• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Eurogamer] Here's how much power your consoles use, and how much that costs in the UK

The electricity price we used to calculate costs is 34 pence per kilowatt hour (kWh), because that's the current cap for a unit of electricity in the UK.

From the article

So it's 0.34 * 1 (cause they have done per hour) * energy usage in Watts.

Ignore me: clearly got home too late from a work do.

Did you miss where it says it's watts per one hour use?

This is my point. It should be stated clearly in the table that the cost is pence per hour

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FYI on Xbox you can do background downloading when in the "energy saver" rest mode as well.

Not sure if article mentioned it or not (just reacting based on chart in OP).

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Such a sentence can only come from someone who does not have to pay the bills himself ;)
Lol no. Our electric bill is about $350 - $400 a month, but the majority of that is from our pool pump/AC here in Texas. These systems and my PC barely even register as a blip on the power bill, its the last tree to bark up if one wanted to cut down cost.

Last edited:

rushgore

So they used the 1000 model for the PS5 (fair enough its what I have) but as we know the 1200 model uses the smaller chip size and produces less heat (and therefore it can be assumed less power) I wonder how that model fairs.
According to an Austin Evans video (lol) 1200 uses about 10% less compared to 1000

twilo99

in terms of entertainment per watt, or simply per $$, nothing comes close to the xss currently. Very efficient.

Playing cyberpunk with FSR 2.1 you get solid 1080/60 for only 80w of power.

Top Bottom