• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PS Store 10th Anniversary Sale Week 1- Bloodborne, Old Hunters, PS2 Classics

Hoping I get that $15 back in time to get Ape Escape 2. Always wanted to play that. Also loving all the Rockstar games that are "on sale". Keep doing you guys.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Timings like in a Mario RPG style or something more complicated like Valkiria Chronicles? Sounds like something I'd like.

Also glad to hear about FF Origins I'll definitely pick that up, thanks guys.

Havent played Paper Mario but its nothing like Valkyria Chronicles.

Think rhythm games, there's an indicator on screen to let you know when to press a button.

I also really liked the lore and story for what its worth but that may be nostalgia speaking.

Borrowed this list from http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...es-north-america-november-8-14-2016/#/slide/1

PlayStation Store Anniversary Sale (Sale Price, PS+ Price)

PlayStation 4

Ape Escape 2 – $5.99, $4.99
Bloodborne Complete Edition – $24.99, $19.99
Bloodborne ‘The Old Hunters’ – $9.99, $7.99
Broken Age (cross-buy) – $4.99, $2.49
Bully – $11.24, $9.89
Far Cry 4 and Zombi Bundle – $29.99, $24.99
Fez (cross-buy) – $8.70, $6.49
Flow (cross-buy) – $1.79, $0.95
Grand Theft Auto III – $11.24, $9.89
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – $11.24, $9.89
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – $24.49, $20.99
Grand Theft Auto V – $41.99, $35.99
Grand Theft Auto V & Great White Shark Card – $49.39, $41.79
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – $11.24, $9.89
Grand Theft Auto V & Megalodon Shark Card – $74.79, $61.19
Grand Theft Auto V & Whale Shark Card – $59.39, $49.49
Hotline Miami (cross-buy) – $4.99, $3.99
Manhunt – $11.24, $9.89
Max Payne – $11.24, $9.89
Metal Slug Anthology – $9.99, $7.99
Okage: Shadow King – $5.99, $4.99
PaRappa the Rapper 2 – $5.99, $4.99
PlayStation Store 10th Anniversary Theme – Free
Primal – $5.99, $4.99
Prototype Biohazard Bundle – $29.49, $19.49
Red Dead Revolver – $11.24, $9.89
Rise of the Kasai – $5.99, $4.94
Rocket League – $13.99, $11.99
Rocket League DLC Packs – Prices not shown
Rogue Galaxy – $5.99, $4.94
Siren – $5.99, $4.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Gold Edition – $29.39, $19.79
The Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls Collection – $19.99, $15.99
The Last Blade 2 (cross-buy) – $7.49, $5.99
The Warriors – $11.24, $9.89
TowerFall Ascension (cross-buy) – $7.49, $5.99
Twisted Metal: Black – $5.99, $4.99
War of the Monsters – $5.99, $4.99
Wild Arms 3 – $5.99, $4.94

PlayStation 3

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly (PS2 Classic) – $3.99, $3.49
Fatal Frame (PS2 Classic) – $3.99, $3.49
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (PS2 Classic) – $3.99, $3.49
Gradius V (PS2 Classic) – $3.99, $3.49
Grandia III (PS2 Classic) – $3.99, $3.49
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2 Classic) – $3.99, $3.49
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2 Classic) – $3.99, $3.49
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition (PS2 Classic) – $3.99, $3.49
Katamari Damacy (PS2 Classic) – $3.99, $3.49
Max Payne (PS2 Classic) – $3.99, $3.49
Neo Contra (PS2 Classic) – $3.99, $3.49
Noby Noby Boy – $1.99, $1.49
Prototype Franchise Bundle – $24.39, $14.79
Suikoden III (PS2 Classic) – $3.99, $3.49
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Gold Edition – $19.59, $14.79
PlayStation Vita
Broken Age (cross-buy) – $4.99, $2.49
Flow (PSP) – $1.67, $0.88
The Last Blade 2 (cross-buy) – $7.49, $5.99
TowerFall Ascension (cross-buy) – $7.49, $5.99
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus – $6.99, $4.99

