• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK has highest demand for PS5 in the world – Newry is highest in the UK

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
UK_PS5_tracker.png

A study of internet search data suggests that the UK demand for the PlayStation 5 console is the highest in the world, with 486 in every 10,000 Britons searching for it each month.

France was in second place, with 352 in every 10,000 people searching for the term and the US was third, with 259.

ps5_global_demand.png

As well as 157 different countries, the study also drilled down to include 69 cities in the UK, to see where exactly the most demand was coming from.

For some reason Newry in Northern Ireland, which was only made a city in 2002, was number one, with 24.6 searches per 1,000 people.

Turo was the most PlayStation 5 friendly city in England, on 243 per 10,000, with Stirling the number one in Scotland and fourth overall in the UK. However, no Welsh cities made it into the list

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
And the sad thing is the majority of the people will be playing warzone/fortnite on it.

Casuals are really buying into the hype (not saying the PS5 is all hype, im saying that people are not really buying it for a specific game, they are buying for "new toy" factor, most of the time")

And the sad thing is the majority of the people will be playing warzone/fortnite on it.

Casuals are really buying into the hype (not saying the PS5 is all hype, im saying that people are not really buying it for a specific game, they are buying for "new toy" factor, most of the time")
The amount of people I've seen on the internet who only play Fifa on their PS5 on a 24 inch monitor is surely something.

And is this any different than people buying Genesis for Sonic or Wii for Wii sports? This has been a casual driven market for a long time.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
And is this any different than people buying Genesis for Sonic or Wii for Wii sports? This has been a casual driven market for a long time.
Yes because the point is they a buy a new console for a very similar experience where as with the wii, wii sports was only possible on that system.

Spaceman292

Banned
Prince Andrew may have a valid point. It will be too difficult to know if you met the person 20 years ago. If someone said to me, I met them 20 years ago, I'll be like meh... I don't recall meeting you.
What if you met at a private island drugs and sex party with the president of the US and Rolf Harris? I'd probably remember that.

Yeah Playstation has the UK on locked. The US is where they need to fend off Xbox the most since MS bought all of the Western FPS & RPG devs

kyussman

It's probably got a lot to do with Gran Turismo right now.....I'd say that is very much a system seller for many over here.

Bragr

Banned
In many of the European countries, game consoles are for FIFA, and a lot of them just view Playstation as the FIFA machine, no matter what Xbox does. That's where all your friends play, it's tradition.

Tams

Not at all. All the major luxury brands are French. London also looks like dog's piss next to Paris. On the contrary, I would say the 'bloke' mentality in the UK is much stronger than in e.g. France and Germany.

France on the other hand

france bonjour GIF by Robert E Blackmon
Mate, Paris is a dirty, crime ridden hole. Even Parisians will agree with that.

There's some lovely architecture though.

Anyway, back on topic: Wasn't the UK an Xbox country? I think that was back in the 360 era though.

Top Bottom