• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VgTech's Gears 5 Analysis XBONEX vs XBONES

thelastword

Banned

XBONEX

Xbox One X uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being 1920x1080 and the highest native resolution found being approximately 3200x1800. A form of temporal reconstruction is used that can increase the pixel count to 3840x2160 and pixel counts at 3840x2160 are common due to this temporal reconstruction. The native resolution is higher for the 30fps real time cutscenes on Xbox One X with the lowest and highest native resolutions found during them being approximately 2773x1560 and 3840x2160 respectively.

XBONES

Xbox One uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being 1280x720 and the highest native resolution found being 1920x1080. A form of temporal reconstruction is used that can increase the pixel count to 1920x1080 when the native resolution is below this figure. Pixel counts at 1920x1080 are common on the Xbox One. The lowest and highest native resolutions on Xbox One during the high quality real time cutscenes are the same as during gameplay, but the native resolution seems to be lower on average.

Stats
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TrWx2liV5t0NW9OuJZJlXZbVI/edit#gid=1622171028

Tearing
iwrkbrD.jpg

XBONEX with Cutscenes, XBONEX gameplay, XBONES gameplay.
fBDdgrO.jpg

Always knew this was touching 1080p native during gameplay. I noted this in the DF thread. The game got really blurry during certain firefights on XBONEX. It never touches native 4k during gameplay, only in cutscenes.....It maxes out at 3200 x 1800 with dynamic resolution falling to 1920 x 1080 under load......Everything is then reprojected to 4K, but that does not detract from the rez drops, it can be seen easily.

Seems like the CPU is still under some stress, anytime there's a lot of enemies on screen in outdoor sections framerate takes a downswing to the low 50's with lots of tearing. Even traversing with the sled sees framerate drops when you approach a camp...….Red desert sections see frequent framerate drops to the 40's...…….

All in all, I'm always a proponent of unlocked framerates, that does not change here......I think the game is more fluid this way, but perhaps without the pesky tearing...……..though with vsync on, framerate would be even lower......

Allandor

Oh, look who opened the next negative gears 5 thread (is it the 3rd or 4th? ).

Btw, game looks and feels fantastic on my x, also on my pc, but well with HDR it is just better on my TV.

btw, digital foundry never said it won't drop lower, they try to find the lowest point in gameplay, nothing more. But it seems like VG have also not found any native resolution samples, while DF did. Maybe it were just the sample scenes.

What is really fascinating about gears, that the CPU has still enough overhead to make 3 player-split screen possible. Yes, at 30 fps but still, this means that at least the cpu should have a lot of potential for he " single player" mode.

And btw, it is a great game, a really round package.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
I knew it hardly hit 4k native this game is not 4k native. It doesn't get a pass like other games haven't in the past. It's dynamic and ppl need to stop tht 4k native bs narrative. If it hardly hits 4k native it cant be touted as such.

Game still looks good though and mp has been more fun for me than Gears 4 was.

Last edited:
And from common viewing distances and in motion, the dynamic scaling is barely noticeable. That 60fps though... ohhhh yea....

thelastword

Banned
Poor man's Digital Foundry.
A rich man's stats and facts foundry.....All rez counts are corroborated with appropriate screens..... There's no opinions and favorable guesses here.... Like 4k native during game play and rez and frames than is usual. 1080p? Who would have known if DF was the only rodeo in town..... Well I said 1080p in the DF thread, but the mob clearly don't care about stats and facts, just what makes them feel better about their purchase.... Lie about native 4k instead, it consoles an ego better.
Unlocked frame rate? Ugh. A toggle would be nice. Give people options.
Interesting some people made so much noise for a locked framerate in Killzone Shadow fall, Infamous and God of War, when these games played very well with no tearing.

