• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PS Store 10th Anniversary Sale Week 1- Bloodborne, Old Hunters, PS2 Classics

TMC

(Around) 4 hrs left, if anyone's wanna be picking up The Old Hunters before Week 2 rolls out.

Thanks for the heads up! I have Bloodborne, but haven't opened it yet. Decided to go ahead and pick up the DLC anyways. Hope I can start the game soon.

Maybe it was a different beast? He had a stupid name and he made something come from the sky. He looked like a big mouse thing. Absolutely Bloodborne. Fought him on some wierd water plain or something.

That sounds like Rom the Vacuous Spider. Mouse is definitely a stretch, but the rest of your description matches.

cheesekao

Maybe it was a different beast? He had a stupid name and he made something come from the sky. He looked like a big mouse thing. Absolutely Bloodborne. Fought him on some wierd water plain or something.
The only boss that you fight on a water plane is Rom and he's a big ass spider thing. It's generally regarded as the most frustrating boss in the game though they nerfed him a bit in a patch.
latest

Johndoey

Banned
I could see how someone might look at ROM and think "jacked up rat creature".

She's so cute though, you just want to hug her.

Bought Last Blade 2 as the sale is ending. Been on the fence about it for almost a week and finally caved.

It's great. They pretty quickly patched out the bugs and patched in the fire effects in the burning house stage, which I think makes it the only non-Neo Geo home version to have it. Gives me a lot of hope for their Garou port.

Week 2 items should trickle throughout the day until the drop, right? Hoping a few of the other PS2 on PS4 titles go up.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I picked up Final Fantasy Origins. I loaded it it up to take a quick look, and ended up playing Final Fantasy 1 all night. There's something about it's down-to-basics RPG mechanics that is so refreshing. A great remake as well... amazing music.

My only complaint is that the random encounters are getting a bit overwhelming. Is there eventually an item to reduce them?

oh, yeah, Rom. Fuck her. Took me a bit to beat her.

Fuck Rom! I'm stuck trying to beat him again in the chalice dungeon. So fucking frustrating. Had trouble with others bosses but I was always improving in each try. With Rom I really felt that beating him was just dumb luck.

Still thinking if I should pick up The Old Hunters DLC.

carlsojo

I caved and bought Bloodborne again. 20 bucks with the dlc is too good a deal. I don't think I'll ever finish it though.

Cornbread78

TiSU5ci.jpg

I'm a sucker and grabbed Wild Arms 3. I probably won't play it until next summer at this point, but at least it's in my library, lol.

Hopefully, we get some good stuff for week 2 tonight.

Haines

Banned
That sounds like Rom the Vacuous Spider. Mouse is definitely a stretch, but the rest of your description matches.

The only boss that you fight on a water plane is Rom and he's a big ass spider thing. It's generally regarded as the most frustrating boss in the game though they nerfed him a bit in a patch.
latest

oh, yeah, Rom. Fuck her. Took me a bit to beat her.

Do you guys think I should start the game over again or just pick back up at rom?

Haven't played since launch

Fuck rom

Apdiddy

latest

What? He's completely easy if you do the opposite of what you normally do with bosses in Souls series.

Don't lock onto him at all. He literally will sit there. What's frustrating is his AOE attack and having to deal with the spiders.

Fine fine fine I bought The Old Hunters DLC! I haven't even opened my copy of Bloodborne yet but 8 dollars is so much better than 20.

Now I don't know if I regret this...

Do you guys think I should start the game over again or just pick back up at rom?

Fuck rom

It's tough because Rom isn't exactly at the beginning of the game, but there's also some significant things that happen right after beating Rom that might be lost on you of you haven't played in quite some time. I'd say, if you have the time, start over, but if you don't, just keep moving forward with the understanding that you might feel like you're stumbling around for a bit until you find your feet again.

On another note, I really wish the base game was on sale. I already purchased the old hunters and beat it quite a while ago, but I'd love to have a digital copy of the base game instead of needing the disc. Don't want to buy the bundle though given that I'd just have two copies of the old hunters. (And it wouldn't be any different in cost from just buying the base game at $20.)

Kill3r7

Fuck rom

Pick up from ROM. You will get the hang of it by the time you get to the end you can take a break from the main story and go through Old Hunters before returning and gloriously finishing the game and conquering the chalice dungeons.

cheesekao

Fuck rom
I see no reason to start from scratch unless you want to play with a different build. All I can say is to not be ashamed of co-op but don't summon the NPC hunters as they're useless. Also, be conservative and kill the little mooks first.

Fuck rom

I got stuck at rom. Stopped playing for 3 months. Picked the game back up. Still stuck at rom. Put the game down for another 3 months. Picked the game back up. Beat rom. Promptly finished the game.

LakeEarth

I wasn't going to buy any of the PSone games for my PS3 because my old-school RPG backlog is already at critical levels, but with the sale just about to finish, I caved and bought Grandia. And this is after buying Wild Arms 3.

I have time for 8 RPGs, sure, no problem! (sobs)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Using this to pick up a few of the PS1 games I still keep.... so I can sell the rest of my physical.

Just wish they had Fear Effect up, but looks like I may just sell it.

LakeEarth

Oh shit, I think I JUST caught the sale in time to buy Grandia. The prices are back to normal.

No sign of Week 2's offerings.

Dunlop

If they are smart they will put Ratchet and Clank on sale to almost ensure a 1:1 buy ratio for new PsPro owners

Some deals are starting to materialise. A few new PS2 for PS4 games are discounted.

Psychonauts is $2.99 Canadian.

No discount on Elder Scrolls Online listed yet.

Bought Xenogears and Castlevania SOTN for my Vita during week 1, very happy with that. Hoping for some more PSone classics this week, especially Suikoden 2!

Top Bottom