• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren: told ya this week gon be gud. And it's only Wednesday. More to come...

Jon Neu

Banned
Some of the Xbox shills have actually turned me off of the Xbox more than excited me. They twist most everything in a way that it does not need to be twisted. The whole Series S CPU tweet from Mr. Warren immediately comes to mind.

If you think that's a twist, then maybe the problem isn't with the people explaining that in some instances, the Series S CPU it's faster than the PS5 CPU.

reinking

Gold Member
If you think that's a twist, then maybe the problem isn't with the people explaining that in some instances, the Series S CPU it's faster than the PS5 CPU.
Let's revisit what he said exactly....

Microsoft has confirmed the Xbox Series S uses the same CPU as the Xbox Series X running at 3.6GHz. Yes, the Xbox Series S CPU is faster than the PS5

Do you really believe that does not imply that the Series S will be faster than the PS5. After all, he did not say PS5's CPU. He left it as PS5. So yes, he was spreading FUD and he knows how people that are not tech savvy are going to read it.

Last edited:
So yes exactly what I said.

I mean it's nothing even worth saying in the first place. Coulda woulda shoulda, point is they didn't. Bringing it up otherwise as a "Yeah well if they did they'd of gotten WAY more attention!" is vapidness at the end of the day.

There's a good probability that would've occurred but the reality is it did not, so trying to live in a theoretical about it just reeks of insecurity imo.

Let's revisit what he said exactly....

Do you really believe that does not imply that the Series S will be faster than the PS5. After all, he did not say PS5's CPU. He left it as PS5. So yes, he was spreading FUD and he knows how people that are not tech savvy are going to read it.

TBF I think most people would assume he meant PS5's CPU (altho that's only true if the S's CPU is in SMT Off mode).

Then again he simply could've said "PS5's" and that would've done the same trick and been more clear, so maybe there was some ambiguous wording on his part there which hopefully they don't engage in within the future.

That being said, I've seen this stuff happening on both side a lot more lately. It doesn't make it right, but we have to acknowledge it where it see it, regardless what side it's on.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned

This is literally a level of paranoia so comical I'm laughing my ass off right here.

So you actually believe he is saying that the Xbox Series S CPU is faster than the entire PS5 system overall because he didn't mention the word CPU when talking about the PS5. You know, despite the fact that the CPU is implied in the wording and the comparison of the specs themselves. I mean, he literally says:

Xbox Series X runs at 3.8GHz (3.6 GHz w/ SMT). Xbox Series S runs at 3.6GHz (3.4GHz w/ SMT) so it's .1Ghz faster or slower than PS5. It's pretty incredible that the same CPU is inside a $299 machine. Interested to see how well this performs @ 1440p.

Sony's fanboys theories are fucking amazing, I swear.

The CPU in the S is not the same as the X. He was wrong.

It is the same, just clocked a little bit below.

Jon Neu

Banned
Well that's the information he omitted

Omitted? He literally listed the differences. He said this:

Xbox Series X runs at 3.8GHz (3.6 GHz w/ SMT). Xbox Series S runs at 3.6GHz (3.4GHz w/ SMT) so it's .1Ghz faster or slower than PS5. It's pretty incredible that the same CPU is inside a $299 machine. Interested to see how well this performs @ 1440p.

How is this omitting?

Seems to me some Sony fans are so blinded by rage they don't even care to read, they just want to vent in whatever way they come up with.

reinking

Gold Member
This is literally a level of paranoia so comical I'm laughing my ass off right here.

So you actually believe he is saying that the Xbox Series S CPU is faster than the entire PS5 system overall because he didn't mention the word CPU when talking about the PS5. You know, despite the fact that the CPU is implied in the wording and the comparison of the specs themselves. I mean, he literally says:

Sony's fanboys theories are fucking amazing, I swear.

It is the same, just clocked a little bit below.
LOL.. I am a fan of PlayStation and have a PS4 but guess what? I am also a fan of Xbox and have a XB1. I have probably put a lot more hours on the XB1/or PC game pass the last month. Like I said, I am a fan of each but not a fanboy and I am capable of calling out either side when I see FUD. So, who is paranoid? Definitely not me. I have no reason to be. I just held Tom Warren at what he actually said and did not make excuses for it unlike you,

Three

Omitted? He literally listed the differences. He said this:

How is this omitting?

Seems to me some Sony fans are so blinded by rage they don't even care to read, they just want to vent in whatever way they come up with.
Because you are looking at a follow up tweet. The original tweet that sent everyone into a frenzy of clickbait articles was this

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
LOL.. I am a fan of PlayStation and have a PS4 but guess what? I am also a fan of Xbox and have a XB1. I have probably put a lot more hours on the XB1/or PC game pass the last month. Like I said, I am a fan of each but not a fanboy and I am capable of calling out either side when I see FUD. So, who is paranoid? Definitely not me. I have no reason to be. I just held Tom Warren at what he actually said and did not make excuses for it unlike you,

You are not helding anything, you are literally making shit up and trying to come with a silly theory about how "in reality" Tom Warren is claiming that the Series S CPU is stronger than the entire PS5 system to spread some evil FUD conspiracy, which is a level of crazyness that can only come from a salty man who got his feels hurt because someone made a tweet stating a fact about the Series S CPU.

