• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Advancing Keystone, Dakota Oil Pipelines Today, Source Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

President Donald Trump intends to take action today to advance construction of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, according to a person familiar with the matter.

TransCanada Corp.'s Keystone pipeline was rejected under former President Barack Obama, and Energy Transfer Partners LP's $3.8 billion Dakota Access project was stalled when the Obama administration halted work on in on land near Lake Oahe in North Dakota amid protests by Native American groups.

The moves, taken on Trump's fourth full day in office, illustrate his plan to fulfill his campaign pledge to give the oil industry more freedom to expand infrastructure, create jobs and ease transportation bottlenecks.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...an-orders-approving-keystone-dakota-pipelines

Linkark07

Banned
This shouldnt surprise anyone, he was going to do this sooner or later. Hopefully this now gets more traction and more people protest.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Trump is an opportunistic asshole with a plethora isms that apply to him. This comes as no surprise. Do not delude yourself into thinking that he has or will ever change for the better simply because he makes one decision that you may agree with (see: TPP).

I wonder if the veterans will come back to help the protest. I'd like to think that they would atleast be able to stop Trump, what with his military fixation.

GhaleonEB

I expected these, but christ these actions are a steady drumbeat reminder of how much is going to be fucked up that can't be reversed.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Sigh... Everytime I see shit like this I want to punch anyone who didn't vote because emails or Clinton wasn't lefty enough.

I don't really have a problem with pipelines, it will be better than transportation by train. The Dakota one should be rerouted though.

nitronite

Can someone explain to a non-American what the issue is with the Keystone pipeline? As far as I know, oil is already being transported from Canada to the US via railways.

Steejee

There's a pretty good chance Keystone won't get built even with approval - the economics just aren't there right now.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
And I bet protestors won't be treated so 'kindly' this time.

Caja 117

So his plan is to do some evil shit every day of his presidency... Fuck, I really hope for some Karma in the future.

There's a pretty good chance Keystone won't get built even with approval - the economics just aren't there right now.

Do you think they are going to wait for it to get better ? By then a DEM will be in office and they would be shut out again, remember 2/3 of this is already built so they will finish it while they have the chance.

Didn't he say it's because he's president?

Which is some BS logical fallacy that we've been taught in fifth grade?
Yep

Until he starts getting punished for his lies and crimes he's going to keep doing them. For some reason everyone is too afraid. We really need more lawsuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom