• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

I might have missed the really god ones, but I don't even know why Choco is so famous for ASMR.

For sleep there are several Vtubers that are better at making you fall asleep and for sexual relieve you might as well watch AVtubers who go even one step further.

In my opinion Haachama is really good thanks to her conceited personality that makes her always stream with voice feedback (she listens to herself, not many Vtubers do that because it's confusing for them), so she always knows what's good and what's not (not to mention that she listens to her own ASMR later). Lamy's voice is incredible soothing even though she isn't the best at it. Noel is pretty good when she does a serious one, but those are always like 3 months apart. Mel is pretty good at it too but most of her ASMR are member only (I think, I don't have membership to check). But outside Hololive you will still find a lot of better ones. Macoto and Patra are probably the top 2. I guess Macoto isn't really a Vtuber as she often shows her real self too, she's more a professional ASMR master. Patra is just really good at it and she feels so much more natural. I also really like Utako's ASMR, since she really is into little boys she can really bring that "You're a little boy pampered by your mother" feeling extremely well (I didn't even know I liked that before I tried). As for AVtubers, nobody can beat Nano, I guess. Though she has a very dominant personality, which isn't really my preferred type (though it's really hard to be M and do good ASMR as this is a one-directional communication). But honestly she's just a really good Vtuber in general.

Thought nobody here is interested in ASMR except me, though.
I am not really into it, I just find it interesting that it has gotten so popular that most vtubers are forced to buy the stuff and try it out. I would never think Calli would do ASMR, or Gura for that matter but thry try and put their own little spin into it.

As far as Choco, I think a few of those JP vtubers started life as ASMR streamers with youtube channels focused only on that. Their fanbase might have followed them to Hololive.

I find ASMR uncomfortable, the good ones give me goosebumps but that shivering down your spine feeling is not really my type of thing. I mostly find it intereting that these girls know what the end results should be, (trying to turn you on) in most cases but can't go that one more step. The harder they try the more I cringe.

I think Gura making up a horror story of a Shark eating your ears was a nice touch, she also sang or hummed a few songs. Which was a pretty relaxing effect.
I think Ame has a soft voice for it too. But these EN girls are just who I watch the most and are just ASMR newbies and hardly top experts you are listinging too. I just think I remember Choco and some of the JP girls came from that background.

I am not really into it, I just find it interesting that it has gotten so popular that most vtubers are forced to buy the stuff and try it out.
ASMR was already popular even before Vtubers were a thing, but I didn't like it back then.

The combination of idol and ASMR basically makes sense, if you see a listener / idol relationship as a new type of partnership. I mean it's basically a harem, but you have so many partners that you couldn't have sex with everyone even if you tried and if you only had sex with some, others would be jealous. (Good) ASMR can make you feel like your girlfriend is right next to you and it can be delivered to everyone. So it just fits perfectly.

The harder they try the more I cringe.
I only have this problem with English ASMR. But that's because it feels pretty fake to me. I don't really have this issue with my favorite ASMR girls, because I feel "true care" instead of cringe from them.

(I mean there's plenty of Japanese ASMR that makes me feel cringe too, like collab ASMR.)

Last edited:
I went to one of those face reveal youtube channels they have stepped up their game by a lot, now they have dates of birth for most of the girls. Kinda feel really old after seeing that. Haachama bing born November 2001 kinda smacks you on the head how your they all are.

These two love birds are going to play this card game after having a stream last week putting together their deck.

lots of card games seem to be in the future

ASMR was already popular even before Vtubers were a thing, but I didn't like it back then.

The combination of idol and ASMR basically makes sense, if you see a listener / idol relationship as a new type of partnership. I mean it's basically a harem, but you have so many partners that you couldn't have sex with everyone even if you tried and if you only had sex with some, others would be jealous. (Good) ASMR can make you feel like your girlfriend is right next to you and it can be delivered to everyone. So it just fits perfectly.

I only have this problem with English ASMR. But that's because it feels pretty fake to me. I don't really have this issue with my favorite ASMR girls, because I feel "true care" instead of cringe from them.

