• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita cartridge production winding down? (Limited Run puts 10+ Vita games on hold)

Aside from how you may feel about limited physical release companies like Limited Run, the real news story here is that it seems cartridge production for Vita is running dry as the system leaves the market. Keep an eye out, physical collectors, if you're still interested in Vita stuff. This stage precedes an increase in aftermarket prices for copies of games, in my experience.

And it's kinda sad to see yet another nail in the Vita coffin. Slick piece of hardware, but a disappointment compared to the PSP when it comes to software.

61vuGUVp46L._SX522_.jpg

Anyone still play their Vita? I boot mine up everyone once in a while to play a round of Crypt of the Necrodancer or Nuclear Throne or some Spelunky.

Source at Siliconera

GamesAreFun

Banned
Sad to see the Vita winding down. Still, glad Sony aren't wasting remaining cartridges on Limited Run Games, their business model is horrible.

lynux3

It truly sucks. I wish Sony would have went with a non-proprietary cartridge, but I understand why they didn't.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Good news in a way but I hope they have more quality games in their line up than a few stinkers that didn't really need a physical copy. :/

theHFIC

I just want my Night Trap Vita physical release in my hands. They can cancel every other game after that.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I still want a 32 gig capacity memory card, even the 16 gig ones are too expensive at £50 I've been seeing.

Top Bottom