just as much. I think it would be nice if at least 90% of her base knew and subbed to her RL channel too.

Vtuber fans don't cross over to RL channels often enough.
Listen, reviving her old channel isn't really her plan. She might do it, or make a new channel or she has plans to do something that isn't streaming or whatever. But that isn't even important here.

You have to look at it from her viewpoint:
- Coco wants to do Asacoco, but staff doesn't allow her and won't tell her the reason
- Coco enjoys collab but she doesn't want to burden the other Hololive members, also staff told her that it might not be a good idea to collab many times (various reasons)
- Coco suggested many things for formats she could do but most were turned down by the staff

Clearly, Coco had many limitations and from her latest stream it's pretty clear for me that's the main reason she graduates. I would have done the same if I was her. The only reason for me to stay at the company would be if I badly needed the money which clearly isn't the case for the most superchatted person on whole Youtube.

My personal hope is that she just goes indie rather than stop streaming altogether.

Antis can also attack her RL channel just as much.
They could, but will they? Didn't see any in her birthday stream and she has no membership only mode there.

Hopefully Cover does not blacklist that character I don't see any reason they should try to harm her. They should help her if anything.
Not sure what you mean with that but Coco already confirmed that all her videos will stay in the archive and Hololive members can still talk about "Coco" after she graduated.

Gura is a meme historian at heart
The game is best played by memers that's for sure.

In fact I'd love to see Nijisanji EN play this. They are even more memers than Gura. Even though they are also Zoomers that won't get the older references lol.

As much as I have always loved Coco, I will not give her credit for Hololive EN. She was not even allowed to collab with them at the time. I am sure in her mind whatever EN was going to be she wanted to play a central roll in their successs. But shit took a left on her.

EN was successful beyond anything they could imagine. EN boosted JP subs, it would have taken them ages to get to 1M. EN made Hololive step up their gsme. Everyone was getting new cuter designs they had the money to invest and make JP better and it worked. JP got even better the girls looked even cuter.

I think the Hype has settled down a bit. Not sure if EN gen 2 will be as huge but they really need to bring in the best if they want to try.

My take on Coco is the fact that she can't really sing. I don't think Hololive talents can go far without singing. It does not have to be your focus but not all your songs need to be a meme or cringe joking. I was worried for Ame and Ina. Ame more so because at first most of Ame's singing was on the Coco meme level. Ame has worked very hard to take songs more seriously and I think she will be fine now. You don't have to be the best singer but you have to show you put in some effort.

As much as I have always loved Coco, I will not give her credit for Hololive EN. She was not even allowed to collab with them at the time. I am sure in her mind whatever EN was going to be she wanted to play a central roll in their successs. But shit took a left on her.
You're missing the point here. It was Coco who literally went to Yagoo and suggested to make an English generation of Hololive. Yagoo didn't think it'll work but she convinced him to try it.
She isn't the reason why Hololive EN was successful, she's the reason why Hololive EN exists at all.

You're missing the point here. It was Coco who literally went to Yagoo and suggested to make an English generation of Hololive. Yagoo didn't think it'll work but she convinced him to try it.
She isn't the reason why Hololive EN was successful, she's the reason why Hololive EN exists at all.

Agreed. That is clear enough we are both on the same page on that.

I just don't look at Coco or Yagoo for the hype or success around EN. None of them could have predicted the storm that came with them.
The EN girls expected to slog it out and improve with time. Instead they were flooded with success.

This is the fanbase mostly. Not sure what drives it but come on man. Amelia just had her charity stream blown out before the stream even started.
whatever goals these girls try to react the fans push them over the top x10. That is not normal.

Her goal was $15,000 she ended up with $235,972.69 for an animal shelter non-profit. The 69 cents is all you have to look at, for chat it was all fun and games.

Ame wanted to match the goal and give $15k out her own pocket to her local shelters. She is still going to do that.

Ame's idea is an example of Coco's idea for EN and what should be expected a normal level of success.

Yeah $15k in 9 hours of doing a lot of work to push to the goal. Ame expected to work hard to push chat to donate.
I feel kinda bad for Ame, she had many things set up to reach $15K she wanted to make a difference. The fans made her goals seems silly and delivered record numbers before the stream was even started.

Chat just YOLO-Memed the process. That fanbase is not normal. I am not even talking about how Calli reached number 1 in Hip Hop on Apple Music charts.

Not a normal fanbase. Ina in Times Square could be normal if you buy a small billboard. They went for a large one next to a Taco Bell sign. Not a normal event.