I also find it strange that no one is talking about the lack of ultra textures on XBONEX, when that was one of its main selling points via the Xbox echo chamber. I booted gears 5 on PC on launch and was flabbergasted how low in detail overlooking the city was, when you broke out of the dark box. I installed ultra textures after that and redid the training, it was not a huge upgrade either..... As has been pointed by Nick930. Gears 4 shadows look better, some textures are better in 4, some in 5. I'm seeing the mountain missing in Gears 5 in one of the MP maps in his comparison. People who expected 4k native 60 GPS on consoles and a massive overhaul were pretty much whiffing too hard on the pipe, physics shadows etc all had to be dialed down and we still not at 4k or locked 60fps.....

Another thing is DF always make noise about sub 60 framerates, but nothing here, no calls for locked 30fps. They also make a huge deal about shadow quality, nothing in their face off here as Gears 4 has better shadows. They always cry a storm about 30 FPS cuts ends, no crying this time.

I knew it hardly hit 4k native this game is not 4k native. It doesn't get a pass like other games haven't in the past. It's dynamic and ppl need to stop tht 4k native bs narrative. If it hardly hits 4k native it cant be touted as such.

Game still looks good though and mp has been more fun for me than Gears 4 was.

Dynamic means it's resolution or IQ is less stable than 4k CBR games by a good deal.

Nah, they are better than DF.
By far, when it comes to pure stats and facts, no guesswork and opinions, you need to consult VG Tech. If you want promises of grandeur, non corroborated, then.......

Please stop saying bad things about gears of war :messenger_loudly_crying:

Gears is actually a good looking game which aims for 60fps, I think that's the right way to go, but it's not the holy grail in graphics. Some people wanted to impress you that Gears 5 is some next gen level graphics, when it's not top, 10 this gen.

And from common viewing distances and in motion, the dynamic scaling is barely noticeable. That 60fps though... ohhhh yea....
That's fair, nobody is saying the game looks awful, it's basically Gears 4 with some plusses and minuses in the graphics department, perhaps with a bit more vibrancy in locales........

thelastword

Banned
But does vgtech make 11-15 min videos to cover specs from ten-thirty seconds of teaser/trailer footage?
Do you play teaser trailer footage at launch?

Yes. Because our eyes is lying to us and all the good shit we’re looking at while playing is fake. Let’s stop playing games GAF and just dedicate our life to watch VGTech.
Here you are getting tangled up with the mob mentality. No one is saying that you should dedicate your life to VG Tech, DF or even Gears for that matter. All this thread is about are some stats on the technicals. People are acting like their grandmothers were cursed in the OP. Surely, Gears falling to 1080p or degradations to physics and shadows should not affect your enjoyment of the game. Yet this is what a tech thread presents... You shouldn't take tech threads as a slight against you, don't make it diminish your enjoyment of your XBONEX, your preferred platform or your box.

The OT should provide lots of enjoyment for those splooging on the fun that Gears provide, even for those not having as much fun, well as it turns out moreso the former. In any event.... Hopefully, people realize its fair game for all and that someone else's take should not affect their experience. Even OT's should not only encourage echo chambers, unless persons are straight out lying.... As has been seen with some reviewers who don't know basic things about the games.

Tech threads on the other hand should foster facts, not feelings. If a game per-se runs sub 30fps with tearing, it's not your fault. Persons would like to know. I personally would like to know the real facts as opposed to being comforted in a favorable tech opinion of a game. Give me the real, hard core breakdown every time.......
Don't try to butter sub 30fps to teens as smooth or go on apologetic stances like "for the hardware" , we all know what hardware we have and if we were honest with ourselves in the first place we would know their capabilities.....

pawel86ck

Banned
Comedy continues so I will try to copy what you are doing and talk about uncharted 4 in similar way. That's should be fun😅😉.

How on earth people cant see occasional fps dips below 30fps? Famerate target isnt locked for 100% of time, but just 99%. Maybe Naughty Dog should lower native resolution from 1440p to 1080p on PS4P in order to keep 100% locked framerate? That's should be a great idea because of course tearing and stuttering even when happen or rare occasions is a game breaker. And what about input lag? Gamepad controls in Uncharted 4 are a little bit laggy compared to original uncharted trilogy on ps3, so maybe they have used too demanding effects that increased lag and should make game more responsive now by removing them because of course smooth aiming should be a priority in dynamic TPP game. And what about blurry AA? AA in uncharted 4 is too strong and it makes 1440p picture blurry as 720p. How people can play blurry game like that, they dont have eyes or something? Also texture streaming isnt the best, many textures looks sharp from up close, but every detail blurrs at distance. And at last lets talk about character models. Why ingame character model looks so flat?
3067407-2699895098-maxre.jpg

So guys as you can see these are all facts and we can conclude uncharted 4 is clearly not the best looking game, and IMO it's not even in top 10 when it comes to graphics 😋.

But let's end this comeday and talk about Gears 5 again. It's certainly one of the best looking games on current gen consoles and PC. Graphics fidelity is comparable with the best sony exclusives, but the difference is much better framerate and higher resolution.

Compared to gears 4 there are big upgrades:
-bigger, more varied and colorful locations. Some locations gives uncharted 4 and tomb raider vibes.
-character models use new skin shader and are build from 50% more polygons (according to DF). Indeed they look much better because that's the first thing I have noticed.
-textures quality (especially on PC) is much improved compared to gears 4. In DF video they have compared standard and ultra textures and the difference is clearly noticeable on character textures but maybe on xbox x these ultra textures would not make a difference (gears 5 on xbox x is not 4K native, so texture fine details would be blurred anyway).
-Screen space reflection on metalic surfaces and texturs looks SUPERB in gears 5 although xbox x dont use them (they are too demanding)
-sharp dynamic lights and shadows, that's a big difference especially in dark indoor. With HDR these
-gears 5 on xbox x is of courde not 4K native, but 1800p reconstructed to 4K plus 60fps is a good compromise overall. Picture quality is still great while 60fps makes a clear difference during gameplay.
-much more particles

Many people say Gears 5 is one of the best looking games right now, even well known PC enthusiasts on YT like B4BPCgamer share opinion like that. Here's B4B comments in regards to graphics in gears 5, it's 4K HDR gameplay at ultra settings.

I think besides Thelastword most gamers should appreciate graphics in Gears 5 but it's of course demanding game on PC if you want higher graphics compared to xbox x. 60fps at 4K and ultra settings requires 2080ti😂, and if you want to play with insane settings even on 2080ti you have to run lower resolution like 1440p.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I've been playing on X and I just remembered I haven't even installed this on PC yet. Gonna fix that now, see how high I can push it. Should be good for Insane settings in every area to be fair, I don't use 4k gaming so thats good.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
I have been critical of Gears 5 the past days, but now that I have seen HDR 4K footage of the PC version, I have to eat crow and say that it's probably the best looking game out there (without contemplating mods).

I can understand when people say the PC version looks next gen with the amazing graphics, the impressive IQ and the breathtaking HDR. The Coalition have really done an amazing job across all plataforms.

Uncharted 4 was amazing for it's time, but right now can't compete with Gears 5. I can only see the future The Last Of Us 2 and Ghosts Of Tsushima surpassing it, if they don't suffer from a downgrade. And from a technical standpoint, they are still going to be games with lower resolution and fps.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
I have been critical of Gears 5 the past days, but now that I have seen HDR 4K footage of the PC version, I have to eat crow and say that it's probably the best looking game out there (without contempling mods).

I can understand when people say the PC version looks next gen with the amazing graphics, the impressive IQ and the breathtaking HDR. The Coalition have really done an amazing job across all plataforms.

Uncharted 4 was amazing for it's time, but right now can't compete with Gears 5. I can only see the future The Last Of Us 2 and Ghosts Of Tsushima surpassing it, if they don't suffer from a downgrade. And from a technical standpoint, they are still going to be games with lower resolution and fps.
But but but Thelastword have said Gears 5 looks the same like GOW4, in fact according to him character models, shadows, textures and physics looks worse compared with previous game😅.