Because you are looking at a follow up tweet. The original tweet that sent everyone into a frenzy of clickbait articles was this

Yes, I'm looking at his entire message which consists of 2 tweets.

Again, he isn't omitting anything, you're the one who are omitting his tweet because you want an excuse to be mad at him without looking like a salty Sony fan.

Three

You are not helding anything, you are literally making shit up and trying to come with a silly theory about how "in reality" Tom Warren is claiming that the Series S CPU is stronger than the entire PS5 system to spread some evil FUD conspiracy, which is a level of crazyness that can only come from a salty man who got his feels hurt because someone made a tweet stating a fact about the Series S CPU.

Again, he isn't omitting anything, you're the one who are omitting his tweet because you want an excuse to be mad at him without looking like a salty Sony fan.
"His entire message". Do you not know what a follow up tweet is? Did it take him 40mins to write his 1 line second part? No he got a lot of replies calling him out on the fact that he didn't state this 3.6GHZ is the SMT disabled clock speed and that the PS5 is faster with it enabled.

Dumbass xbox fanboys were all still saying Series S with SMT disabled is 3.8ghz and 3.6GHz is the enabled speed before Tom did a follow up tweet later.

Last edited:

AlexxKidd

I mean it's nothing even worth saying in the first place. Coulda woulda shoulda, point is they didn't. Bringing it up otherwise as a "Yeah well if they did they'd of gotten WAY more attention!" is vapidness at the end of the day.

There's a good probability that would've occurred but the reality is it did not, so trying to live in a theoretical about it just reeks of insecurity imo.

And placing a pair of tits in your internet avatar could speak to insecurity as well but that doesn't stop some people from doing it. I don't give a shit about that and find it funny you give a shit about this.

reinking

Gold Member

Who is making shit up? Look at his tweets and times. 8:18am -> 8:56am. I did not even see his follow up tweet because I do not follow him. Good on him for clarifying it later though.

You are trying to call me out as a "Sony fanboy" yet you are the one looking desperate to prove something.

Have a nice evening.

Jon Neu

Banned
"His entire message". Do you not know what a follow up tweet is? Did it take him 40mins to write his 1 line second part? No he got a lot of replies calling him out on the fact that he didn't state this 3.6GHZ is the SMT disabled clock speed and that the PS5 is faster with it enabled.

I'm sure he got a lot of Sony fans angry at him trying to look for an excuse to be mad, that's for sure.

But yes, a follow up tweet that connects to another tweet is a tweet to expand on your message. You know, tweets are character limited. Also, I'm sure that dude had a lot of things to do apart from writing on twitter.

Who is making shit up? Look at his tweets and times. 8:18am -> 8:56am. I did not even see his follow up tweet because I do not follow him. Good on him for clarifying it later though.

You are trying to call me out as a "Sony fanboy" yet you are the one looking desperate to prove something.

Have a nice evening.

I don't have to prove anything. Tom Warren literally has stated a bunch of facts and you are the one trying to claim he is conspiring to "FUD" the PS5 because, according to your theory, he said that the Series S CPU alone is stronger than the entire PS5 system. (Imagine believing something like that).

And the other dude claims that he omitted how the CPU of the Series S is a little bit below the one on the Series X when in reality he didn't. But if he did it 40 minutes later doesn't count, apparently. The question here is to search excuses to be mad at him, right?

The salt levels are delicious, that's for sure.

Three

And the other dude claims that he omitted how the CPU of the Series S is a little bit below the one on the Series X when in reality he didn't. But if he did it 40 minutes later doesn't count, apparently. The question here is to search excuses to be mad at him, right?

The salt levels are delicious, that's for sure.
He did omit it I'm not sure why you still believe he didn't. Whether he did it intentionally or not I don't care but a lot of xbox fans thought he stated same as Series X at 3.6ghz meaning SMT enabled.

"The PS4 Pro uses the same GPU as the RX 580 at 8.4TF. yes it is more powerful than the Xbox One X."

Last edited:

Klayzer

You don't care about the numbers, you don't look at retweets, likes, and thumbs, yet you come in here saying Xbox is "dominating the news cycle." Just what the fuck do you think metrics are used to measure that domination? If you don't care about numbers, don't come in here talking about domination, because that's what domination is, numbers!

You know why you "don't care about the numbers"? Because the numbers shit on your concern trolling "Microsoft is everywhere, blah blah blah" point. Microsoft stopped caring about numbers too, when they started getting embarrassed by them. They cared about the numbers during the days of the 360, then all of a sudden when the sales dried up, they stopped reporting them.

A man talking about Microsoft "dominating" something doesn't care about numbers, until they are used against him.
I think what he meant was "he doesn't care about Sony numbers" Xbox numbers are totally okay with him.

SMH. Can't even enjoy a price reveal for the Series X, without some whatabout Sony crap.

Klayzer

More to come. Probably Microsoft dropping the Live sub for F2P games.

