• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Point Campus coming to console and PC in May

Bullet Club

Two Point Campus coming to console and PC in May​

Sega and Two Point’s comedic college sim heading to Switch, PlayStation, Xbox, and PC

Two Point Hospital follow-up Two Point Campus, which gives the simulation series a collegiate spin, will be released on May 17, Two Point Studios and Sega announced Thursday.

Two Point Campus is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. The game will be available on Xbox Game Pass on its release date for Xbox platforms and PC.

Two Point Studios gave Polygon an early look at nearly seven minutes of gameplay, showcasing a number of different new features: expanded building tools, staff and student management, and unique courses for students to enroll in.

Two Point Campus will look familiar to anyone who has played Two Point Hospital, but studio director Mark Webley and design director Ben Huskins told Polygon there are key differences. One of the biggest is regarding progression. In Two Point Hospital, patients come into the hospital for treatment and then leave or die. But in Two Point Campus, students spend considerably more time at the school — meaning that there’s room for players to “get to know” its characters and follow specific tracks.

fZ5uTdn.gif

“You kind of find yourself following two or three characters,” Webley said. It’s a different experience building for the group or favoring one or two students, and the impact that has on the game — creating specific courses or certain school environments — is interesting to watch unfold. The sort of campus that thrives will depend on the sort of student population that’s there.

“Students want different things from your campus,” Huskins said. “You’ve got a little bit more creative freedom in this game. You can decide which courses you want to run. Different courses will attract different types of students.” For instance, if you build your campus around the “Musicality” course, students may be more creative and want more activities — like music gigs — at the Student Union.

HBbzE8R.gif

Another key feature, something that’s been expanded on since Two Point Hospital, is the flexibility of Two Point Campus’ creative tools. Players can simply plop down rooms and build courses from there, but Two Point Campus has tools for players that want to decorate their school, a la The Sims 4. This extends to everything from street layouts and building size, to desk placement and decoration.

Everything runs on a schedule throughout the school session, with students and staff following pre-made timetables. However, there is a built-in summer break in Two Point Campus, which allows players to redo campus decorations and layout to better serve the student body. Or maybe, make it worse. That’s your call.

Source: Polygon

Chukhopops

So it’s pretty much confirmed now that every Sega game on PC will be on GP Day 1:
- Humankind
- Football Manager 2022
- Total War Warhammer III
- Two Point Campus

Feels like a certain day in the middle of the week.

Looking forward to this. If I wasn't such a Sega fanboy I may not have played Two Point Hospital but I am glad I did because it was really fun and addictive

Bragr

Banned
I liked Two Point Hospital, but like a lot of the modern management games, I do feel it lacks in some of the management aspects that past games in the genre had.

What I mean is, in modern management games, once you hit a certain point you get so much money it all becomes pointless, and it's very little punishment for failing. Some of the 2000-ish management games nailed the feeling of having to pay attention to your finances and strategize when you built something. Now, it seems management games are more about customization.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Wonderful. I adored Hospital although got pretty salty when the endgame was broken and became nothing more than manually sending patients to GPs. I'm sure they've fixed that and the amount of DLC is staggering, but I'm good, I got my 40 hours.

Edit: oh wow, another one for Game Pass. Feels like I need to buy about half the games I used to with this thing.

Last edited:

PerfectDark

Banned
Need more unique games like this. Need a new Sim City not from EA even though I know they own the IP. EA ruins everything they touch. EA touches gold it turns to poop.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Another one for the Game Pass team. :D

See? I would have never bought this game, but now I'll at least try it.
That's actually a good look point but I'll get back on gamepass when they improve the store/launcher it sucks so much right now

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Welcome to Two Point Campus, your chance to be the benevolent overlord of higher education. In so many management games, the little people are anonymous little blobs that make crazy demands and mess up your painstaking plans. With Two Point Campus, the new game from the makers of the delightful Two Point Hospital, that's all going to change.

Everything you loved about Two Point Hospital is still there - the dad jokes, the accessibly addictive mechanics - but you'll now be able to really zoom in on the students you're looking after as they study and slack their way through college. They'll have likes and dislikes, needs, and the environment you create for them will help them live, laugh, and love.

We spoke to co-founders of Two Point Studios, Mark Webley and Gary Carr about Two Point Campus, and they explained that this evolution in the series came from wanting players to care about the little people. In Two Point Hospital patients were only with you long enough to get cured or die, in Two Point Campus students will be with you throughout their three-year courses, and you'll be more invested in their success.

This isn't like The Sims, you won't be in direct control and telling your students when to use the toilet, but you will be able to influence their lives in other ways. For instance, if you build a rose garden on your campus you increase the chance of your students developing romantic relationships. Sure, not many of my college relationships started in rose gardens, more in dingy clubs and puddles of cider, but the rose garden looks much nicer on the screen.

Of course, this being a Two Point game, you can forget about boring economics classes or seminars on the causes of the potato famine, instead, your students can master the art of making car-sized pizzas with Gastronomy, or attend Knight School - please take a moment to appreciate that pun - and run around in medieval armor. Your classrooms will look less like stuffy academic boxes, and more like mad scientists laboratories.

Two Point Campus also has some fun with all of those college stereotypes we've learned about from movies and TV. Those guys in the wigs? The class clowns. Toffs are instantly recognizable in the smart tailcoats, and the goths are... well... the goths are just adorable. Even better, the chances of them dying feel much smaller than when I was running Two Point Hospital.

CamHostage

Two Point Campus was delayed a little bit, now coming out August 9.

Info's in here, and also some developer insight on the project (with some talk of optimizing the series for controllers and such.)

Top Bottom