PSOne Classics

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night – $2.99, $1.99
Chrono Trigger – $2.99, $1.99
Dino Crisis – $2.99, $1.97
Disney Pixar: A Bug’s Life – $2.99, $1.97
Disney Pixar: Toy Story 2 – $2.99, $1.97
Fighting Force – $2.99, $1.97
Final Fantasy Origins – $2.99, $1.99
Grandia – $2.99, $1.97
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature – $2.99, $1.97
Legend of Dragoon – $2.99, $1.97
MediEvil – $2.99, $1.97
Mega Man 8 – $2.99, $1.97
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions – $2.99, $1.97
Metal Slug X – $2.99, $1.97
Namco Museum Volume 1 – $2.99, $1.97
Parasite Eve II – $2.99, $1.97
Rayman 2: The Great Escape – $2.99, $1.97
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis – $2.99, $1.97
Spyro Year of the Dragon – $2.99, $1.97
Street Fighter Alpha 2 – $2.99, $1.97
Street Fighter Alpha 3 – $2.99, $1.99
Syphon Filter – $2.99, $1.99
The King of Fighters ’99 – $2.99, $1.97
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne – $2.99, $1.97
Tomb Raider III – $2.99, $1.97
Tomb Raider – $2.99, $1.99
Twisted Metal 2 – $2.99, $1.97
Twisted Metal – $2.99, $1.97
Xenogears – $2.99, $1.99

flozuki

So jealous for all you guys that still have the chance to play Old Hunters for the first time.Was hoping for the Dark Souls 3 DLC to give me similar value but unfortunately it is not even close :-/

Mesharey

How's the story in GTAV? (Serious question <.<)

I wasn't interested in the series before (mainly the story), I usually just drive in the city, try to do some chaos and that's it in the series.

If it's something like a bit close to RDR then that's good.

etrain911

I picked up War of the Monsters, Parappa, and Rise of the Kasai! I keep waiting for Ape Escape 3 to finally get released. If you're even slightly considering Ape Escape 2, please do pick it up. It is one of my favorite 3D platformers of all time.

I really wish we had the anniversary editions of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II in the NA digital store. I don't want to buy the PS1 ports...

doemaaan

I just bought Fez and my PS4 is telling me that I can't download it. That I need to delete unnecessary space from my hard drive. I have 20 gigs free.

The hell is going on?

Grinchy

Banned
Even though I don't plan to get to it too soon, I grabbed the Bloodborne DLC. After getting the plat, I was really tempted to start the DLC but I didn't quite want to spend $20, so this is perfect.

orochi91

Picked up a ton of stuff:

Metal Slug Anthology
Old Hunters DLC
Xenogears
Last Blade 2
Flow
Castlevania: SotN

A good haul, all things considered.

Was gonna pick up the Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls collection, but I'd rather get that physical.

doemaaan

Dunno its size, but sometimes you need like 10GB more than the size.
there were four things for download if I recall correctly after I purchased the game. The demo, the "full game", the key and something else. The demo was I think 600 MB and the full game was around 200 and something. All in all, the game was around 1 GB. you'd think 20 gigs was enough space to download and install that.

orochi91

How's Metal Slug Anthology? Any audio or slowdown issues noticable?
Played on a buddy's PS4 and there seems to be input lag on some of the games, anywhere between 0.25 - 0.5 seconds lag.

I adjusted eventually; didn't notice any noticeable audio/performance issues.

Tizoc

Played on a buddy's PS4 and there seems to be input lag on some of the games, anywhere between 0.25 - 0.5 seconds lag.

I adjusted eventually; didn't notice any noticeable audio/performance issues.

That doesn't sound TOO bad. Does the game have rapid fire option btw? Sorry for bugging with so many questions :X

orochi91

That doesn't sound TOO bad. Does the game have rapid fire option btw? Sorry for bugging with so many questions :X
I want to say yes, but I honestly can't recall; didn't spend much time on it.

According to Wikipedia, all the games in the Anthology have rapid fire, with the exception of Metal Slug 6:
Game Options - Including difficulty, lives (which can be limited or unlimited, if they are limited the amount of lives the player has depends upon the difficulty) and a rapid-fire option for all games except Metal Slug 6.

