• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[UK] Police investigate virtual sex assault on girl's avatar

DaGwaphics

Ban the punks and move on, unless there was some kind of coercion or grooming like Alexios suggested.

@ Banjo64 Banjo64 , if the situation really came up and some creeps were verbally assaulting your kid (especially in a sexual way), I think you would probably not be happy about it. Even if it was just online.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Ban the punks and move on, unless there was some kind of coercion or grooming like Alexios suggested.

@ Banjo64 Banjo64 , if the situation really came up and some creeps were verbally assaulting your kid (especially in a sexual way), I think you would probably not be happy about it. Even if it was just online.
Let’s be honest the headline on the BBC website is that the Police are investigating a virtual sex assault.

I think it’s only due to the sheer lunacy of that fact that people are grasping on to the ‘verbal assault’ element despite the absolute bare bones info beyond ‘they made misogynistic comments’.

I can tell you that one of my eldest son’s online ‘friends’ once told him ‘can’t you kill your brother’ referring to our toddler whilst on loud speaker. I went nuclear at my son, told him to block the guy and never speak to him again and that was the end of it. I didn’t ask the Police to investigate, because that’s fucking stupid.

DaGwaphics

Let’s be honest the headline on the BBC website is that the Police are investigating a virtual sex assault.

I think it’s only due to the sheer lunacy of that fact that people are grasping on to the ‘verbal assault’ element despite the absolute bare bones info beyond ‘they made misogynistic comments’.

I can tell you that one of my eldest son’s online ‘friends’ once told him ‘can’t you kill your brother’ referring to our toddler whilst on loud speaker. I went nuclear at my son, told him to block the guy and never speak to him again and that was the end of it. I didn’t ask the Police to investigate, because that’s fucking stupid.

That's what I figured. I didn't mean it to sound like a judgement thing, but just that this was one of those things that is easy to make light of when you aren't involved. But it is true that we don't know the particulars.

I expect a certain amount of ridiculousness when I go into lobbies with a mic. Oddly it is generally the kids throwing around the sexual insults and what not, the ones with the trashiest mouths always sound about 12. LOL

simpatico

Let's be honest, all of this insanity has its roots in U.S college campuses.

Just like McDonald's and Hollywood, it's an American export.

I myself have been staggered at the decline all across the west during the last 20+ years.

Try visiting Paris, or the dystopian open sewer that was the once beautiful city of Los Angeles, or the run down neighbourhoods of Chicago struggling with gang violence, or parts of Stockholm, or Brussels.
No matter where you go, there is an obvious difference in the way it is and the way it was even 10 years ago in some cases, never mind 20.

It's always been bad in some places, of course, but today it's like a lot of people have given up and those running things are making everyday life visibly worse.

Homeless people are everywhere, graffiti, trash, drug addiction, people working 40 hour weeks yet can't afford rent and have to live in a tent or their car.

They feel abandoned, and have a complete lack of hope.

The scale of the damage done in some of these nations and cities by poor financial management, under funding, over crowding etc...is really sad.
They should not be allowed to camp in city limits. Look for a lowkey field or creek bed to sleep in. It's so stupid that we just let our most invested metro areas fall into ruin because we're too timid to be mean to the bums.

They should not be allowed to camp in city limits. Look for a lowkey field or creek bed to sleep in. It's so stupid that we just let our most invested metro areas fall into ruin because we're too timid to be mean to the bums.
I mean, I understand your sentiment.

I think the issue is this defeated acceptance of the situation, and these massive tent cities that have sprung up along the sidewalks.
It has encouraged more people to go to L.A, as the police have effectively ceeded the streets to the homeless.

L.A is probably a victim of its own success and location.

The weather is gorgeous year round, there is a very dysfunctional state government which panders to this type of thing, it is still a very prosperous city, and there are drugs everywhere.

As a homeless person, or someone that lives that kind of nomadic, chaotic lifestyle, it really is perfect.

You also see the people mixed in who are working 40 hour weeks in the service industry, in Starbucks or a supermarket, as a gardener or a builder, who can't even afford to rent a shoe box in the worst part of town.

What this whole thing is heading towards is a kind of South Africa on steroids, with a decimated middle class that has disappeared (either because they left for Texas, Florida etc...or because they became part of the underclass) and what remains is the ultra rich, insulated as they always are from inflated rent, house prices, cost of basic goods and services, living in gated communities with armed security, moving around the most affluent beach side enclaves and the Hollywood hills, while everyone else is dirt poor and living in vast tent cities with little to no law enforcement where the gangs are in charge.

As long as enough of those in this underclass can still be used to mow their lawns, serve them their lunch, and fix their oil leak, the rich won't bat an eye lid.
Now, I say all of this as an outsider observing from a distance and it may be that none of it ends up like that...and I hope it doesn't.

