• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson - Massive 40 Hour DLC coming for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla in March 2022 and a smaller one in December

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Henderson claims that this forthcoming expansion for Assassin's Creed Valhalla will offer at least 40 hours of new gameplay for users. If this is accurate, it makes the new expansion far bigger than that of Wrath of the Druids and the Siege of Paris, the previous two DLC expansions for Valhalla, which launched earlier this year.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I'm pretty sure that's just the rumoured "ragnarok" expansion, which is probably going to be like the fate of atlantis dlc for odyssey.

Javthusiast

Banned
I loved the game but after 280 hours or whatever I’m done.
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Last edited:

Filldo

I think I put 80 or more hours into it and didn't even finish up a lot of the side content. I enjoyed it but it definitely felt like I was just rushing to finish by the end so I could play something else.

I don't know what it is with the new AC games, I never feel like I love them but there is something in there that keeps me playing...

Odyssey especially made me wonder why I was still playing, I never found it particularly good. But I couldn't stop playing... I did like Valhalla a lot more, better characters for me and I loved the morningstar, but yeah... kinda felt like it was never going to end...

kingfey

Banned
This series is the only one that survived from the wrath of Ubisoft. Far cry dead, tom Clancy dead, splinter cell dead.

Thats not something to brag since Valhalla is incredibly bloated and just never ends, even as a fan of the whole franchise, this seems like a waste of time.
I think I got to the very last territory to finish, like I'm pretty sure it was the only thing on the map left to help/conquer, and I just couldn't anymore. Game is so long. It became so repetitive and the writing could not keep up.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
I think I put 80 or more hours into it and didn't even finish up a lot of the side content. I enjoyed it but it definitely felt like I was just rushing to finish by the end so I could play something else.

I don't know what it is with the new AC games, I never feel like I love them but there is something in there that keeps me playing...

Odyssey especially made me wonder why I was still playing, I never found it particularly good. But I couldn't stop playing... I did like Valhalla a lot more, better characters for me and I loved the morningstar, but yeah... kinda felt like it was never going to end...

I understand. Phantom Pain was my most disappointing game ever, after being my most hyped for years, yet I still sunk 80 hours into it because of gameplay loop. xD

Filldo

I understand. Phantom Pain was my most disappointing game ever, after being my most hyped for years, yet I still sunk 80 hours into it because of gameplay loop. xD
Yeah I couldn’t finish that one but loved the freedom of it. I think the base stuff got in the way eventually and I just didn’t want to do it or ever go back to base. I think that killed it for me more than anything else. I should probably go back and finish it at some point…

I'm impressed by anyone who wasn't burned out after playing the single player campaign. Such a bloated, forgettable and safe, bland game. It wasn't bad, but it really didn't leave me wanting for even a minute more.

BlackBate

Neo Member
Isn't that the Dawn of Ragnarok founded by dataminers? I've heard also that Ubisoft is going to announce a crossover event with an older AC game soon

Neverending game becomes even more neverending. Oof.

(girlfriend has been playing Odyssesy, she's 40 hours in and no where close to completion)

Wvrs

I loved Odyssey back when but after finishing it, I never wanted to play another Assassin's Creed game again.

Maybe if they finish the ancient world trilogy and make a 1:1 scale Ancient Rome game for current-gen.

Even though it is janky as hell I really enjoyed Valhalla but it is way way too long already. I've been playing on and off since release and still not quite finished.

Burger

The quality of almost everything dipped so hard since origins. Watch some of the quest cutscenes from Origins then Valhalla. It’s almost like artists worked on Origins and a computer worked on Valhalla. The animations are just awful.

Top Bottom