Jokes aside, yes Gears 5 looks superb, it has graphics fidelity comparable to sony exclusives, but with higher resolution and 2x higher framerate so overall can be considered the best looking game on consoles. The order has probably still the most detailed character models but it's also small game in comparsion and it also runs at 30fps 1920x800p. Compared to 60fps 1800p (reconstructed to 4K) in Gears 5 it's a massive difference

PC version however can be played without compromises at 4K native but it takes 2080ti in order to play with quality like that, so xbox x version still looks interesting. I wonder if RX 580 on PC can run Gears 5 at similar settings as xbox x version🤔

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Not bad performance. Fantastic PC port. This is running in insane detail, every single thing maxed out in the menu, insane texture pack downloaded, but at 1080p. I haven't got a 4k monitor, to be honest my next monitor will likely be 1440p because 4k Is a bit of a waste at this distance, but yeah, I'm happy with this performance. (This area is around 115-160fps)

Gamernyc78

Banned
But but but Thelastword have said Gears 5 looks the same like GOW4, in fact according to him character models, shadows, textures and physics looks worse compared with previous game😅.

Jokes aside, yes Gears 5 looks superb, it has graphics fidelity comparable to sony exclusives, but with higher resolution and 2x higher framerate so overall can be considered the best looking game on consoles. The order has probably still the most detailed character models but it's also small game in comparsion and it also runs at 30fps 1920x800p. Compared to 60fps 1800p (reconstructed to 4K) in Gears 5 it's a massive difference

PC version however can be played without compromises at 4K native but it takes 2080ti in order to play with quality like that, so xbox x version still looks interesting. I wonder if RX 580 on PC can run Gears 5 at similar settings as xbox x version🤔

No matter how many times you say it doesn't make it true. Uncharted 4 is on another level regular gifs can show you tht. Why even mention The Order for character models if UC4 character models are better than Gears

You are the antithesis of "the last word"

I won't even put God of War in the convo its not fair. Gears looks good but not great or makes you go "oh shit" like Uncharted, God of War or Horizon.

I have Gears, feel free to dm me to play mp, more ppl are always welcome 😊

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Trouble with Uncharted 4, it was utterly gorgeous from a design point of view, with cinematics that were out of this world watchable. But the game was the worst of the 4, and it took massive, massive dumps on previous entries. The Order looked stunning, and still does, but the game again was terrible. Gears 5 at least has a good game behind it and has made big (BIG) improvements over 4. Then you have shit like Horizon, which for me is one of the best looking AND best games of the generation, that not only plays amazing but looks beautiful.

Sadly, as games get better looking, the gameplay will start to suffer as developers go after more "realism". That's just what will happen, and there isn't really a way around that. That wasn't the problem with uncharted 4 mind you... That was just a bad game, full stop.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Trouble with Uncharted 4, it was utterly gorgeous from a design point of view, with cinematics that were out of this world watchable. But the game was the worst of the 4, and it took massive, massive dumps on previous entries. The Order looked stunning, and still does, but the game again was terrible. Gears 5 at least has a good game behind it was made big (BIG) improvements over 4. Then you have shit like Horizon, which for me is one of the best looking AND best games of the generation, that not only plays amazing but looks beautiful.

Sadly, as games get better looking, the gameplay will start to suffer as developers go after more "realism". That's just what will happen, and there isn't really a way around that. That wasn't the problem with uncharted 4 mind you... That was just a bad game, full stop.

I know your specifically talking about UC4 but I don't think it was the graphics or goal of realism tht made UC4 suffer somewhat (I still enjoyed it). The Lost Legacy used same engine, graphics was bonkers but gameplay was superb and a step up from UC4. I can't even say it was the more open areas tht made it suffer bcus LL had those and did it awesome. And again you mention Horizon which I agree is one of the best games graphically and gameplay wise and had dope graphics and was open world.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I know your specifically talking about UC4 but I don't think it was the graphics or goal of realism tht made UC4 suffer somewhat (I still enjoyed it). The Lost Legacy used same engine, graphics was bonkers but gameplay was superb and a step up from UC4. I can't even say it was the more open areas tht made it suffer bcus LL had those and did it awesome. And again you mention Horizon which I agree is one of the best games graphically and gameplay wise and had dope graphics and was open world.