Ok guys I need some help here. My bloodborne copy is region 2 and I just purchased the old hunters dlc from the US store, the dlc didn't activate and I read that dlcs are region locked. what should I do ?
Am I fucked?

Guys I really need help lol. I tried to contact sony to fill the refund form then I get this:
o2RHNBZ.png

My game is region 2 and my account is US and I live in the middle east. I really don't know what to do, so I payed 10$ for nothing, and I can't even get it back?

baberunisei

The Retronauts podcast guys said once that the PSX version of the first Final Fantasy was the best one to play. So I'm gonna give it a try at this price

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Totally grabbing Old Hunters, then dusting off my original character to run it in NG+. I heard it's brutal but excellent.

Donos

For people getting BB and Old hunter DLC... if you really want a "the true Bloodborne starts now" feeling,wait going into the dlc till NG+ and not in your first playthrough (you can get to VA boss in about 30-60min from the game beginning in NG+). Good challenge.

Oh, and better git gud :)

Any exclusives on PS3 that are a must have (I have a PC).

I got flow..

Last of Us
God of War 3
Wipeout HD / Fury
Uncharted 2 and 3

I loved Ape Escape 3 and I never got to play the past titles, so I got 2.

I'I actually glad that I held off on playing more of Bloodborne because now I have The Old Hunters. Not a bad first week.

Nudull

Banned
Someone sell me on Okage: Shadow King and Rogue Galaxy. It's been a while since I've dug into a JRPG, and I could use something special.

Also, is The Amazing Spider-Man 2 any good for some decent fun?

Nose Master

Man shame on all of you who are getting the Old Hunters just now.

It's a masterclass in DLC. Surpasses most of the vanilla game content.

Hyperbole, much? It has two good boss fights and one good dungeon. The rest of it is quite bad, but the good outweighs the bad.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Timings like in a Mario RPG style or something more complicated like Valkiria Chronicles? Sounds like something I'd like.

Closest approximation is probably lost odyssey on 360 if you played that, in terms of how timings work in combat. Nothing extravagant, just QTE style prompts for attacks to add certain effects or dmg.

Compbros

Also glad to hear about FF Origins I'll definitely pick that up, thanks guys.

It's not like Mario RPG which is more like, say, On The Rain Slick: Precipice of Darkness. It's really rhythm and timing based. Some attacks stagger, some are quick, and, depending on your team composition/additions, the difference in attack times between characters can really throw you off. Oh, enemies also get a chance to counter attack and your box will turn orange, if you mistime your counter to their counter then you take damage and your attack ends.

Dragoon is my favorite JRPG of all time mostly because of the combat system. Many find it tedious and a chore but I find it extremely rewarding.

Edit: This is the tutorial right here, it lasts about 4 minutes in this video. https://youtu.be/-NN9DxYL1Ao?t=18m24s

Khrno

I just bought the Heavy Rain + Beyond Two Souls Collection PS4 collection, and I have the PS3 disc versions, but I said why not, Paid $19.99 since my PS+ account is from the UK, but still quite a good price for digital.

The Retronauts podcast guys said once that the PSX version of the first Final Fantasy was the best one to play. So I'm gonna give it a try at this price
That's definitely true. Switching out the magic charges for MP in later versions really broke the game in my eyes. Spells felt more prescious and there was more strategy imo. Origins release even has rule change options to make it so your attacks miss if you selected an already killed target (a la NES) and prohibiting casting Raise in combat. It's missing the extra dungeons from gba and psp release, but those were kinda tedious.

Definitive version of FF 1.

Straxus

Wild Arms 3, Rogue Galaxy, Okage, and Dark Cloud 2 (current PS2 Classics games I have installed) have bug fixes out today.

Haven't tried them myself though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Rogue Galaxy and Grandia, baby.

Personal recommendation: Legend of Dragoon. The story doesn't go above and beyond cliches and tropes, but the atmosphere is incredibly unique when compared to other JRPGs. It's darker and more oppressive without being in your face about it. It's like a more western-style fantasy told within the framework of a Japanese RPG. With Power Ranger Dragon-people.

Top Bottom