Live going away is a fanboy fantasy. No way is Xbox going to give away its most consistent revenue source since its inception. If a miracle like that ever happened, it would be impossible to pass on Xbox.

Three

Why are you sending me this when I've even told you how far apart these two tweets came in and people replying to him to correct /clarify inbetween these times? He replied to himself rather than the countless tweets that already said the same thing. That doesn't make it a single message. It makes it a follow up tweet to a tweet that omitted some info originally.

'The PS4 Pro is 8.4TF in FP16 mode (4.2TF with FP32) . Interested to see how this performs @1440p'

Also, you going back and changing all your thumbs up to laughing emojis is sad.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Really though, the idea of console fans/players caring about numbers is stupid to me, really. It just doesn't make any sense. You get your console of choice for its unique games, its exclusives. No one ever buys a console based on its specs. At least not the majority.

Batiman

Banned
I’m getting the XSX but it seems the series s is gonna be huge. A lot of casual fans at work we’re talking about getting one and they’re hardcore Sony guys. It’s funny how big of a deal price is for some people. Like some of these guys have a lot of money and buy a lot of pointless shit but for some reason a cheap console attracts the hell out of them. I don’t understand why people put so much into a 100-200$ decision when it’s something that provides entertainment for years.

Jon Neu

Banned
how far apart

Shit, this response is going to come like 50 minutes after your quote. I hope you don't invalidate everything by saying it's so far apart it doesn't count!

That doesn't make it a single message. It makes it a follow up tweet to a tweet that omitted some info originally.

It is his intented message, that's why he connected both of those tweets.

But hey, if you want an excuse to be mad at him because he is stating facts, who am I to prevent you from venting?

Also, you going back and changing all your thumbs up to laughing emojis is sad.

lol, you really think I was giving you likes?

For some reason in my iphone I was giving laughing emojis reactions but somehow it was later transformed into likes. I was just correcting the course.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Umm, fucking NUMBERS WARREN (or better percentages), HOW DO THEY WORK. Holy shit. Is this guy share the same place with that "how to build a PC"? Waypoint? Or something like that...

Last edited:

Redlight

Surely the takeaway is that the Series S, despite the low price, has a CPU that's marginally faster than the PS5's CPU (albeit by one, narrow, definition).

It's an easy way to convey a complex idea. The $299 Series S is not weak, in some key areas it could be considered faster than the competition's big-guns.

It's a helpful message for everyone, as lot of potential customers would've assumed the opposite.

FritzJ92

Tactics: ok, but not for everyone
Call of Seas: smaller title
Crossfire X: looks good, but not a big title
Halo: ok, but needs a lot of work; prob late 2021
Bright Memory: looks good, but smaller title that's already out on pc
Stalker 2: sounds amazing, but they showed a bullshot trailer and is at best a 2022 game
Forza & Fable: bullshot trailers with no release window
Perfect Dark is unfortunately just a rumor, but would be cool
Avowed: a dark and short gameplay trailer looked ok, but is not enough to get hyped for

Hellblade II needed to be shown but they had nothing. This is the game that looks amazing and we need to see gameplay for.

They keep promising "the best lineup ever," but they always let down. All of their shows this year have been atrocious and insulting. I honestly don't have faith in them anymore, especially after what they pushed this past gen. They consistently miss the entire point of what gamers want: great AAA exclusives that we can look forward to. I want a reason to buy a Series X, but MS continue to insist that the only value is to play legacy titles at 4k 60fps and third parties may or may not look a little better... AND GAMEPASS!

It's just so damn disappointing to me, especially after the Xbox glory years from 2001 to 2009 where they had so many classic games. I remember being hyped out of my mind back in 2005/06 for the 360 because of Halo 3, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Splinter Cell Conviction, Kameo, Call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark, Viva Pinata, Banjo Kazooie, and potentially another KotOR game! Where the hell did THAT MS go...? I just seriously depressed myself writing that and really miss the Xbox of the 2000s. /end rant

Everyone has their preference I guess... The next 3 years have games I want to play from Xbox and only Ratchet and Clank from Sony for me... So I could give equal criticism to Sony's games line-up from my perspective and it would be just as subjective as yours is...

truth411

Pointing out .1mhz cpu clock rate (which it don't have) in isolation and suggesting that in some cases the XSS will out perform "Faster" the PS5 is absolutely ludicrous. That ignores memory bandwidth, GPU bottlenecks, the amount of Ram, it truly is ridiculous.
We haven't seen the PS5 breakdown yet, rumor has it that it's CPU L3 cache is unified not split like the XSX, XSS which decreases latency. Or it could have more than 8MB who knows, but focusing .1mhz cpu clock in speed in isolation as an indicator of system performance in some situations is pure unfiltered Bull Bile.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

Dumbass xbox fanboys were all still saying Series S with SMT disabled is 3.8ghz and 3.6GHz is the enabled speed before Tom did a follow up tweet later.

As opposed to the dumbasses who claim next gen games won't be running with SMT disabled.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Can´t skip leg day if you don´t do workout at all I´d never skip leg day bruh

giphy.gif
200.gif

Top Bottom