Sadly, I haven't gotten around to LL yet, which is a shame :( But I have heard it improved on everything a lot. UC4 was just... An odd game. Stunning, totally stunning, don't get me wrong. But it wasn't anything like the others. The soul just wasn't there. It didn't have that fun that the others had. I mean, I can tell you all about that god damn train in UC2, or El god damn dorado... But I struggle to even remember 4? That was a bit with a flood? Or was that Tomb Raider? I'm not even joking here... Gorgeous movie, average game.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I have no idea how some people claim they can't see the difference between 60 and 30 fps. But hey, as long as they perceive everything as 60, I guess they are all good! If not, too bad!

I have no idea how some people claim they can't see the difference between 60 and 30 fps.

I find it highly noticeable if I'm playing 60fps and then go to 30fps. What's quite funny is that when I started playing DOOM (2016) I found it "too fast" because I wasn't used to 60fps on PS4..!

Weirdly, I've always thought that 30fps on PC games looks somewhat janky and unstable.

Riven326

Banned
thelastword thelastword I much prefer having the option of a locked frame rate. I locked it when I played Killzone. A stable and consistent frame rate is more desirable to me than one that is potentially higher, but is also inconsistent.

Having the option of unlocking the frame rate is also nice for those who prefer that. In the end, I just like having options with these things.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Sadly, I haven't gotten around to LL yet, which is a shame :( But I have heard it improved on everything a lot. UC4 was just... An odd game. Stunning, totally stunning, don't get me wrong. But it wasn't anything like the others. The soul just wasn't there. It didn't have that fun that the others had. I mean, I can tell you all about that god damn train in UC2, or El god damn dorado... But I struggle to even remember 4? That was a bit with a flood? Or was that Tomb Raider? I'm not even joking here... Gorgeous movie, average game.

Bro play Lost Legacy asap lol gameplay is sublime and done so much better than UC4. You'll play it and be like wtf why wasn't UC4 paced like this and done this way.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
It's strange that the poster never posts these analysis threads about Playstation games with the same connotations unless its a locked 30 fps game or Ps4 score higher fps than Xbox.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I have no idea how some people claim they can't see the difference between 60 and 30 fps. But hey, as long as they perceive everything as 60, I guess they are all good! If not, too bad!

I'm one of those strange ones lol seriously I don't even notice the frame pacing issue in Bloodborne. I'm happy I'm not sensitive to stuff like tht bcus I know it ruins games for some ppl.

pawel86ck

Banned
It's strange that the poster never posts these analysis threads about Playstation games with the same connotations unless its a locked 30 fps game or Ps4 score higher fps than Xbox.
That's exactly how it looks but of course Thelastworld will always say there's no agenda behind his actions.

No matter how many times you say it doesn't make it true. Uncharted 4 is on another level regular gifs can show you tht. Why even mention The Order for character models if UC4 character models are better than Gears
You are the antithesis of "the last word"
Sorry, but unlike Thelastword I dont write provocations and "fake" negative comments on daily basis just because I'm paid to do that or because I hate certain gaming platform. My comments history proves I can talk about issues and possitives as well on xbox/ps4 or PC.

Most of the time I remain silent when Thelastword post his comments because I can see what he is doing (provocations) and I rather watch other people attack him because of that. But now I find it too funny when so many of his points are contradicted in single Digital Foundry video. DF say character models in Gears 5 use 50% more polys and new skin shaders of top of that. They also talk about improved shadows and textures, while that guy say something totally opposite... just to conclude Gears 5 looks like 4 (if not worse) and it's not even in top 10 graphics wise.

