• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

With every new idol there's the risk of oversaturation. There's no way normal people can actively watch all these virtual idols. There's dozens of hours of streams every week. I imagine there's a lot of people like yourself who have their hands full with Hololive and don't venture beyond that much.
I believe you are correct, I just did not expect the first day sub counts to stay at 48k and 42K for debut streams. Nijisanji should be doing well because they pretty much rival Hololive. I heard people takling about them as better than Hololive as far as gaming freedoms and such.

Maybe between all the English vtubers who are indie and Vshojo, there are just too many to pick from like you said.

I understand why Nabi Mama is performing better, even with her limited english she has 5 daughters 2 of whom are very popular that told their chats to be nice to their mama.
I did not even know these new girls were coming until Rya's post.

Last edited:
Those Nijisanji EN debuts are decent but even Nabi Mama had a better performance when it comes to hype levels and first day subs.
Nijisanji is not really a group I follow much so I might be a bit bias but I worry that Holo EN gen 2 might perform poorly and that EN Gen 1 was a fluke of very special times.
In that way subs don't really matter much to me, though.

With every new debut there's a chance there is a Vtuber I can connect to. So each debut is at least interesting to me regardless of whether they are successful or not. (I actually follow some Vtubers that only got 20-50 live viewers too.)
Even though you use numbers as indication on how talented someone is, it does not necessarily mean that those are the Vtubers you personally will like the most.

So when I see a debut, I'm just going in with "Let's see how she is like" instead of "I hope this doesn't oversaturate the market".

I actually found a cool trick to find unpopular Vtubers now, just search on youtube for some topic that really interests you (or just search for "Vtuber") and then filter for "Show only live". This way you even find Vtubers with one-digit viewers. Not quite sure what to think about them yet. On one hand it's pretty cool that you can have full dialogues with them as they will literally have the time to read ALL chat messages, at the same time I start wondering why I don't just get a friend or two instead. (Ironically it's easier to find a Vtuber that matches your personality than finding a friend with the same stats.)

So far Nijisanji EN members are pretty normal.

Finana has some really great taste.
Elira feels like the leader type who is the most organized.
Pomu feels like Bubbles from Powerpuff Girls. ("Call me PomuPuff", "PP stands for Pummelpower")

Will need to wait for more content to see how they establish themselves. If Finana goes for actually playing some of the Horror RPGs she listed, I'd definitely watch.

Last edited:
Ina was trending on twitter because she was sleeping

Kiara pulled a wolf girl Fubuki and started a stream. She was late 2 hours?

the Minecraft stream

Last edited:
Found the FalseEyeD channel, he makes daily Vtubers news. Found it pretty good, he covers even smaller groups, so it's easy to keep track what happened overall if you don't have enough time:

He has one of the best info channels and news recaps out there. I learn about new vtubers every video he posts
It is like headline news for the vtuber world

the best part is all the little twitter banter you would have missed because you can't follow them all to see every little conversation between groups

Last edited:

Anton668

QPras7I.png

Really? I mean theirs a few shots of Bayo that are silhouetted with no clothes, but thats pretty much it. Didn't think the game had anything worth censoring tbh.
I remember Miss Click freaking out while streaming Bayo 2 her efforts to blur the cutscenes made me stop watching but that was Bayo 2

I don’t think any of these games deserve a panic

He has one of the best info channels and news recaps out there. I learn about new vtubers every video he posts
It is like headline news for the vtuber world

the best part is all the little twitter banter you would have missed because you can't follow them all to see every little conversation between groups
Yeah he is really really good at it. I'm impressed. He throws out news without any pauses, no unnecessary lines nobody is interested in, no biased judgment, really good.

I wish my coworkers could transfer information this efficiently.

Noel had to cancel her English learning stream today due to youtube problems.

Pekora played the third of the "Too much RPG" series, this time the hero is too much of an asshole:

I mostly watched Elira play "There Is No Game" today. Enjoyed it a bit more than Amelia playing it:

Charlotte Suzu did her fourth talk stream, want to watch that too.

Fubuki did a collab with one of the Holostars guys that's said to be pretty fun, but didn't watch it.

Other than that, mostly tried out various ASMR Vtubers to see who I enjoy the most. Patra's 99.9% sleep guarantee streams are still my favorites so far.

Last edited:
Warning, extremely sad and real:

Wonder if her throat problems are from her Vtuber voice. Suisei had that issue too, that's why she permanently switched to a deeper voice, which is more comfortable for her to speak in.

I must say that even though this is so sad, I'm really happy that Aqua opened up about this. She is the type that usually doesn't talk about her problems with others (I also partially blame Japanese culture on this). This is just my personal opinion, but I really don't think this kind of "must stay strong and able to handle everything yourself otherwise you're a failure" kind of mentality is healthy and opening up and looking for support is actually the way to go. Not to mention that if you're honest, people will also understand you better. Those people that send hate messages just because you didn't stream for a bit or had to cancel a scheduled stream aren't really the ones you should try to please in the first place. And everybody else will support you, even if you admit weakness (or especially then).

Luna is also taking a break because of too much stuff going on in her life (she said work, her mother and other things).

Last edited:
and now weirdos are butthurt because of it
Well, she does say a lot of things I don't agree with either. She phrases things in a way that makes it look negative. She's basically asking for trouble.