But, it seems like those in power are doing everything they can to make it a reality - taking, in the case of L.A and California at large, one of the most important, creative hubs in the U.S with a wonderful way of life that offered world leading educational opportunities, leisure facilities, beaches, theme parks, shopping malls, and turning it into something broken and ugly and regressive, with an increasing tax burden and lawlessness that the middle class can't avoid and don't want for their kids...and so millions are leaving because they see the writing on the wall.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Is ERA collectively seeking the death penalty yet and then going on ACAB anarchist rants in the next thread?
I just spotted that they are busy collectively losing their mind over the news that there is an Alex Jones shovelware meme game now on Steam.
They are wondering why Gabe, the police and the army aren't doing something about it.

Last edited:

calistan

I can't believe this has gone seven pages. From the topic title, it's some sort of anti-REEE "the world has gone insane" sort of thing, but in reality it's an underage girl getting abused online by a bunch of adults.

Forget the "avatar" bullshit, if this was my daughter or yours we'd be all in for slapping these bastards' nuts between a couple of bricks.

Majukun

Was the headset screwed onto her head? If you don't like a game then just take it off
That would be a moot point legally since children can't give consent anyway, it would be the virtual equivalent of the 'you could have just walked away' defense.

Much more questioning is how much of a sexual assault you can claim with virtual avatars with no bottoms and no actual Sex-related feature programmed, guess they touched her avatar's chest?

I can't believe this has gone seven pages. From the topic title, it's some sort of anti-REEE "the world has gone insane" sort of thing, but in reality it's an underage girl getting abused online by a bunch of adults.

Forget the "avatar" bullshit, if this was my daughter or yours we'd be all in for slapping these bastards' nuts between a couple of bricks.
So, you agree with the police and think this sort of thing should be common place?

youre all laughing. But I don’t see how this isn't worse than three 40 year old men sexting a 14 year old in a group chat. first as a normal conversation than sexual audio memos in real time. Eventually under a minute the under age person having enough and blocking them, complaining to their mom, or even if the kid was amused, they are still talking to a underage kid. like get serious.

CGNoire

Jesus, there's no mental gymnastics here, it's fucking black and white, they sexually harassed a girl/minor online regardless if it was VR or a chatroom, you cannot do that shit because a: it's just fucking downright disgusting and wrong and B: it also happens to be illegal!?

I sincerely hope you cunts thinking this is a nothingburger don't have daughters and if you do, you need a wee revaluation on your principles
Has it been comfirmed they "knew" her age. Cause virtual avatars how would they know?

Go_Ly_Dow

From an article I'm reading today:
After all, there are more than 1,000 break-ins every day in this country. In England and Wales three-quarters of home break-ins lead to no suspect being identified. And Home Office figures suggest that the reality is even worse. According to this data, someone is charged in less than 4 per cent of cases. Which means the percentage who are actually convicted and go to prison for any time is considerably lower than 4 per cent.
And this is just for break-ins, let alone other types of theft and other crimes of which there are plenty.

The cops in this country are woefully under resourced, so they'll need luck policing both crimes committed online and in the real world whilst delivering favourable outcomes for the public. I don't expect they'll be able to keep the streets safe.

Last edited:

Senua

And this is just for break-ins, let alone other types of theft and other crimes of which there are plenty.

The cops in this country are woefully under resourced, so they'll need luck policing both crimes committed online and in the real world whilst delivering favourable outcomes for the public. I don't expect they'll be able to keep the streets safe.

Cheers David.

Banjo64

cumsessed

They aren’t under resourced. Just look at a YouTube channel like Auditing Britain. Point a camera at a Police station from public land (a legal activity) and you have 4-6 officers swarming you within a minute. That’s up and down the country.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
England had a good run. Had a business trip there in the early 2000s, and then again in 2021. The difference was absolutely staggering in such a short period of time.
Yep.. same for me .. and it didnt even take that long... I've been to london in 2013 I think ... and now went back in 2022 ... the difference in the city was staggering.... it was very messy and dirty.... and it was not unusual to cross with some confused gender colored hair being on the street, that sense that I had of a "prime country/city" was really gone.

I went to Paris in the same trip ... and the feeling was exactly the opposite... once a city that I thought beautiful but too messy now was cleaner and very well organized, a lot let crazies on the streets, mostly well dressed and educated people, it was quite the shock to comeback from my trip feeling the exactly opposite that I felt when I visited the two countries a few years ago.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
For people saying that sexual

Skifi28

youre all laughing. But I don’t see how this isn't worse than three 40 year old men sexting a 14 year old in a group chat. first as a normal conversation than sexual audio memos in real time. Eventually under a minute the under age person having enough and blocking them, complaining to their mom, or even if the kid was amused, they are still talking to a underage kid. like get serious.
I don't think anyone claimed that sexually harassing children is ok. It's the sexual assault on an avatar part that rubs people the wrong way.

