• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tool is basically the personification of the word "boomer"

Literally 100% of their fanbase consists of boomers and as a millennial, I can't be bothered listening to their boomer music.

Everything about that band screams "Boomer" to me, personally. Just look at their latest album's cover art:
image.jpg

This shit reeks of boomerism and middle-aged sensibilities
ifrfr2w_1.png

The biggest proof, however, is that some of their biggest fans include Papa Papa and @PKM, two of the biggest boomers on GAF.

What more can I say, GAF?
5wZdQMI.png

Literally 100% of their fanbase consists of boomers and as a millennial...

What happened to Gen X? I'm pretty sure most of GAF don't remember seeing the Beatles on Ed Sullivan or anything like that. "Boomer" seems to be the new MILF, where a trendy term somehow is constantly being applied to people who probably would be more accurately classified otherwise.

Never heard a single track and will keep it that way.
y

Jenenser

I'm not but stay passive aggressive that some guy on the internet said mean thing about buttrock band.
no, you didnt talk about the band. you were talkin about the people who listen to said band, dont backthread now. i couldnt care less how much you think a band is shit. (i can however think, that reductionist statements about a band and their music is bitchin and funny to me :messenger_tears_of_joy: )
theres a high possibility i dont listen to your music because i dont like it. doesnt make you an asshole for liking it.
thats the difference.

Fushitsusha

Banned
no, you didnt talk about the band. you were talkin about the people who listen to said band, dont backthread now. i couldnt care less how much you think a band is shit. (i can however think, that reductionist statements about a band and their music is bitchin and funny to me :messenger_tears_of_joy: )
theres a high possibility i dont listen to your music because i dont like it. doesnt make you an asshole for liking it.
thats the difference.
Are all TOOL fans like this?

Papa

Banned
thats the difference.

Don’t feed the trolls cuz

lock2k

Banned
H
Literally 100% of their fanbase consists of boomers and as a millennial, I can't be bothered listening to their boomer music.

Everything about that band screams "Boomer" to me, personally. Just look at their latest album's cover art:
image.jpg

This shit reeks of boomerism and middle-aged sensibilities
ifrfr2w_1.png

The biggest proof, however, is that some of their biggest fans include Papa Papa and @PKM, two of the biggest boomers on GAF.

What more can I say, GAF?
5wZdQMI.png
How old are you?

Tool rocks. I've been hooked since I was 10 when I first saw the Prison Sex video.

Also, A Perfect Circle's Mer de Noms will turn 20 this year. Awesome.

lock2k

Banned
I've always tried to get into Tool but it has never clicked for me. Dunno why. I do like Pneuma from their latest album however.

They are often compared to Meshuggah and I don't see why really, they're like nothing alike to be honest.
Obzen was heavily influenced by Tool after they toured together and Adam Jones said he was influenced by Meshuggah as well. I can see the similarities in terms of structures but they really don't sound alike. They do have many sensibilities that are compatible.

Gargus

Banned
Someone can explain their music is like? Really don't want to click... but am curious now.

They seem to be a band that you either love em or hate em.

I like them a lot though. I didnt at first though. But I guess I ended up hearing the right song when I was in the right mood and it really stuck with me so I listened to more, the more I listened the more I liked them.

Here are a couple of my favorite ones. I tried to give some examples of different type of their songs that feel different.

One of their first big hits.

A long song that builds very slowly. Really good to listen to with headphones on and relax.

And this one has the lyrics with it in the video as an example of how weird some of their songs are.

Top Bottom