• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VgTech's Gears 5 Analysis XBONEX vs XBONES

Gamernyc78

Banned
King Thrash apologizes to DF ( :lollipop_Mr_Smith: ). Never knew things got so heated after he posted his analysis, which I posted earlier in this thread. Not surprised that people would attack him though for bringing many things to light, as it relates to the tech in Gears.....It seems that twitter is now the playground to hit back, cry and go through temper tantrums instead of accepting perfectly valid criticism...

Dark10 is a weak, spined individual. All he does is cry on reset about ppl calling out some of his analysis.

Last edited:

Journey

Banned
Dark10 is a weak, spined individual. All he does is cry on reset about ppl calling out some of his analysis.

You think King Trash was being objective about Gears 5? I really want to see his Uncharted 4 analysis to see if he picks apart flaws the same way, then we'll know if he's really being fair and objective, but I doubt it, cause if he had to go through all of Uncharted glitches, his videos would be too long lol

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Haha i love this dude. Dark10x playing victim again, tell me something I don’t know.

That was great, and so true. Funnily enough I got myself a temp-ban here back under the old regime for pointing out how DF's exclusive Scarlet reveal stuff basically boiled down to a sponsored content campaign. When you get a series of articles/videos that present a thing pre-release in an exclusively positive light, you have to question the impartiality of the source. It doesn't matter who's product it is, because if something is effectively as one-sided as an official PR release, its probably that way for a reason.

Gamernyc78

Banned
You think King Trash was being objective about Gears 5? I really want to see his Uncharted 4 analysis to see if he picks apart flaws the same way, then we'll know if he's really being fair and objective, but I doubt it, cause if he had to go through all of Uncharted glitches, his videos would be too long lol

Idc if he was being objective or not. As a gamer it's OK for you to call him out, the same way it's OK for Dark to be called out. I just don't like tht "omg the trolls are attacking me for my analysis" cry baby shit he is always doing.

Journey

Banned
Idc if he was being objective or not. As a gamer it's OK for you to call him out, the same way it's OK for Dark to be called out. I just don't like tht "omg the trolls are attacking me for my analysis" cry baby shit he is always doing.

Agreed. King Thrash is a serious Sony fanboy too, so he should get offended by a channel that's basically a joke.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
You can see the accustaions I'm responding to right? by many in a Gears 5 thread right? about another game that was analyzed quite some time ago right?

Anyways here's something about Gears 5...….

-Dialed back physics, shadows and ATD from prior entries
-It's not 4k 60fps as it was first pitched on XBONEX
-It's actually 1800p-1080p dynamic resolution
-It's not a locked 60fps as gamingbolt implied in their video
-It tears and drops frames quite a bit in the open hub, usually to 40ish fps with tearing with a few enemies on screen and gunfire....

There are other tidbits you may pick up from the other two videos I posted in this thread...…..Go at it...….are we good?

Disclaimer: These objective bits does not detract from the potential fun you may or may not have in Gears 5 on XBONEX or PC......If you play Gears and enjoy it on whatever platform that you may have or play on, kudos to you and your purchase.....

I actually love your dedication to a game you will never play and only watch videos of

Gamernyc78

Banned
I feel the same when I see people jump in Sony 1P game threads to call them movies and that they will just, "watch it on YouTube."

Hey Uncharted is the best TPS movie tht shits on all others in its genre past and present. You see tht wall? You can climb it, you see tht zipline? You can use it, you see tht tall ledge? You can jump it. I played a tps recently has maybe a six inch ledge I couldn't even jump over tht shit, only the small Itty bitty baby ones 😂😂😂

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hey Uncharted is the best TPS movie tht shits on all others in its genre past and present. You see tht wall? You can climb it, you see tht zipline? You can use it, you see tht tall ledge? You can jump it. I played a tps recently has maybe a six inch ledge I couldn't even jump over tht shit only the small Itty bitty baby ones 😂😂😂

Those antiquated traversal designs break immersion and just make me shake my head.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Way to make yourself look like a fool.
How many threads? How many posts about Xbox games made by the poster in a negative way? If it was the same with Sony games then it’s a balanced view.

with just bashing the games on one platform and not being the platform of that persons choice it comes across as fanboy and nothing more for the other system.

not looking like a fool realy

demigod

How many threads? How many posts about Xbox games made by the poster in a negative way? If it was the same with Sony games then it’s a balanced view.

with just bashing the games on one platform and not being the platform of that persons choice it comes across as fanboy and nothing more for the other system.

not looking like a fool realy

You assumed, yeah you are.

thelastword

Banned
Bro you better be careful, he might come out and compare his ps4 catalogue to yours.
I understood that reference...….
That "bring it on, show me your library bit" was directed at me

I actually love your dedication to a game you will never play and only watch videos of
Another accuser of the brethren...….I guess you must have selective amnesia.....but hey, it's a free world you say what you want.....If I call you out right now on this, I guess you will play the victim role like your buddy Dark10x.....Peas in a pod, birds of a feather and all that....