(I mean there's plenty of Japanese ASMR that makes me feel cringe too, like collab ASMR.)

I know ASMR was a viral thing alone for years, at first it was not all sexualized like it is now. It was more about getting to relax and sleep. I still did cringe.
I am very sensitive to sound so I just don't like the feel, Or I don't wanna like the feel.

Most of the Hololive idols that did ASMR had youtube channels that focus on that alone. One did not show her face but she wore low cut tops that showed off nice globes of flesh so I understood why someone would want to listen.

My Japanese is not at all good enough for me to cringe at them. I can only cringe at English.
I am not one of those people who hate English VA for my anime or games. I kinda want to understand to story no matter how poorly the Voice Actor is messing up.

Hololive EN, Calli, Ame, and Gura are the only ones I remember that explored ASMR.
Ame can be very cute and seductive alone without the ASMR rig. Calli gets weird with it, Dad can pop up at anytime.
Gura is just having fun teasing.

Gura also does not need ASMR to get people to stay on a chat only stream. She did a bathtub and pizza stream the other day and I was afraid that girl was going to fry herself trying to please chat.

I would like to see EN stay away from ASMR but they have fans that love that shit hardcore.

If I understood Japanese I would listen to more of the JP side. The shit they talk about just in a collab is deep enough to think they are all gay for each other.

Most of the Hololive idols that did ASMR had youtube channels that focus on that alone. One did not show her face but she wore low cut tops that showed off nice globes of flesh so I understood why someone would want to listen.
Actually not seeing the person is really important to me and the main reason why I didn't like ASMR before Vtubers.
Like seeing a person cuddling and whispering into an ASMR mic is completely destroying the illusion. When I listen to ASMR I always do it while lying in bed in a completely dark room.

My phantasy is quite strong, so pretty much anything for me is more intense in my imagination than in real life (this even includes sex).

My Japanese is not at all good enough for me to cringe at them. I can only cringe at English.
I'm not even sure if that's the main reason Japanese doesn't make me cringe. Maybe it's more a cultural difference. For all the English ASMR I tried it just felt too fake, whereas with many of the Japanese girls it feels like they are really honestly wanting to please you and not just act like it.

I am not one of those people who hate English VA for my anime or games. I kinda want to understand to story no matter how poorly the Voice Actor is messing up.
I prefer dub too, but German dubs are also really good these days. English dubs can be quite a bit cringe sometimes (it feels like some English VAs for anime are not actual anime fans).

As said I don't think the language itself is the issue, it's more how authentic it feels.

Well sexualized is a strong word, Hololive teases sex but they really try not to go there. Fubuki is super Seiso.

Haachama got her own Walfie design, so jealous of that artist but love these designs

hope she went all out and got a full functional outfit like EN

Last edited:
This seems like an impossible Collab to have taken place

Kizuna AI and Nyanners?
First I was expecting the tech they use to be totally different, I think the Nyanners model was rushed for this.
Nyanners Idol dancing? Is that really her dancing? I was thinking Nyanners as a very popular meme queen but not into idol dancing level.
I'm impressed she crossed over totally

Only found out about this collab because of Kiara shoutout

also like this clip titled SELL OUTS seems like a lot of the media industry have their own Promo vtuber like a new Netflix Vtuber to promote anime on Netflix

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Netflix Vtuber

What a time to be alive
the simpsons GIF

Netflix Vtuber

What a time to be alive
the simpsons GIF
Netflix s replied to Pekora on twitter recently too now they have a vtuber that can collab with her when she watches anime

it would be eaasy to set up an sponsored watch along stream she already speaks Japanese and English

I fear Hololive might lose talent to bigger mainstream companies hiring talent away, but I think you would have to pay them big bucks.

Last edited:
I have no idea what this draft is for but sounds interesting

somehow Ina came up as Marine's pick in the draft

Nene and Ina kinda flirted hard since first collab so she has a right to Ina.

Last edited:

Labolas

Netflix s replied to Pekora on twitter recently too now they have a vtuber that can collab with her when she watches anime

it would be eaasy to set up an sponsored watch along stream she already speaks Japanese and English

I fear Hololive might lose talent to bigger mainstream companies hiring talent away, but I think you would have to pay them big bucks.

Nah, I don't think Hololive isn't going to lose any major talent like that. Some of their talents are some of the biggest money makers on youtube. I can't imagine something like Netflix even scratching what Hololive as a whole makes. A lot of the girls are in a way better situation now than they were before Hololive. They would have to essentially start from scratch if they go somewhere else. Hell, something like Vshoujo doesn't even touch Hololive in terms of revenue and views.

Also congrats to Miko on hitting 1 Million subs. She will always and forever be Elite.

And:

drake lets go GIF

New outfits for EN is just major hype for me. Kiara is talking about it now

Looking at Gura post so one outfit per day next week I'm guessing that would be the same way they do it for JP Gens

hope Gura went for her shool girl outfit since it seems she has her cat-shark ears that she insisted on having.

Last edited:
I was watching Towa for the first time yesterday and was surprised what a strange voice she has. In my imagination she always had a Kanata voice because all the memes call her angel lol.

I watched her Undertale LP, can recommend, especially the last part.
being a devil just did not fit her personality at all so her fans called her angel
she is super underrated

Ina is getting really good at streaming

Shark is late again

more from that seating draft

pixalated gura again, youtube keeps messing with her thumbnails

Last edited:
I'm about to cook something to eat and checked out what Haachama is up to at least I don't know what that green stuff is and still I am concerned
are those hot peppers? she dead

Nene Chi super cute

I was wondering who would play New Pokemon Snap first

Last edited:

Anton668

Wow, this stream has it all lol
Mousy singing opera
Her face glitching out from crying
Mouse and Conner "hating" on each other

Its also funny how Conner went from "What the fuck are these vee-tubers?!?! I dont get it!" . To regularly collabing with Mouse and Syd er.... Hime ;) and playing Apex with Ollie and such.

Anton668

Heres a good video for poeple who "dont get it"

Drunk Jackbox with the Vshojo girls is always a good time!

one of the worst kept secrets in the vtuber world lol

Last edited:
Heres a good video for poeple who "dont get it"

Drunk Jackbox with the Vshojo girls is always a good time!

one of the worst kept secrets in the vtuber world lol

that dragon wings chick is so weird looking. Boobs with wings. These are the vtubers that kinda ruins the whole thing, for the side of the rabbit hole that takes it seriously. It is not a bad thing to have those types out there but people who "Don't Get It" often use those vtubers as examples.

this video is also pretty good intro

Last edited:

Anton668

Confession:

When I drive alone, I secretly play Haachama's Big Red Heart single in my car.
well yeah, its a banger! :)

that dragon wings chick is so weird looking. Boobs with wings. These are the vtubers that kinda ruins the whole thing, for the side of the rabbit hole that takes it seriously. It is not a bad thing to have those types out there but people who "Don't Get It" often use those vtubers as examples.
first off... how does "it ruin the whole thing"?
second, take it seriously? I take Projekt Melody just as seriously as I do Gura. And im positive the streamers do as well! And quite a number of the vshojo/hololive girls have said they would have no problem collabing with each other but we all know that will never happen thanks to hololive management.
and of that video, I was referring to the part in it where Mouse and them explain the benefits of being a vtuber over a regular streamer. And to the people who simply judge the girls based on their looks alone at not any of the massive talent they have... well... fuck 'em. Just like alot of the drive-by troll posts in this very thread. at the end of the day, they really dont give a fuck what answers anyone would come up with, they just wanna be trollish fucks anyways.

And speaking of Mel....

And for some pure wholesomeness, this is the stream where Silvervale celebrated her moms bday and gave her mom all the money she raised during the stream!

Anton668

Didn't know she was Hime, I thought her voice sounded familiar, guess I know why now.

yeah, as I said, the worst kept secret. Its not like shes hiding it or anything. She doesnt care, but also shes not screaming it from the rooftops lol

while im here...
Silvervale playing Labyrinthine with her mom and brother is hella funny.
plus hearing how her brother would pick on her when younger explains some things lol

Top Bottom