This is the viewpoint I am looking at. Each of these girls have had weakness issues where it would normally mean a failed vtuber channel but the fans pushed them over and inspired the girls to become better.

If you are only viewing them from that was Coco's idea or Yagoo picked these girls, that is missing a huge event taking place.

Yeah $15k in 9 hours of doing a lot of work to push to the goal. Ame expected to work hard to push chat to donate.
I feel kinda bad for Ame, she had many things set up to reach $15K she wanted to make a difference. The fans made her goals seems silly and delivered record numbers before the stream was even started.

Chat just YOLO-Memed the process. That fanbase is not normal. I am not even talking about how Calli reached number 1 in Hip Hop on Apple Music charts.
The way you talk about these fans make them come off as unhinged psychopaths. Not sure if that was your intent, but you're probably not even wrong about that.

I'm a casual fan. I like the streams and the personalities, interactions between them etc. I just find a lot of the surrounding stuff about vtubers to be incredibly awkward and kind of sad. Like when I see them do these superchat readings, and it's just them saying "thank you" hundreds of time in what ends up being a 4 hour stream or something. A more specific example was when Ame tried to do her new costume reveal and had implemented this fun little game where people had to type "up" or "down" in chat, and trolls just did the opposite over and over. Incidents like that make me realize that the line between teasing and bullying for these girls is pretty thin. Like their popularity could just turn against them at any point. It's a balancing act that doesn't always go well. It's no suprise to me that people want to take a break or stop, even when they're hugely popular.

The way you talk about these fans make them come off as unhinged psychopaths. Not sure if that was your intent, but you're probably not even wrong about that.

I'm a casual fan. I like the streams and the personalities, interactions between them etc. I just find a lot of the surrounding stuff about vtubers to be incredibly awkward and kind of sad. Like when I see them do these superchat readings, and it's just them saying "thank you" hundreds of time in what ends up being a 4 hour stream or something. A more specific example was when Ame tried to do her new costume reveal and had implemented this fun little game where people had to type "up" or "down" in chat, and trolls just did the opposite over and over. Incidents like that make me realize that the line between teasing and bullying for these girls is pretty thin. Like their popularity could just turn against them at any point. It's a balancing act that doesn't always go well. It's no suprise to me that people want to take a break or stop, even when they're hugely popular.

That part of the fanbase is not normal or expected behavior. Not really going to label them Psychopaths but they tend to go to the extreme ends. And I am mostly saying this about the HoloMyth fanbase. JP bros have their own concerns even if some follow HoloMyth hardcore too.

I see the fanbase more like diehard fanboys you'll find in console video game wars. It is the culture of fans being online and moving as one at times.

I see it both as both a positive and negative. I hate to superchat reading moments that drag a 3 hour stream into a 6 hour strream. I feel it would be better if the girls had a chance to rest instead of reading mostly trolling comments in supers.

I was not sure if Ame really gave chat the control over that reveal stream or she faked the whole thing. I understand that tech exists on Twitch not sure how it works with Youtube but Ame has been messing around with that tech to get her fish tank and the other jars for the other girls. I was watching it live and. I was also voting opposite of what Ame wanted. Chat trolling the girls is not always a bad thing. It is just clumsy and has no finesse.

If I wanted to make Amelia happy about her charity stream efforts I would wait until the last hour and drop $15k on her goal. After she has exhausted herself for 8 hours and did everything she could to reach her goals. But nope they moved like a big clumsy mob with many of them having enough money to blow pass any goal set. Ame could have set her goal at $500K and they would have reached it. In that sense you cannot call these fans normal.

I think the EN girls know this by now about their fans. Ame had to have know if she gave chat control over the UP and Down button in her reveal it would have gone exactly like it did. So I am not sure if chat really had control or if Ame was acting. Ame is smart about these things.

What I am against is 6 hour superchat readings. Ame has moved hers to Sundays and jams with her music. Kiara uses her readings to chat and gossip.

People I don't want reading supers are Calli and Gura. They often mess up epic fun streams with an extra 3 hours so you will have to wait longer for the VOD if you missed half of the stream.

Ina does not read many supers and I hope she does not feel pressured to do so. I don't think they should spend any live streaming time on reading those.

I think Amelia spent weeks if not months planning on how she would get to her $15k goal for her charity stream. She had a lot planned. What she did not plan for was hitting $50K before she could start her stream. It ruined all her hard work. She blew pass her goals but if you look at it and think about it, it was not her charity they cared about.

I am not a casual fan, I am a member of more channels than I have time in the day to watch. But even I can see and understand the force of the fanbase when they act together is just not a normal event. It is not all negative but it does have a great potential for abuse.

Last edited:
I was not going to post clips from members only streams since most of the girls are putting out warnings against clipping members only

but when they delete or private those streams I feel you should be able to share those clips

Gura before taking her 3 day break. (working on something)

this is why Shark is my favorite

too bad she is painfully shy and gets nervous or tears up easy when she sings

Last edited:
TTRPG takamori

this game is hard to follow so much going on for just one character, can't imagine 4 or 5 having to navigate the story.

Ame knows her fans

Last edited:
Calli still GMing for Kiara hope the next collab with Ame is also TTRPG because I need more of the story now

edit I guess next will be Ina next week for TTRPG.

here is the Calli x Ame collab

Ame Pov

Calli Pov

going to sleep watch later

Last edited:
this guy always catches a lot of news.

Worried about Haachama and Gura.
I know more of Haachama's connection to Coco but Haachama has been tosssing the idea of leaving Hololive.

Gura I only know she is very sensitive to these things and she looks up to Coco. Might be one of the reasons she took 3 days off. I hope she really is working on something for her birthday and did not run away.

Worried about Haachama and Gura.
I know more of Haachama's connection to Coco but Haachama has been tosssing the idea of leaving Hololive.

Gura I only know she is very sensitive to these things and she looks up to Coco. Might be one of the reasons she took 3 days off. I hope she really is working on something for her birthday and did not run away.
I still don't fully know what Haachama thinks about Coco. Coco made it pretty clear that she likes Haachama a lot, but from Haachama I only know that she suffered quite a bit from Coco being better at English than her. (She said in a stream that she always felt cool and unique because she was the only HL member that could speak English this well and that when Coco joined she started doubt herself and thought doesn't have anything special. This is probably one of the main triggers she started to do more crazy stuff.)

Haachama also didn't comment on Coco's graduation at all. I mean even before that, she never commented on any "bad event" of any Hololive member. She doesn't even really explain her own hiatus(es) and thoughts much. So it's really hard to guess here if she really just doesn't care about others or just doesn't want to show it.

As for taking days off, keep in mind that all Hololive members knew about the graduation weeks before the announcement.

I still don't fully know what Haachama thinks about Coco. Coco made it pretty clear that she likes Haachama a lot, but from Haachama I only know that she suffered quite a bit from Coco being better at English than her. (She said in a stream that she always felt cool and unique because she was the only HL member that could speak English this well and that when Coco joined she started doubt herself and thought doesn't have anything special. This is probably one of the main triggers she started to do more crazy stuff.)

Haachama also didn't comment on Coco's graduation at all. I mean even before that, she never commented on any "bad event" of any Hololive member. She doesn't even really explain her own hiatus(es) and thoughts much. So it's really hard to guess here if she really just doesn't care about others or just doesn't want to show it.

As for taking days off, keep in mind that all Hololive members knew about the graduation weeks before the announcement.
Man that is bumming me out, I always said Haachama needs friends. You paint a bad light on that girl's friendship skills. And I did not think her English skill envy went beyond EN to Coco. It is such a stupid thing to worry about though, and the worst of lame triggers to become a spider eater. I'm starting to lose hope on Haachama.

You were right from all the reactions to Coco, Towa is the hardest one to watch, don't normally see her sad side.

Yes it seems everyone knew but could not talk about it. Gura did say her upcoming surprise was not a Reddit Meme Review with Coco and dropped some hints of this not being possible. At least it looks like Ame will do a Meme Review.

Gura is back at least on twitter she did not tweet but retweeted and liked a lot of Coco's post about staying positive.
Not sure when her next stream is.

Last edited:
Collab with Coco

anyone know why some in JP started wearing this wierd hat?

only noticed it a few days ago

still looking for streams I am missing some important EN collabs today

Last edited:
to be honest I don't know who she is but I have seen other Hololive talents collab with her

she at least shows up in some places

Last edited:
Man that is bumming me out, I always said Haachama needs friends.
Ah I don't think Haachama is the type that actively feels like she needs friends. It's not like between her streams she sits in the corner of her room and thinks "I'm so lonely". She just does her thing.

I can't judge whether friends would be useful. As said she behaves exactly like me in her age. And I can tell you I got through my whole life mostly without friends. And the older I get, the less important it seems to have any contact at all.

