• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Advancing Keystone, Dakota Oil Pipelines Today, Source Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimbardo

golden boy Trudeau (and Harper before him) was pushing big time for Keystone and Obama wouldn't go for it.

this is good news for Canada as far as the dollar and jobs go (and the US) ...but the carbon tax puts Canada at a disadvantage.

UberTag

golden boy Trudeau (and Harper before him) was pushing big time for Keystone and Obama wouldn't go for it.

this is good news for Canada as far as the dollar and jobs go (and the US) ...but the carbon tax puts Canada at a disadvantage.
Initial reaction from the dollar today was a favorable one. So the markets like this development for Canada quite a bit.

highrider

Banned
Look, I can totally see Trump doing this, but a one off article ' according to an unnamed source close to the pulse ' doesn't give anyone pause? Try to remember, these outlets exist to sell stories to people, and they have a target audience.

RoKKeR

Look, I can totally see Trump doing this, but a one off article ' according to an unnamed source close to the pulse ' doesn't give anyone pause? Try to remember, these outlets exist to sell stories to people, and they have a target audience.
What? He signed an executive action about it today. Unless I'm missing something.

The problem isn't relative safety of pipelines vs other transport the problem is they are prepared to go against local wishes and spend billions on a technology known to be screwing up our planet. It sends a message to anyone hesitating about trying to find a way to live long term on the globe that it's ok to screw the future and go for profits now line your pockets, because the getting is gonna be good.
The money could dramatically increase research into alternatives. But no, it gets spent on a dead end.

UberTag

When is he going to prove that he sold his shares of the companies building the pipeline?
The same time he makes his tax returns public and shows that he's filed paperwork officially divesting himself of ownership in his many companies.

How does this shit not get investigated ?

X8pB5nb.jpg

Hatty

Will the peaceful protests turn into active interference? The protestors will most likely face harsher punishments this time. I hope no one gets hurt or tries something rash.

I've been wondering; If Trump wants to push ahead with the DAP how far do you think he will go to forcefully remove peaceful protesters? Personally, I think he'll go so far as to order the National Guard to put a bullet in each and every one of their heads. You saw what Nixon did at Kent State in the 70's? Nixon will probably come out looking like a Saint once you have the Trump administration to compare him to.

I've been wondering; If Trump wants to push ahead with the DAP how far do you think he will go to forcefully remove peaceful protesters? Personally, I think he'll go so far as to order the National Guard to put a bullet in each and every one of their heads. You saw what Nixon did at Kent State in the 70's? Nixon will probably come out looking like a Saint once you have the Trump administration to compare him to.

Searched and didn't see the latest info posted.

Police Raid Standing Rock Camp, Set Fire to Teepees and Possessions

From yesterday, Feb 1, 2017.

ABC World News about to corroborate 70 plus people being removed from the camp. The story I linked to is true. Im not as dumb as a Trump supporter. Oh yeah, oh yeah.

Lesson learned...dont listen to junior members.

Seattle's City Council has voted to not renew its contract with Wells Fargo, in a move that cites the bank's role as a lender to the Dakota Access Pipeline project as well as its creation of millions of bogus accounts. As a result, the city won't renew its contract with the bank that expires next year.

The unanimous vote will pull the city's more than $3 billion in annual cash flow from the banking giant, the council says. Seattle says the bidding process for its next banking partner will "incentivize 'Social Responsibility.'"

Not long after Seattle's vote, the City Council in Davis, Calif., took a similar action over the pipeline. It voted unanimously to find a new bank to handle its roughly $124 million in accounts by the end of 2017.
In Davis, the city's report on the possibility of cutting ties with Wells Fargo noted that Philadelphia and Minneapolis are also considering the same move.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-billion-from-wells-fargo-over-dakota-pipelin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom