• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

Not to mention that the lag makes the sidestep timing hard. Luckily kage can enter shippujin stance and reverse the punch so I don't have to worry about it.

Good stuff from Shidosha and ShinobiFist! I'm kind of shocked at AfroCole placing in Top 16, though; I thought he didn't play anymore, to be honest. Still, that was a hell of a tourney.

alstein

My dreams of winning that esports money were crushed by GentlemanThief when I was one match away.

Did credible, and don't think I did bad this weekend- most of NC's locals don't get to play each other much, but I think we're pretty decent as a bunch. Playing each other did push our level up.

Practicing a high-sodium diet.

My dreams of winning that esports money were crushed by GentlemanThief when I was one match away.

Did credible, and don't think I did bad this weekend- most of NC's locals don't get to play each other much, but I think we're pretty decent as a bunch. Playing each other did push our level up.

Practicing a high-sodium diet.
The comp was at Summer Jam.

AAK

Seriously.... fighting Pai, Leon, (and sometimes Shun) is NOT FUN. I read your stupid lows and circulars and I blocked and I DID the punish! But your stupid stance + hitboxes are so damn small that I end up whiffing. You continue to abuse it and then I die and get demoted... FUCK. Only happens with those stupid troll characters, I can punish Eileen/LeiFei/etc. all when I can.

Seriously.... fighting Pai, Shun, and Leon is NOT FUN. I read your stupid lows and circulars and I blocked and I DID the punish! But your stupid stance + hitboxes are so damn small that I end up whiffing. You continue to abuse it and then I die and get demoted... FUCK.

At least you can block the lows... fucking online.

LakeEarth

I hate characters who seem to defy hitboxes.

Man, watching high-level play of this game is incredible. I wish I could have that kind of movement.

AAK

At least you can block the lows... fucking online.

That's because 70% of the time it's what those players go for. Especially after tech rolls. ESPECIALLY fucking Leon. A character that gets almost 60 damage of of lows and basically mixes you up with the pounce or tech catch so easily.

Seriously considering switching to Jacky and just flip kicking whenever I am supposed to punish a blocked low.

LakeEarth

Haha, I just beat a blackbeltspartan, a super high ranked dropper. Can't even remember the rank, but it was all rainbow coloured. LOL laughed hard at that drop.

A lionheart rank.

Shouta

BlackBeltSpartan is pretty famous for dropping all the time. He's relatively easy to beat too if you aren't in auto-mode and mashing.

alstein

One of the best. You want to be know as the best, you fight the best, period. A lot of us competed for pennies back then. Don't give a fuck about cash.

His result at EVO also means a good deal. I think he's a pretty clear #1 in the US right now.

I'd bet on him vs the field (provided no Japanese top players) at another major.

Shidosha

Means "Shirt on Head" in Japanese
His result at EVO also means a good deal. I think he's a pretty clear #1 in the US right now.

I'd bet on him vs the field (provided no Japanese top players) at another major.

evo came & went - times changed, ppl lvl up

but NEC will be the proving ground for all of us

AAK

I'm definitely going to support this game. I want to get DOA5 but there is absolutely no way I'll be able to tackle VF5 + TTT2 + SFxT + Skullgirls all simultaneously with work + school. I might have to jump on it later on when I drop one of the games above.

alstein

I'm definitely going to support this game. I want to get DOA5 but there is absolutely no way I'll be able to tackle VF5 + TTT2 + SFxT + Skullgirls all simultaneously with work + school. I might have to jump on it later on when I drop one of the games above.

I'm getting Tekken and DOA, but I'm going to end up dropping at least one of those games fast and keeping on VF, probably Tekken.

Persona's getting dropped for certain, though if I do a weird bet match at NEC, I may have to keep playing it for a bit.

DRE Fei

I know out here the Tekken guys like Aris and Rip and a few other people play with us every week at WNF, so we've had a pretty steady group. When TTT2 comes out I'll be playing as well since it will be featured on the same night.

Afterwards, who knows what will happen? I just want this game to stay alive until VF6.

MightyKAC

Okay I broke down and made a room and will shoot out invites willy nilly. Last time I tried this it was lag city but that was 2 updates ago so who knows.

Here goes nothing......

Edit: ^ oops looks like I spoke too soon. Mind shooting me an invite... PSN:MightKAC

LakeEarth

Ranked down twice tonight. Why can I beat people higher ranked then me, but when it comes to equal rank (which gives/takes the most rank), I just get destroyed?

@Cloudius Ahh Hawaii no wonder i was dropping punches and move starters
@Shidosha I'm clueless against taka, don't know how to punish or combo him for crap.

LakeEarth

Some guy on the mic won't shut up about down punch being a desperation move. "Down punch is for pussies" he says. Nevermind that it's Jeff's fastest normal.

Played him again, he's like "you're just proving my point!" What point?! It's 0-3 for you buddy.

EDIT - and back to Defender in like 5 matches.

Top Bottom