Uncharted 4 gifs? Please dont suggest I dont know how uncharted 4 looks like because I own uncharted 4 and I have completed it. Here's screenshots from my PS4P walkthrough (although not all PNG's are still online after 2 years) so I know very well how U4 looks and I dont need to watch low quality gifs😉

Uncharted 4 has extremely detailed small rooms as my screenshots shows but the thing is graphics fidelidy isnt the same in open levels and not to mention levels quality also varies. For example Lost pirate city of Libertalia looks extremely impressive while Scotland looks washed out and flat. Cutscens in Uncharted 4 however always looks superb no matter which level (of course ingame character models looked clearly worse, but that's how it looks like in all current gen games anyway). Overall graphics fidelity in uncharted 4 is very impressive and even these days very few games can match Uncharted 4 word details and cutscene character models.

Well these small rooms in uncharted 4 probably still looks more impressive from graphics fidelity standpoint than any game (IMO only UnrealEngine 4 tech demos on PC can match it), but these levels dont reflect how normal (bigger and more complex) levels looks like and they could direct all hardware resources into that small space to increase graphics fidelity. These small rooms in Uncharted 4 reminds me Unreal Engine 4 tech demos, the same concept.

Gears 5 however can finally match U4 graphics fidelity from normal levels and that's with higher resolution and 2x higher framerate (and not to mention superb HDR implementation). All these things combined together makes Gears 5 so special and that's probably why more and more people consider Gears 5 number one when it comes to graphics.

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I'm one of those strange ones lol seriously I don't even notice the frame pacing issue in Bloodborne. I'm happy I'm not sensitive to stuff like tht bcus I know it ruins games for some ppl.

So watching the above video, you see absolutely no difference between One and One X?

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Nah, SOTTR is a gorgeous game, but naughty dogs character artists are in a whole different level.

But it is good to finally see an Xbox exclusive have comparable character facial modelling. A lot of people seem to think that because gears uses a certain visual style, that it’s not technically advanced. Sure, the characters in Gears look like huge badly scaled characters, but the actual tech before them is top notch, and the facial animating/rigging is on par with the industry best. Saying otherwise just because you don’t like how they look is quite ignorant.

thelastword

Banned
thelastword thelastword I much prefer having the option of a locked frame rate. I locked it when I played Killzone. A stable and consistent frame rate is more desirable to me than one that is potentially higher, but is also inconsistent.

Having the option of unlocking the frame rate is also nice for those who prefer that. In the end, I just like having options with these things.
However you prefer to play is great.....Shadowfall and Infamous had locked options or unlocked...….Options are always good.....I think Gears had a 4k 30fps option on XBONEX, not sure why they didn't offer it here......

Gamernyc78

Banned
That's exactly how it looks but of course Thelastworld will always say there's no agenda behind his actions.

Sorry, but unlike Thelastword I dont write provocations and "fake" negative comments on daily basis just because I'm paid to do that or because I hate certain gaming platform. My comments history proves I can talk about issues and possitives as well on xbox/ps4 or PC.

Most of the time I remain silent when Thelastword post his comments because I can see what he is doing (provocations) and I rather watch other people attack him because of that. But now I find it too funny when so many of his points are contradicted in single Digital Foundry video. DF say character models in Gears 5 use 50% more polys and new skin shaders of top of that. They also talk about improved shadows and textures, while that guy say something totally opposite... just to conclude Gears 5 looks like 4 (if not worse) and it's not even in top 10 graphics wise.

Uncharted 4 gifs? Please dont suggest I dont know how uncharted 4 looks like because I own uncharted 4 and I have completed it. Here's screenshots from my PS4P walkthrough (although not all PNG's are still online after 2 years) so I know very well how U4 looks and I dont need to watch low quality gifs😉

Uncharted 4 has extremely detailed small rooms as my screenshots shows but the thing is graphics fidelidy isnt the same in open levels and not to mention levels quality also varies. For example Lost pirate city of Libertalia looks extremely impressive while Scotland looks washed out and flat. Cutscens in Uncharted 4 however always looks superb no matter which level (of course ingame character models looked clearly worse, but that's how it looks like in all current gen games anyway). Overall graphics fidelity in uncharted 4 is very impressive and even these days very few games can match Uncharted 4 word details and cutscene character models.