Hey Uncharted is the best TPS movie tht shits on all others in its genre past and present. You see tht wall? You can climb it, you see tht zipline? You can use it, you see tht tall ledge? You can jump it. I played a tps recently has maybe a six inch ledge I couldn't even jump over tht shit, only the small Itty bitty baby ones 😂😂😂
Hey, you can't even jump over some itty bitty baby ones either......Even in the linear sections, there are so many places that looks that it should be traversable, but it's not, then some of the outdoor open sections are cordoned off.....Some sections that you enter through hitting the X button, which are far too many, what's about shimmying or crouching through tight spaces with your controller?....There were even sections where I said, it would be great if we could go up there, that would be neat......Then of course going through certain crevices and accessing all ladders you must use X, what's about the freedom to jump everywhere? Another aspect of the game which should be critiqued and it means; less detail have to be drawn and accounted for, less physics related calculations, less collisions, less animations from various angles, all because of where you can and can't go and how traversable the world is.......….Then there are quite a few sections where you used X to enter in the open hub, that you can't go back...…...It's supposed to be an open hub, but very limited compared to other big third party games out there tbh.....Buttttt nooo, don't talk about these things, you're just a hater who hates MS....When you probably play more MS games than them....

Max_Po

Banned
looks fantastic, but didn't DF said it was native and "New Standard" to me compare against ?

I am too old to give a rats ass about console wars.... but still if you publish bullshit... its nice to be caught ...LOL

demigod

looks fantastic, but didn't DF said it was native and "New Standard" to me compare against ?

I am too old to give a rats ass about console wars.... but still if you publish bullshit... its nice to be caught ...LOL

Thats the beauty of vgtech and nxgamer, facts. If you want sponsored biased opinions, look at DF vids.

Gamernyc78

Banned

Shit rarely gets up there in resolution, thts a fact.

Vtecomega

Banned
Very detailed Analysis videos.

Can someone explain to me how gears of war 3 looks miles better than gears 5. I am playing both on the x and gears 3 in 4k just looks like a gen ahead. Maybe not in terms of character models but the lighting, environments and just the scale of the game is not even comparable.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I understood that reference...….
That "bring it on, show me your library bit" was directed at me

Another accuser of the brethren...….I guess you must have selective amnesia.....but hey, it's a free world you say what you want.....If I call you out right now on this, I guess you will play the victim role like your buddy Dark10x.....Peas in a pod, birds of a feather and all that....

Hey, you can't even jump over some itty bitty baby ones either......Even in the linear sections, there are so many places that looks that it should be traversable, but it's not, then some of the outdoor open sections are cordoned off.....Some sections that you enter through hitting the X button, which are far too many, what's about shimmying or crouching through tight spaces with your controller?....There were even sections where I said, it would be great if we could go up there, that would be neat......Then of course going through certain crevices and accessing all ladders you must use X, what's about the freedom to jump everywhere? Another aspect of the game which should be critiqued and it means; less detail have to be drawn and accounted for, less physics related calculations, less collisions, less animations from various angles, all because of where you can and can't go and how traversable the world is.......….Then there are quite a few sections where you used X to enter in the open hub, that you can't go back...…...It's supposed to be an open hub, but very limited compared to other big third party games out there tbh.....Buttttt nooo, don't talk about these things, you're just a hater who hates MS....When you probably play more MS games than them....
No selective amnesia at all, I been here a long time and I recall a lot of posts right back to battlefront 2 trying to nit pick the X version to be less than the pro version. So where are your negative PS4 post then?

how many hours of Gears 5 have you played? What are you playing it on?

Last edited:

demigod

no assumption here, at no point in any of the threads he has made has he said when playing it or anything about gameplay. Every post is about knocking the game and it’s getting tiresome

Really? You posted in the same thread that he posted pictures. Maybe if you would stop trolling you'd know.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Really? You posted in the same thread that he posted pictures. Maybe if you would stop trolling you'd know.

Now who looks the fool as I stand by my point, so many threads made by the same poster over Xbox games in a negative way. The narrative stays the same. If you look at my post history you will see me praising PlayStation games as well as Xbox games. The anti Xbox post by the same guy is getting boring now

demigod

Now who looks the fool as I stand by my point, so many threads made by the same poster over Xbox games in a negative way. The narrative stays the same. If you look at my post history you will see me praising PlayStation games as well as Xbox games. The anti Xbox post by the same guy is getting boring now

You are still :messenger_tears_of_joy: . Carry on, warrior.

So this Last Word guy at it again. Still salty over DF analysis where they praise the game and called it right up there with ND . Lol.

Keep crying pls. Nobody cares. We all played the game and know how amazing it looks in motion.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Really is embarrassing for those 2, nothing wrong with a bit of banter but its for real with those. Best ignore.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
So this Last Word guy at it again. Still salty over DF analysis where they praise the game and called it right up there with ND . Lol.

Keep crying pls. Nobody cares. We all played the game and know how amazing it looks in motion.
One of the best looking if not the best 60fps of the gen so far.

The scalability of this game really is very impressive. I'm not sure we've seen much like it before.

The way the game consistently looks like one of the generations best on a base console, to running at 60 fps on X1X with dynamic 4K (post processing and hud are always 4k, after reconstruction), to running so well even on older PC hardware, does make the game one of the generations highlights so far IMO.

But it's not just MS or Gears or 60 fps fanboys (or the tech press) who can see it. The way the game is driving some warriors to come after it, relentlessly, means they can see it too. It's a large albeit unintended compliment.

pawel86ck

Banned
Of course he will not answer to your question because his posts history clearly shows a one sided agenda. Normal gamers never criticize or praise just one platform, and that's exactly what he is doing.

When it comes to KingThrash videos I think DigitalFoundry should not attack him, because despite funny language in his video there are real facts presented there that should be pointed out in DF tech analysis.

thelastword

Banned
no assumption here, at no point in any of the threads he has made has he said when playing it or anything about gameplay. Every post is about knocking the game and it’s getting tiresome
If you want to discuss gameplay, go the OT......If you want to discuss tech, you stay here, we all know you have no interest in tech here......The fact that you are in a tech thread asking me to talk gameplay is what's getting tiresome actually.....Always have folk talking a good game about gameplay, but hardly posts in their OT.....Go talk about all that awesome gameplay, the great story, the verticality, how the physics and ATD makes the game more immersive...….Go do that in the OT.

thelastword

Banned
Actually TLW, this thread is about Xbox one S v Xbox one X. Nothing you have said in this thread relates to that. Remind me who's in the wrong thread again?
Go read the thread again, the first post is a driveby one liner to garner likes and keeks…..several accusatory posts without discussing the content in the OP. I later posted two other tech videos, one from Nick930 and the other from King Thrash.....Certain people continue with driveby lines, saying I sound like King Thrash instead of discussing the content. then another XBOX poster comes in and wants to talk about RDR2 and Dirt 2 in a Gears 5 thread and they go on and on...…….Then in another Gears thread and this one, instead of discussing the tech videos, people are saying I theoretically played Gears and here is big-t98 doing the same thing here...….Go read this thread, I tried putting this thread back about Gears several times, but certain persons just want to do anything but......They want to talk about gameplay, but refuse to go do that in the OT...

phil_t98

#SonyToo
If you want to discuss gameplay, go the OT......If you want to discuss tech, you stay here, we all know you have no interest in tech here......The fact that you are in a tech thread asking me to talk gameplay is what's getting tiresome actually.....Always have folk talking a good game about gameplay, but hardly posts in their OT.....Go talk about all that awesome gameplay, the great story, the verticality, how the physics and ATD makes the game more immersive...….Go do that in the OT.
I asked if you are going to actually play the game to see the tech yourself?

I mean if you are going to criticise a game so heavily as you are isn’t it only fair you play the game and see it first hand yourself rather than just post videos off other people who could also have an agenda. at least then you see first hand how good/bad the game is. Watching youtube compressed video’s doesn’t show exactly how the game is to your own eyes andyou only have somebody’s opinion who narrates the video.

Now that can be biased either way for or against but at least if you play the game thourghly yourself you have first hand knowledge of every aspect of how the game is

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Go read the thread again, the first post is a driveby one liner to garner likes and keeks…..several accusatory posts without discussing the content in the OP. I later posted two other tech videos, one from Nick930 and the other from King Thrash.....Certain people continue with driveby lines, saying I sound like King Thrash instead of discussing the content. then another XBOX poster comes in and wants to talk about RDR2 and Dirt 2 in a Gears 5 thread and they go on and on...…….Then in another Gears thread and this one, instead of discussing the tech videos, people are saying I theoretically played Gears and here is big-t98 doing the same thing here...….Go read this thread, I tried putting this thread back about Gears several times, but certain persons just want to do anything but......They want to talk about gameplay, but refuse to go do that in the OT...
So no answer to if you gonna play the game to see the tech yourself?

Top Bottom