You could say they are forced to roleplay. But you could also say the company protects their identities and thus puts in their contract that they are not allowed to talk about anything that could make people identify their real persons.
You can complain about calling it "Graduate", but that's just the normal term used in Japan for Idols quitting. If anything, just don't translate it with "Graduate" if you think that in English you would rather say "Quit".
It's also not true that they don't have any say in their looks. Many of the outfits were strongly influenced by the Hololive members. Several of the members explained what input they gave. (Also, it's not like smaller idol agencies are better in that regard. Charlotte Suzu said she had no input in her looks for example.)
Also, still don't get what's so bad about not keeping the model when you quit. In what company do you get to keep your work tools after you quit? Want to own your outfit yourself? Go indie. But then you don't earn $3000 a month? Well yeah, that's a choice you have to make.

Also why is it always just the people who are not in Hololive that try to "reveal" that Hololive is bad? While the actual members always say that the company is pretty good and how much freedom they have and how nice the managers are?

Ina is having a very difficult time on her birthday stream

Oof thank you Kiara for calling in and giving her something to focus on that poor girl was losing it

7:30 am in Japan Calli called, this is good because Ina was not expecting any calls due to the odd hour

Ame and Gura called.

now I need some JP and ID calls

Never heard Ina sing this well... wtf?
very unexpected most of the time I just give her a pass like Ame or Coco but for her level she killed that first song very moving

Last edited:
Warning, extremely sad and real:

Wonder if her throat problems are from her Vtuber voice. Suisei had that issue too, that's why she permanently switched to a deeper voice, which is more comfortable for her to speak in.

I must say that even though this is so sad, I'm really happy that Aqua opened up about this. She is the type that usually doesn't talk about her problems with others (I also partially blame Japanese culture on this). This is just my personal opinion, but I really don't think this kind of "must stay strong and able to handle everything yourself otherwise you're a failure" kind of mentality is healthy and opening up and looking for support is actually the way to go. Not to mention that if you're honest, people will also understand you better. Those people that send hate messages just because you didn't stream for a bit or had to cancel a scheduled stream aren't really the ones you should try to please in the first place. And everybody else will support you, even if you admit weakness (or especially then).

Luna is also taking a break because of too much stuff going on in her life (she said work, her mother and other things).

I was thinking she does not sound bad then I had to check her channel to be reminded how far she stresses her voice.

Kiara has been telling them to take more breaks. I don't even like the fact she needs an apology video just go rest and don't worry.
Her fans are very loyal.

I don't expect her to change much like Subaru did she will be back screaming in no time. Aqua is one of the members that should be the most confident in her standing in Hololive but no matter how much love they get these girls always feel they are not doing enough.

Veibae said this about Hololive

and now weirdos are butthurt because of it 🤷‍♂️

lol I have said the same things here in this thread and later changed my mind on the benefits of Hololive vs being indie. I was wrong thinking about Aloe's narrative and not really seeing how it really works. Still just a fan can say this shit but a vtuber lol.

How do you let your mought run into that wall? She is not even indie. Even an indie vtuber saying it is a bad move. This is dumb for her to do. I can say that shit but she really can't afford the backlash that could come with that. The fact that this got clipped and being translated means she is fucking herself. For what a little clout? Even if it was a true statement she is only messing up her lane.

I just posted a video saying Kiara got permission to collab with Vshojo. Why would a Vshojo member even think this was a good idea. Yeah the video said this was deleted and she said sorry. But dayum that is a stupid move.

She is very new to Vshojo as well? Or is this someone else or was this before she joined?

If you just want to be yourself and not roleplay why hide behind a vtuber model? Most of the Hololive talent change their lore on the fly and Hololive can't do shit about it once the fans create a meme about the new direction. Breaking the 4th wall is done all the time.

Gura may not own her character, but she seems much more happy being in Hololive than she was before. Gura's cat ears don't animate well and the fans complain and Hololive promises a fix. It is not that graduations are taken lightly, you fire the person behind the character you lose it completely so it is not a WIN for cover to lose Ame, Calli, Ina, or Gura. Or any JP or ID. Losing China was difficult it made a mess of things for a while.

Mano Aloe was a huge mess but if she did not get exposed for talking shit about the agencies she would have landed on her feet much easier. Now it is only the hardcore simps that try to track her no name channel. I can't say firing Gura would create the same results. Hololive would burn to the ground. But people are no longer as butthurt about Aloe as they were before. I think Aloe could have returned if she did not have a video leak of her telling stories about the company.

Oh, OH you were replying to me... now I understand why Kiara was saying some of her fans did not want her to collab with vShojo but she is going to do it anyway it must have been about this shit. SMH

She even talks about Veibae, It is too easy to get Kiara on your side with a simple flattery. But yeah I think the fans are doing a bit more than gatekeeping there Kiara.

there are far more deserving Vshojp members

Last edited:
Okay I understand a little more with context that the statement from veibae was old, when EN first started. She was not a member of vshojo at the time she burried and banned any clips of this.

and this was Kiara at 700k subs asking for a collab back in January

yeah Kiara has been very consistent about her feelings on Veibae

review of the day.

Ina Original Song Teaser (She can sing when she prepares and tries hard, so I am not doubting her here)

I don't think the math thing is a joke with her

or she is very good at setting up these jokes for the clips, big brain

day review

damn almost missed the Gura members only singing thing

Gura sings Skyfall? this is weird but can't wait for the clip
Electric love
this girl is just flexing her singing skills

Last edited:
^ new favorite? You dumped Haachama?

How did I miss Coco x Calli collab?

I am looking closely at all small vtubers who retire in the next month or so, I want to know who is moving to EN gen 2

One thing that could have taken me away from a Gura stream

Ame is also streaming still Doom

You got to love this chick she deserves her success

this is the level of roleplay Veibae knows nothing about

Last edited:
Top Bottom