Yep.. same for me .. and it didnt even take that long... I've been to london in 2013 I think ... and now went back in 2022 ... the difference in the city was staggering.... it was very messy and dirty.... and it was not unusual to cross with some confused gender colored hair being on the street, that sense that I had of a "prime country/city" was really gone.

I went to Paris in the same trip ... and the feeling was exactly the opposite... once a city that I thought beautiful but too messy now was cleaner and very well organized, a lot let crazies on the streets, mostly well dressed and educated people, it was quite the shock to comeback from my trip feeling the exactly opposite that I felt when I visited the two countries a few years ago.
lol...Paris is a toilet.

s_mirage

I expect a certain amount of ridiculousness when I go into lobbies with a mic. Oddly it is generally the kids throwing around the sexual insults and what not, the ones with the trashiest mouths always sound about 12. LOL

That's not surprising. The single most foul mouthed place I've ever encountered was my school, and it was regarded as a very good school. Typically it would be the tweens/early teens who were the mouthiest. Off topic I guess, but I've always found it bizarre that some adults act as if kids are all sweet little angels; do they not remember being one?

*Nightwing

THOZCch.jpg

Is there some kind of mass delusion that makes the average American this clueless?

Their country is free falling into the gutter at record speed, in real time, and their hubris, their unending arrogance, makes them point at others and act like they are in a position to do so.

I've never seen a more defeated, demoralised, divided nation as American in 2023...and yet they still lecture others as if everything is perfect.

It's both hilarious and desperately sad.

I don't want to see America collapse, as there a lot of good people there trying to make the best of it...I just think it's inevitable.

Last edited:
Is there some kind of mass delusion that makes the average American this clueless?

Their country is free falling into the gutter at record speed, in real time, and their hubris, their unending arrogance, makes them point at others and act like they are in a position to do so.

I've never seen a more defeated, demoralised, divided nation as American...and yet they still lecture others.

It's both hilarious and desperately sad

Bernardougf

Gold Member
lol...Paris is a toilet.
Well.. I can only speak about my recent personal tourist experience late 2022, and for me Paris was cleaner, well organized and more prepared as a city for my trip than London, this without couting the blue hair gender confused crazies walking in the streets of london that are plenty nowdays and I almost didn't see them in Paris... it was quite shocking because I had the exact opposite experience about 10 years ago, Paris was a dump or toilet as you well put it and London was amazing.

They are both much better countrys than mine and I still love to travel to both, so I dont want to bash any of them, Im just talking about my travel experience. This time around.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
So now you don't even need to leave the house to rape a girl?

What will technology think of next...
First the metoo movement were bad dates bacame real rape and now we have the metoo VR movement were cyber bullying of an avatar bacomes rape.

Real rape victims must feel so freaking special this days waiting to be heard by the judge that just oversaw some girl saying her avatar was tea bagged playing halo 2 vr and she feels raped.

Well.. I can only speak about my recent personal tourist experience late 2022, and for me Paris was cleaner, well organized and more prepared as a city for my trip than London, this without couting the blue hair gender confused crazies walking in the streets of london that are plenty nowdays and I almost didn't see them in Paris... it was quite shocking because I had the exact opposite experience about 10 years ago, Paris was a dump or toilet as you well put it and London was amazing.

They are both much better countrys than mine and I still love to travel to both, so I dont want to bash any of them, Im just talking about my travel experience. This time around.
I suppose, it's like most big cities anywhere in the world.

You have your beautiful, clean, well ordered parts and then you'll come across grubby, run down, crime ridden parts too.

T-0800

You also see the people mixed in who are working 40 hour weeks in the service industry, in Starbucks or a supermarket, as a gardener or a builder, who can't even afford to rent a shoe box in the worst part of town.
Many people leave their country of birth to find a better life elsewhere. Why can't the person above buy a bus ticket to another part of the county where they could afford rent?

Many people leave their country of birth to find a better life elsewhere. Why can't the person above buy a bus ticket to another part of the county where they could afford rent?
I suppose they figure it's not much better anywhere else.

Besides, by saving thousands a month on rent and having very few overheads, they actually get to put money aside and build a little nest egg.

Lunarorbit

They should also ban parents from letting their 7 year olds game online unsupervised
Yup. Everyone here games. You know humans can be pigs so it shouldn't be a surprise this happens. The people harassing others online think it's funny and have since the inception of online gaming so it will continue.

This isn't rape. It could be traumatizing if you're a little kid but beyond that it's adults being upset that they don't have a safe space.

Instead of saying you're going to kick some anonymous persons ass online grow a pair and have conversations with you're children about gaming, sexuality, and boundaries. I know this is a novel concept to most parents but you have to be an adult and talk to your kid. This behavior will never stop so you have to prepare them instead of complaining.

Top Bottom