• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

I was wondering about this recently

guesss it makes sense

I like this meme

she has been talking about her boobs being nerfed for a while now since her new look

Last edited:
Matsuri reached 1M days ago I guess

This stream is cute, Nene is so high energy

Gura is not cute when she is after blood

Gura just killed her chat with a Metal Gear meme reading during the end of this stream *superchat reading part.

Last edited:
Been a while since she's done an english stream.

nice to see her do more english streams but why is her feet always changing?

why did the Calli Gura collab get deleted? Calli got bonked for cursing again I guess

huh? what is this... Sure the quality was scuffed but really no one cares about that really I wish EN collabs would take more time to talk to each other instead of a deep focus on the games.

Ina in Minecraft also having OBS issues

Last edited:
After reading some of the replies to the Calli tweet. I feel maybe Calli might need to chill with the drinking. Because making a stream private because a few people did not like the quality is not very Calli like. She was never strong at games in the first place. Plus Gura did not seem to mind all the things that went wrong. They both know things always seem to go wrong. Never seen Calli cave to stress like this, so there must be a lot more going wrong than just one stream. Sure she said some collabs got pushed back, but hope she feels better soon.

LOL AME is in chat pissed because we reached the goal before she had a chance to show off her goals graphics

She moved to Goal from 25K to 50K

lol stream starting and 5k away from 50K ;p

she raised to 100K for a song performance and that will be reached soon

Last edited:
Momonya will attempt an English ASMR:

Watched her Duolingo streams, she actually has a really good vocabulary. She basically skip whole sections on Duolingo and it seemed she knows around 90% of all the English words already. But she never actually spoke much English during her streams. I suggested to her before that she should also speak English, guess she took up the suggestion now.

the foot on the table thing is kinda getting old

I love Uto but maybe her fans get her to do these late to the party things

looks like she'll get cat ears soon too
500K is impressive for a solo vtuber though

Ina Bayonetta

that was a great stream, I foget how crazy that game was. Been a long time since I played them. Ina will play Bayonetta 2 soon.

Gura has a members only singing stream in 55 minutes

edit: that shark is adorable when she sings even the meme songs are cute

Last edited:
Wow Ina x Pikamee can't wait for that

does Hololive do reseach that shows you can get pass Youtube bans if you wear a jacket near your boobs but not over them?

this video made me wonder because many of the customes are this style. Most of the vtubers refuse to remove the jacket even if it can be removed. I don't think Calli has ever removed her jacket for example.

Is there a special style in Japan where girls wear jackets hanging down theur elbows?

Last edited:
does Hololive do reseach that shows you can get pass Youtube bans if you wear a jacket near your boobs but not over them?
Youtube algorithm only tries to detect boobs without clothes on as far as I know. Moona wouldn't be banned even without jacket because her boobs are 100% covered. Mel's costume on the other hand has like 50% of her boob showing, that's why she keeps getting banned for it. If it was known that wearing a jacket near the boobs would help they'd have updated Mel's 2D a long time ago.

Is there a special style in Japan where girls wear jackets hanging down theur elbows?
I've definitely seen that before.

This is just me guessing, but it could originate from how women used to undress in Japan in the old times. They didn't pull the clothes over their head but instead first got it off their shoulders and then let it drop to the ground. So jacket halfway over the shoulder is kinda like "undressing in progress".

Cover press release

After reading that it does not sound like the company had any choice in it. She wanted out.

Last edited:
Sucks that Kiryu Coco leaves. Mainly because that means no more Reddit Meme Review.
Also the antis will celebrate. Once again, it was proven that you can just harass someone for months and then you get your way without any legal consequences. This is the world we live in now.

From Coco's perspective I can kind of understand it. On one hand Coco really loved Vtubing because before that she was always harassed because of her weird voice (she totally sounds like that in real life too) and once she started Vtubing suddenly her voice was a positive aspect (this is actually really strange if I watch real life footage of Coco it really feels like the voice seems way of her looks, but with her 2D vtuber avatar it felt natural).

On the other hand, apart from the Taiwan harassment, Coco was also denied many of the things she wanted to do. Fans kept asking her to do Asacoco News again for example but Coco said management doesn't allow her (and she isn't told the reason for it).

I wonder if Coco will actually continue streaming outside of Hololive. Her identity is probably the least kept secret in all Hololive. Tons of real life footage of her and she constantly said on stream to which exact stores she goes and so on. So whether she streams or not, people could find out her identity anyway if they wanted to. So there's probably no motivation to stay unknown. And then she could even do something like Asacoco from outside Hololive lol.
But of course if she continues the antis will probably continue to harass her and she probably doesn't want that anymore, so I guess she will stop streaming altogether after all.

For me it mainly sucks because Meme Review will be no more. This was the best format on whole Hololive and the only format I was guaranteed to watch. Without that I might end up not watching Hololive for long time spans (until a game that is interesting for me to watch is played again). I didn't do much Vtubing lately anyway and Coco leaving will definitely make me do it even less.

from chat translation seems like Kanata will continue to live with Coco but won't be able to speak about Coco after she leaves to company
Too bad I can't find it anymore, but there was this collab (including people outside of Hololive) where there was the question "What will make you graduate". And the majority said that they'd probably graduate if the others of their gen graduated, but Kanata said she would actually feel motivated to work even harder then.

Fubuki playing an english game.
On a positive note, this Henry Stickmin collection is incredibly fun to watch. Gura played it too, but she switches the scenes to often that it's hard to keep track. But I will probably first watch Gura to understand all the scenes and then watch the JP members play them. Pekora played it too. More may come.

Last edited:

Labolas

I think it sucks for me because there was still a lot of potential and growth for Coco. She's the one that keep pressing Cover to have an English branch and possibly be the reason why HoloEN blew like it did. Sucks man, the bugmen actually got their wish.

She's the one that keep pressing Cover to have an English branch and possibly be the reason why HoloEN blew like it did.
Without her there wouldn't even be an EN branch. There probably wouldn't even be a Nijisanji EN branch because that only was motivated by the success of the Hololive EN branch.
Yagoo and many other Japanese would still think "There's no way that the concept of idols would work outside of Japan" and he'd still call it an idol company.

Last edited:
Top Bottom