Well these small rooms in uncharted 4 probably still looks more impressive from graphics fidelity standpoint than any game (IMO only UnrealEngine 4 tech demos on PC can match it), but these levels dont reflect how normal (bigger and more complex) levels looks like and they could direct all hardware resources into that small space to increase graphics fidelity. These small rooms in Uncharted 4 reminds me Unreal Engine 4 tech demos, the same concept.

Gears 5 however can finally match U4 graphics fidelity from normal levels and that's with higher resolution and 2x higher framerate (and not to mention superb HDR implementation). All these things combined together makes Gears 5 so special and that's probably why more and more people consider Gears 5 number one when it comes to graphics.

Don't agree at all especially if you put lost legacy in the equation with its huge open areas and sublime graphics, just no comparison. And it's great you own uc4, I own gears 5 feel free to dm and we can play some mp together :)

I do know u sway very much towards Microsoft like The last word does with Sony 😊 lol tht might be tinting things.

But hey enjoy it I am.

Journey

Banned
At this point I'm starting to think thelastword is a parody account created by EviLore to mess with us which is why he can get away with anything. Tell me I'm wrong EviLore EviLore

pawel86ck

Banned
Don't agree at all especially if you put lost legacy in the equation with its huge open areas and sublime graphics, just no comparison. And it's great you own uc4, I own gears 5 feel free to dm and we can play some mp together :)

I do know u sway very much towards Microsoft like The last word does with Sony 😊 lol tht might be tinting things.

But hey enjoy it I am.
I also own the lost legacy but IMO U4 is more detailed and also more fun because levels change constantly. The main level in lost legacy was indeed big but looked like Madagaskar level in U4. City of Libertalia in U4 has impressed me much more.

When it comes to xbox, I loved first xbox, and xbox 360 was still awesome.. but xbox one? Well lets say for me it's the worst xbox generation although I think by now even MS has realized that fact. I own way more games on PS4 and when exclusive games are concerned Sony just killed MS this generation. Besides forza horizon 2 I can play all my favorite games on PC, with better framerate and graphics. So I like much more sony (or should I say sony games) much more this generation and sometimes here on neogaf when I talk about xbox x problems people say it's becase I'm playststion fanboy 😂. So depending on which platform I will criticize, some people will say I do it because I'm must be sony/MS/PC fanboy. Now you say I'm must be MS fanboy but many people here on neogaf were angry at me because I have shared not just my possitive but also negative experience with xbox x. But I always try to share my honest opinions and it doesnt matter what othet people will say.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
I also own the lost legacy but IMO U4 is more detailed and also more fun because levels change constantly. The main level in lost legacy was indeed big but looked like Madagaskar level in U4. City of Libertalia in U4 has impressed me much more.

When it comes to xbox, I loved first xbox, and xbox 360 was still awesome.. but xbox one? Well lets say for me it's the worst xbox generation although I think by now even MS has realized that fact. I own way more games on PS4 and when exclusive games are concerned Sony just killed MS this generation. Besides forza horizon 2 I can play all my favorite games on PC, with better framerate and graphics. So I like much more sony (or should I say sony games) much more this generation and sometimes here on neogaf when I talk about xbox x problems people say it's becase I'm playststion fanboy 😂. So depending on which platform I will criticize, some people will say I do it because I'm must be sony/MS/PC fanboy. Now you say I'm must be MS fanboy but many people here on neogaf were angry at me because I have shared not just my possitive but also negative experience with xbox x. But I always try to share my honest opinions and it doesnt matter what othet people will say.

I feel you. Honestly as long as your enjoying all these dope games on diff platforms thts what counts. I rarely ply my Xbox but Gears 5 got me on it and I've been enjoying it.

Top Bottom