Gura is back at least on twitter she did not tweet but retweeted and liked a lot of Coco's post about staying positive.
Not sure when her next stream is.
By the way, do you really think Gura as a person that gets this emotional?
I don't think that's like her at all. Even if whole Hololive including all EN members graduated, she would just keep going and doing her thing. And if Hololive closed she would just continue streaming elsewhere and be just as successful. Have you ever seen Gura sad? I mean without just roleplaying it.

I think she's kinda like Fubuki and Suisei. They can stand on their own and don't really get emotional at all.

(I wouldn't bundle Haachama into this type, though. Haachama is very emotional about many things. But her emotions are mostly self-focused.)

to be honest I don't know who she is but I have seen other Hololive talents collab with her
Wait you don't know Tamaki? Man, you've been missing out.

Tamaki is a boy, but his voice actress is female. He collabs with pretty much every Vtuber that has a (hidden) pervert side and tries to find out all the dirty details by asking the right questions.

All Tamaki clips are absolutely amazing, totally worth watching.

Thanks to Tamaki we know pretty much all the fetishes of popular Vtubers lol.

Ah I don't think Haachama is the type that actively feels like she needs friends. It's not like between her streams she sits in the corner of her room and thinks "I'm so lonely". She just does her thing.

I can't judge whether friends would be useful. As said she behaves exactly like me in her age. And I can tell you I got through my whole life mostly without friends. And the older I get, the less important it seems to have any contact at all.

By the way, do you really think Gura as a person that gets this emotional?
I don't think that's like her at all. Even if whole Hololive including all EN members graduated, she would just keep going and doing her thing. And if Hololive closed she would just continue streaming elsewhere and be just as successful. Have you ever seen Gura sad? I mean without just roleplaying it.

I think she's kinda like Fubuki and Suisei. They can stand on their own and don't really get emotional at all.

(I wouldn't bundle Haachama into this type, though. Haachama is very emotional about many things. But her emotions are mostly self-focused.)

Wait you don't know Tamaki? Man, you've been missing out.

Tamaki is a boy, but his voice actress is female. He collabs with pretty much every Vtuber that has a (hidden) pervert side and tries to find out all the dirty details by asking the right questions.

All Tamaki clips are absolutely amazing, totally worth watching.

Thanks to Tamaki we know pretty much all the fetishes of popular Vtubers lol.

Thanks for the info about Tamaki. I guess I've heard of a vtuber like that. But when it is only Japanese it is harder for me to put the time in.

I can understand if Haachama does just fine without friends. I just think her work enviroment revolves around lots of relationship building. As long as her fans are supporting her I guess I should stop worrying about her.

You are not wrong about Gura, as far as she would keep going and working. Still there are reasons to worry about Gura.

Gura puts on a very strong face and she is only getting stronger. Gura is very dedicated and works very hard, when she gets sad she works harder. I don't feel like she is unaffected, she just works harder when something is bothering her.

I've seen Gura sad yeah. Mostly during members only streams. You will know Gura is working through some issues when she streams an aimless Minecraft. Fans who followed who she was before Hololive feel she is much happier now but they all know she came from a toxic place. I have opposite vibes about Gura, I don't think she needs friends although she does miss her family from time to time. Gura is often stronger solo. Even in her collabs she is much more reserved when she is in a collab unless her buttons are pushed.

Right now she might be more nervous about her Birthday plans than what Coco is doing.
I am sure she has been looking forward to her birthday merch. Hopefully she has an original song in the works, just my wish as a fan.

There are many songs Gura cannot sing without crying or breaking down, I would not say she is not emotional. I just feel as Gura in Hololive she is in a much better space and very successful. So I hope no matter what is sharking out around her she stays focused.

Tamaki also does talk rounds with four people at once:

I was wondering how He got so much access to Hololive and did some reading of the wiki page.

Creator and voice is a Mangaka, and she recently got married. Very different background that his mom is also the voice and is well known.
Interesting twist.

nice tidbits

Last edited:
I need my shark fix. She has been on Twitter but not posting about her next stream yet.

spoke too soon

Calli just played this game today

Up next for Ame. Kinda shocked by how many streams Ame puts out. Does she sleep?

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member

Nscurre:​

Here's roughly what she said:
"It's not that big of an announcement, but...
I should have also said it on Twitter but not everyone follows me there so I decided I'm gonna say it here.
I will be going on an indefinite hiatus. I'm sorry."

Nenechi 3D Concert

Haachama is on an indefinite break. She says she has reasons but can't tell them.

She also privated almost all her videos again, including the English one.

She still didn't say anything about or to Coco. But she posted on twitter that she will still participate in the graduation concert.

Top Bottom