• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson — "I'm hearing that there's an Xbox announcement today - Probably the direct"

clarky

Gold Member
What's new on Xbox is that we are now going to be on PlayStation.

Then they announce Starfield directors cut coming to PlayStation, then that game somehow goes on to sell 7M copies on PlayStation in one month (not gonna happen but play along). Then you have this weird unique situation where MS holds off their games on gamepass day 1 only so they can release them on Playstation first to make sales.

Some inception-type shit right there.
Whatever it is your smoking is definitely working mate.

StereoVsn

I think the decision to buy it last year was sound lol. Both the 360 HW and most games for that system were at an all time low price. I think I've bought like thirty or so 360 games (including some delisted titles) that I wanted to play and they all were really cheap.
Yep, 360 game prices even now are reasonable for the most part. I got rid of my 360 long ago (well technically it’s somewhere in storage) but bought up a ton of BC games starting with Xbox One X and continuing into XSX. It’s pretty much my BC console.

Either this is trolling or people seriously have no fucking clue why Sega left hardware and why there's zero comparison to MS.

Honestly it's a bit of Column A, but a heavy dose of Column B. Zero comparison, and it's asinine to even try to equivocate the two.

The only thing that's similar is that it was a mistake for Sega to abandon the hardware space and go third party, just like it would be a mistake for Microsoft to do the same.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
kk.

As far as im aware only HIFI Rush and possibly Sea of Thieves are the 2 games which are being touted (likely and makes sense), the rest the internet has run with and MS are doing a Sega and shutting up shop (unlikely). Think you might get conformation of the former at the direct, not the latter (lol).

According to SneakersSO just about every new Bethesda/ABK game will go multi platform.

All of them. I know of several high-profile Bethesda titles whose port work started up a few months ago. I also have some knowledge on ABK in general, and not a single project that was in dev, or that has gotten an initial approval to have an exploratory milestone achieved, has had a single discussion on exclusivity. I also now know of several titles that fall squarely under XGS, titles that have yet to be announced, that now are doing PS/Xbox/Switch 2 development.

The console wars are basically over. The public just doesn't know it yet.

clarky

Gold Member
Honestly it's a bit of Column A, but a heavy dose of Column B. Zero comparison, and it's asinine to even try to equivocate the two.

The only thing that's similar is that it was a mistake for Sega to abandon the hardware space and go third party, just like it would be a mistake for Microsoft to do the same.
Yup. Hopefully they don't chuck in the towel. I think that's unlikely unless it allows them to get GP on Playstation and Nintendo systems, then it makes sense.

The early xbox days where great i'd love to see them get back to that sort of quality, although with the current management that's highly unlikely. They clearly have no plan and zero clue what they are doing.

StereoVsn

Sega didn’t have much choice since it didn’t have Papa Microsoft with a few hundred billions $ in the bank.

Microsoft is of course in a completely different situation, but even with a giant company like this someone will eventually start treating $tens of billions spent like real money.

Last edited:

Nonehxc

Then they announce Starfield directors cut coming to PlayStation, then that game somehow goes on to sell 7M copies on PlayStation in one month (not gonna happen but play along). Then you have this weird unique situation where MS holds off their games on gamepass day 1 only so they can release them on Playstation first to make sales.

My little mind hurts just thinking of the dumb entanglements we're gonna read in forums 🤕

One thing I'm wondering...will pureblood zealots pivot like fuck once MS starts releasing games on PS/Switch and raking in good sales and starts claiming ' Sony Ponys bow to our SUPERIORITY' or something like that? They're already saying hardware doesn't matter yadda yadda, so it's logical 🖖🏻 they cling to the next red hot iron, as software sales on THEIR system(while there's still one around) doesn't matter(because nobody buys the system and much less software) but they claim as their own SUPREME victory damn good sales on their sworn enemy machine.

I mean, I'm sure there are people like that out there/in here that once the exclusivity axe is broken, next the hardware sword is broken, they will pick the rotten sausage from the dirt and try to slap everyone with their 'GLORIOUS PUBLISHER'. People are dumb like that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Welp....it's time gents!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

LOL! I'd buy Forza Horizon 5 in a heart beat on PS5.

Inception GIF by Coral Garvey

Dorfdad

Gold Member
If Microsoft exits the game console space its wraps for them going forward. All trust would be gone.

We can all scream bitch and moan but cloud is the real next step. It’s not there now for a lot of users but anyone who’s used Getorce Now on a good connection would agree that it’s very playable outside very few niche. Hell I play COD on it and usually am in the top 2-3 k/d on cloud!

With all the new advancements coming and internet speeds expanding / latency decreasing and tuning of games cloud is the answer long term for Microsoft and any real system going forward.

Putting Xbox games on consoles now is a viable solution to generate some income and float them for a few years.

Nextbox in my opinion will be a hybrid cloud and local system to bridge the gap to full cloud system over the next 10-15 years.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If Microsoft exits the game console space its wraps for them going forward. All trust would be gone.

We can all scream bitch and moan but cloud is the real next step. It’s not there now for a lot of users but anyone who’s used Getorce Now on a good connection would agree that it’s very playable outside very few niche. Hell I play COD on it and usually am in the top 2-3 k/d on cloud!

With all the new advancements coming and internet speeds expanding / latency decreasing and tuning of games cloud is the answer long term for Microsoft and any real system going forward.

Putting Xbox games on consoles now is a viable solution to generate some income and float them for a few years.

Nextbox in my opinion will be a hybrid cloud and local system to bridge the gap to full cloud system over the next 10-15 years.
I would be shocked if they left the console space anytime soon and if they are its a pretty big secret to some important people

In fact several of them are still convinced nextbox is still coming 2+ years ahead of the PS6

Now what that box looks like who knows

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I would be shocked if they left the console space anytime soon and if they are its a pretty big secret to some important people

In fact several of them are still convinced nextbox is still coming 2+ years ahead of the PS6

Now what that box looks like who knows

I agree but something in me makes me think they had a plan for the next box with the thought that that the activision deal would jump start next gen for them. However those plans have seemed to change for some reason.

Maybe they know it’s not finically worth it to invest in their current roadmap and are scrambling for a stopgap solution?

Microsoft needs to turn the Xbox into a dedicated pc IMHO, a fixed 499 gaming pc that allows people to use it for other things as well. Maybe a hybrid pc where they fix their store and force all non gaming apps to be released through it so they have more control of the experience and can ensure compatibility?

I don’t know the answer but they can’t just release another console a year early without established big and new franchises ready to go through the first year!

Wow console launch would huge get! Keyboard / controller optional

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I agree but something in me makes me think they had a plan for the next box with the thought that that the activision deal would jump start next gen for them. However those plans have seemed to change for some reason.

Maybe they know it’s not finically worth it to invest in their current roadmap and are scrambling for a stopgap solution?

Microsoft needs to turn the Xbox into a dedicated pc IMHO, a fixed 499 gaming pc that allows people to use it for other things as well. Maybe a hybrid pc where they fix their store and force all non gaming apps to be released through it so they have more control of the experience and can ensure compatibility?

I don’t know the answer but they can’t just release another console a year early without established big and new franchises ready to go through the first year!

Wow console launch would huge get! Keyboard / controller optional
Like something I said 5 or 6 months ago I think what changed is Xbox not wanting to release a console in the same window as PS, they want like a 2 year window of having their "next gen" box be the only one on the block

Will it help them? I doubt it but it sounds like something they would try at this point

Top Bottom