• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Use any headset with the Xbox360 headset mute/volume adapter mod

crunker99

hey i jsut did this mod, took me a bit to figure out but it sure is useful man i can diss that crap headset that came with the 360

diagram1.jpg

heres the instrcutions in case you guys wanan check out my horrible soldeing! haha

mod is pretty rudimentary im sure you can do it and it beats splicing on a new headset with electrical tape

http://www.gamersreports.com/article/17/

Cool mod, but it would be really cool if you could put a mini headphone jack so you can plug in any headset you want.

zackattack said:
Cool mod, but it would be really cool if you could put a mini headphone jack so you can plug in any headset you want.
damn, that's a good idea, i should try it!

or maybe wait 'till some 3rd party does it...

crunker99

zackattack said:

zack my man im holding in my hand a female jack but im tryign ti figure how I can stick that thing on.. i may just buy a female cell headset extender
and use that

HokieJoe

So what a good head set to use for this mod? I don't want an earbud design because I don't want to swap earwax with my friends. :)

Top Bottom