• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Point Hospital [OT] Patients are reminded not to die in the corridor

bitbydeath

maxresdefault.jpg

Available Platforms
windows.png

Release Date
August 30th, pre-load is available right now.

What do you do?
Two Point Hospital is a spiritual successor to the classic Bullfrog game Theme Hospital which simulates the creation and upkeep of your own hospital in comedic styles or put more simply what you do is-

BUILD.jpg

6bc362530a677542e9cd88d4c74eb84f774eacd7.jpg

8b38bcbebb87f3b3e0a346dee1122ac3b9a82c6b.jpg

DLC?
Two Point Hospital will feature substantial DLC packs only, there will be no micro-transactions whatsoever.

Videos

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Boy, I can't wait for this tomorrow. I played a hell of a lot of Theme Hospital on PS1 (yeah, I know) and alongside SimCity 3000 and Theme Park, it kickstarted an early love of silly sim games for me. The fact that this looks so faithful to the original can only be beneficial to it.

Dunki

Same and this reeally looks and feels like a modern take on theme hospital from the people who did understand why it was popular back then and why it is an cult classic

DryvBy

Theme Hospital is one of my favorite games of all time so when I saw this pop, I bought it instantly. And it's SEGA so it's probably gonna be great. I might review it for GAF after I get my weekend in.

bitbydeath

I haven’t gamed on anything but consoles since the early PS1/PS2 days.

I’ve now just created my first steam account to play this game.

Can’t wait!

Poppyseed

Probably not til release, there are a lot of streams already going though if you’re looking to get an idea of what to expect.

Not really. Just generally leary of games without reviews. Makes me think 6/10. I want to be wrong.

Last edited:
Judging from the streams I've watched, it seems to be exactly what it set out to be: a modern Theme Hospital, for better or worse. Still, I've pre-ordered and preloaded so I'm ready to go tonight.

ancelotti

Yeah, I've sunk a few hours into the game since my last comment and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. It's charming and instantly accessible, while at the same time being substantially deeper than expected. It's the equivalent of $20USD in my region, and I'll probably get that much value out of it this weekend alone. It's completely distracted me from PES 2019 (an ill-timed maintenance window from Konami didn't help) and even though I've stopped playing for a bit I still have lingering thoughts about how I should improve my hospitals. Two Point Studios have really nailed it and I'm excited to see what else they have in store.

bitbydeath

Managed to only play a few mins before getting kicked off the computer. Just what I hoped for though. Theme Hospital 2.0.

I’m only starting the tutorial still and just got to the first wave of light-headedness.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's a home run for me. Spent 3 hours going through a slow pace last night and loved every second. I have very minor nitpicks here and there, but nothing substantial - mainly that you have to unlock some room-specific items, e.g. if patients in a ward are thirsty you can't just put a drinks machine in, you have to unlock the (unhygienic) drinking fountain. But that worry went away very quickly.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
So I spent most of last night on it it's bloody brilliant. Very impressed with it so far, it's basically theme hospital but with the quality-of-life stuff you expect in a modern game (the ability to drag and move a room for instance is a huge plus), and the graphics are wonderful - fantastic animations including wafting a fart. Only negative is that the diseases seem a little less imaginative than in the past, and many seem to just involve going to the pharmacy or the ward where you don't get much visual difference between conditions, but that may just be the early game. Obviously you've got the light-headedness, Pan-demics and the Freddie Mercury wannabes who stand out but some conditions are described wonderfully but don't present much in-game. Perhaps due to time and budget constraints, or perhaps as I said just early game stuff. All in all I fucking love it.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Obviously I 100% agree that Denuvo is a cancer upon gaming, but maybe the best choice is to get the cracked version and buy (but not download) the original, that way you get your DRM-free version and still support the devs for creating something you'd like to play. Alternatively crack it and play it and wait for GOG, but on the condition that you have to buy it if it goes there.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Indeed - Sega do seem to be Denuvo's most regular customers. I do wish they'd stop tbh.

nkarafo

Never played the classic Theme Hospital. Even though Dungeon Keeper (the other classic from Bullfrog) is still my favorite PC game of all time. It's been on my backlog for years. So now i wonder if i should play this new game instead.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
The old one's on GOG if you want it, there's room for both in your collection. FWIW the old one is still pretty usable on a modern PC. I love the new one.

bitbydeath

Obviously I 100% agree that Denuvo is a cancer upon gaming, but maybe the best choice is to get the cracked version and buy (but not download) the original, that way you get your DRM-free version and still support the devs for creating something you'd like to play. Alternatively crack it and play it and wait for GOG, but on the condition that you have to buy it if it goes there.

EA would get that money for the OG as they bought Bullfrog years ago.

bitbydeath

Anyone got any tips on beating Hospital 3 at the 3 star level? The part in particular is getting staff happiness up to 75.

I’m training everyone up on the happiness perk but it appears most happiness comes from promotions which you have to wait for.

Anyone got any tips?

Edit: Maybe I could fire most of the staff so I have fewer to focus on...

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
EA would get that money for the OG as they bought Bullfrog years ago.
Sorry I wasn't clear, I mean crack Two Point Hospital, then buy Two Point Hospital but play the cracked version.

WaterAstro

I'm not enjoying that much because it feels so directed.

I took out a loan, and then it throws me patients I can't cure because I can't afford the next thing. It feels so scripted. It's why I didn't enjoy City Skyline as much as Sim City (despite controversy) because it felt so linear in the city building for City Skyline.

bitbydeath

I'm not enjoying that much because it feels so directed.

I took out a loan, and then it throws me patients I can't cure because I can't afford the next thing. It feels so scripted. It's why I didn't enjoy City Skyline as much as Sim City (despite controversy) because it felt so linear in the city building for City Skyline.

I never bother with loans, I just set it to fast-forward until my money comes back.

Allandor

Well, this is really a nice game. Just like the old theme hospital, but with upgraded gameplay and graphics.
But a "copy-room"-function is really missing, because you need to build so many of the same rooms in the late game.

Btw, does anybody know how I can really prevent patients to die?
Sometime they just die like flies. Even if the personal has good qualifications, even if the chances to heal were >80%

Dunki

Sometime they just die like flies. Even if the personal has good qualifications, even if the chances to heal were >80%
It is like Xcom sometimes you really getting fucked....

Besides that I have not much time to play this with Dragon Quest stealing so much of my time. I only went up until the university hospital but what I played of it I had really fun. This is not only a very nostalgic game but it is actually quite good for todays standards. It is even so motivating that I will always go for the 3 stars something I mostly never do in other games.

Top Bottom