• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Viewing a DVD from a notebook to a TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett

Well, I have a toshiba notebook with a DVD drive. So I bought some cables to plug the S-VHS output to the TV's RCA input. Everything works just fine but when I play any movie on my computer I can't see anything on the TV, just a black screen.

Can anyone help me solving this small issue? Maybe this is Direct X related, my notebook has a GeForce FX 5100.

Thanks dudes.

You might have to restart to get the PC to recognize the fact that Video Out is in use. Also, search around in the display properties in case you need to enable it.

bobafett

metsallica said:
You might have to restart to get the PC to recognize the fact that Video Out is in use. Also, search around in the display properties in case you need to enable it.

Well, I can see Windows and stuff on the TV but I can't see videos. Even the GUI of the Media Player appears to be ok...

Scoobert

Since you figured out your problem, do you have audio cables for your laptop? I hated using headphones, they would just kill my ears afterwhile. After I hooked up the line-out to my tv I was in heaven. Definitely get audio cables, you won't regret it.

I know I didn't mention the laptop speakers, but c'mon do they really need to be explained? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom