• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump in NYT interview - attack's clinton's marriage, denies cheating on wives + more

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/01/us/politics/donald-trump-interview-bill-hillary-clinton.html?_r=0

He decided to give the failing NY Times an interview in his currently deranged state, and it went as well you'd think. He also walked back supporting her if she won, opening the door for legal challenges if he loses. Also he doesn't need to prepare for the next debate because his bad performance was because of the mic.

Donald J. Trump unleashed a slashing new attack on Hillary Clinton over Bill Clinton’s sexual indiscretions on Friday as he sought to put the Clintons’ relationship at the center of his political argument against her before their next debate.

Mr. Trump, aiming to unnerve Mrs. Clinton, even indicated that he was rethinking his statement at their last debate that he would “absolutely” support her if she won in November, saying: “We’re going to have to see. We’re going to see what happens. We’re going to have to see.”

In an interview with The New York Times, he also contended that infidelity was “never a problem” during his three marriages, though his first ended in an ugly divorce after Mr. Trump began a relationship with the woman who became his second wife.

Speaking by phone from a campaign swing in Michigan, he said that he was “absolutely disgusted” that Mrs. Clinton had allied herself politically with a Miss Universe winner, Alicia Machado, whom Mr. Trump had derided for gaining weight.

Mr. Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, argued that Mrs. Clinton’s support for Ms. Machado was part of a pattern by the Democrat of treating women to suit her own political ends, and raised Mrs. Clinton’s criticism of women who had been involved with her husband, such as Monica Lewinsky and Gennifer Flowers.

He said he was bringing up Mr. Clinton’s infidelities because he thought they would repulse female voters and turn them away from the Clintons, and because he was eager to unsettle Mrs. Clinton in their next two debates and on the campaign trail.

“She’s nasty, but I can be nastier than she ever can be,” Mr. Trump said.

“Hillary Clinton was married to the single greatest abuser of women in the history of politics,” he added about Mr. Clinton. “Hillary was an enabler, and she attacked the women who Bill Clinton mistreated afterward. I think it’s a serious problem for them, and it’s something that I’m considering talking about more in the near future.”

Mr. Trump said he believed that his own marital history did not preclude him from waging such an attack. He became involved with Marla Maples while he was still married to his first wife, Ivana, who divorced him in 1991. He married Ms. Maples in 1993; they were divorced in 1999. He married his current wife, Melania, in 2005.

While Mr. Trump has bragged about his sexual exploits over the years, he charged in the interview that Mr. Clinton had numerous indiscretions that “brought shame onto the presidency, and Hillary Clinton was there defending him all along.”

But when asked if he had ever cheated on his wives, Mr. Trump said: “No — I never discuss it. I never discuss it. It was never a problem.”

Asked specifically about his affair with Ms. Maples when he was married to Ivana Trump, Mr. Trump said: “I don’t talk about it. I wasn’t president of the United States. I don’t talk about it. When you think of the fact that he was impeached, the country was in turmoil, turmoil, absolute turmoil. He lied with Monica Lewinsky and paid a massive penalty.”
Mr. Trump said he did not think he needed to prepare more rigorously for the next debate than he did for the first one, because any shortcomings on Monday, he argued, were because of a problem with the microphone at his lectern, which he “spent 50 percent of my thought process” dealing with. The Commission on Presidential Debates, which sponsors the events, said on Friday that there were “issues” with Mr. Trump’s audio.

mdubs

Banned
This is where we are right now
bizzaro-world.jpg

Not surprised. Trump has no ethics, morals principals, values, virtues etc. At the root he is a piece of shit clinging to his massaged ego. Can only be who he is as a SWM too (and get supported).

sphagnum

Banned
Mr. Trump said he did not think he needed to prepare more rigorously for the next debate than he did for the first one, because any shortcomings on Monday, he argued, were because of a problem with the microphone at his lectern, which he “spent 50 percent of my thought process” dealing with.

Hahaha

Beartruck

When asked about its black color, the pot responded "I don't talk about my color. The kettle being black is way more important. I don't talk about it."

Future

Bad microphone didn't prevent him from interrupting Hillary 50 times. He's the guy that complains his joystick buttons are sticking when win 5 rounds in street fighter. Except he's whining at 70 years old

I love this guy man. He really shows how you can say whatever you want regardless of facts and still make it in life. As long as you say it with conviction. Hell you can even be the runner up for president of the United States

danthefan

But when asked if he had ever cheated on his wives, Mr. Trump said: “No — I never discuss it. I never discuss it. It was never a problem.”

Asked specifically about his affair with Ms. Maples when he was married to Ivana Trump, Mr. Trump said: “I don’t talk about it. I wasn’t president of the United States. I don’t talk about it

OK Donald.

KarmaCow

Didn't he just brag about how much of a nice guy he was for NOT bringing up Bill Clinton's affairs?

I'm sure in his delusional mind, he thought that bragging about being humble and reserved wasn't idiotic but it was incredibly transparent what he was doing.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Mr. Trump said he did not think he needed to prepare more rigorously for the next debate than he did for the first one, because any shortcomings on Monday, he argued, were because of a problem with the microphone at his lectern, which he “spent 50 percent of my thought process” dealing with.

mNJTzoz.gif

Tripon

Bringing up Bill's affairs isn't going to turn away women voters for Hillary. It just makes her sympathetic.

BTW, does anyone find it weird that the scandal he's attacking Hillary Clinton with is something she never done? By attacking her on Bill's affairs, he's basically saying how dare you stay faithful in your marriage.

Wait, wait, wait. Best part!

The Failing New York Times said:
Looking broadly at the race, Mr. Trump said he was pleased that he was running close to Mrs. Clinton in many polls and expressed optimism that he would prevail in Ohio and Florida and ultimately take the presidency.
“I have the issues on my side,” he said bullishly, “and I have Trump, which I’ll take.”

sonicmj1

Asked specifically about his affair with Ms. Maples when he was married to Ivana Trump, Mr. Trump said: “I don’t talk about it. I wasn’t president of the United States. I don’t talk about it. When you think of the fact that he was impeached, the country was in turmoil, turmoil, absolute turmoil. He lied with Monica Lewinsky and paid a massive penalty.”

Like some kind of verbal ostrich, Donald believes that if you don't talk about something, it ceases to exist.

gcubed

There is positively NO WAY this election ends without Donald demanding a recount.

If anyone thinks there will be a concession call, you're gravely fuckin mistaken.

and they say. no thank you donald.

no one cares if he doesnt concede, when he loses by 8-10 pts the world will move on while he cries

This is such amateur hour. If Clinton can survive an 11-hour grilling on live TV, then nothing will unnerve her. Especially a man-child like Orange Menace.

Please proceed, Hair Mouse.

It's incredibly dumb for him to be telegraphing this "strategy" like this because god knows his history with women is shady as hell. Hillary is going to have some epic trap card waiting for him if he dares to bring any of this up during the next debate.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
He lost 50% of his brain power because he was focusing on an (allegedly) faulty microphone? Is someone who can't look past an (alleged) minor issue and focus on the task at hand someone you want as president? Someone who can't concentrate when it's important to do so?

Also, he's gone from repeating everything twice to repeating it 3 times:

“We’re going to have to see. We’re going to see what happens. We’re going to have to see.”
" the country was in turmoil, turmoil, absolute turmoil."

Pretty soon he's just gonna repeating phrases indefinitely and rock in a corner.

I lost 50% of my brainpower trying to make sense of the garbage he spews out from his mouth.

How anyone can justify the things he says is beyond comprehension.

Wow. Every day, without fail, there's further evidence of what an incredible piece of shit this man is. He has no conception of shame, no ability to self reflect, no Super Ego to keep his fucking Id from mouthing off. What a disaster of a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom