• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson — "I'm hearing that there's an Xbox announcement today - Probably the direct"

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
PlayStation fans are looking forward to it 😛 /s

Excited Lets Go GIF by Team USA

ManaByte

Either this is trolling or people seriously have no fucking clue why Sega left hardware and why there's zero comparison to MS.

Hudo

I remember when people shat on Nintendo when they started doing directs and decreased their E3 press conference presence.

King Dazzar

Cant wait for a load of wishy washy wank about we all play well together and that includes our customers on PlayStation, Switch, PC etc etc etc.

Last edited:
I swear, I finally broke down and bought a 360 last year to play Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, and at the rate it is going I am going to be able to play them on my PS5 by the end of the year...

I haven't even played them yet :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I think the decision to buy it last year was sound lol. Both the 360 HW and most games for that system were at an all time low price. I think I've bought like thirty or so 360 games (including some delisted titles) that I wanted to play and they all were really cheap.

Last edited:

Holammer

Time to retire the Xbox brand and convert Series consoles into Windows 11 machines. That would be a sick upgrade.
Always said it was a silly brand, but not as silly as Twitter's recent rebranding.

I think that decision to buy it last year was sound lol. Both the 360 HW and most games for that system were at an all time low. I think I've bought like thirty or so 360 games (including some delisted titles) that I wanted to play and they all were really cheap.
I was surprised how expensive 360 consoles still were. I managed to find a cheap one on Facebook local marketplace, but what I saw on ebay was kinda crazy. Now I'm stuck where I want to play then sell it asap (difficult with Yakuza and FFVII coming up in a month...), but I know as soon as I do that the ports will be announced with a bunch of upgrades or some shit and I'll wish I waited.

Then again if I waited they would have announced the 360 cures cancer and I'd have to pay $50000 for a console, so basically I would be screwed regardless.

Astray

Gold Member
Multiplat rumors aside*, I'm looking forward to seeing what they will update us on. I'm interested in Avowed and maybe South by Midnight updates.

* With the above said, if they don't kill those rumors today then they are basically all but confirming they are real.

clarky

Gold Member
Multiplat rumors aside*, I'm looking forward to seeing what they will update us on. I'm interested in Avowed and maybe South by Midnight updates.

* With the above said, if they don't kill those rumors today then they are basically all but confirming they are real.
Why today?

Astray

Gold Member
Why today?
I meant at the direct itself + accompanying interviews pr etc (not sure what day it's actually slated for).

As for the overall rationale, it's obvious that just leaving rumors swirling around social media is deeply damaging for the brand, like, even if you want to go into some form of multiplat publishing, you need to quickly address it from a PR standpoint and let your consumers know what the strategy is. The execs have been silent for 1-2 weeks now while the storm is raging.

The more they wait the more reports will come out either wondering what's going on, or adding more details they don't want to come out yet. They simply NEED to get their messaging out, no matter what it is.

clarky

Gold Member
I meant at the direct itself + accompanying interviews pr etc (not sure what day it's actually slated for).

As for the overall rationale, it's obvious that just leaving rumors swirling around social media is deeply damaging for the brand, like, even if you want to go into some form of multiplat publishing, you need to quickly address it from a PR standpoint and let your consumers know what the strategy is. The execs have been silent for 1-2 weeks now while the storm is raging.

The more they wait the more reports will come out either wondering what's going on, or adding more details they don't want to come out yet. They simply NEED to get their messaging out, no matter what it is.
kk.

As far as im aware only HIFI Rush and possibly Sea of Thieves are the 2 games which are being touted (likely and makes sense), the rest the internet has run with and MS are doing a Sega and shutting up shop (unlikely). Think you might get conformation of the former at the direct, not the latter (lol).

Astray

Gold Member
kk.

As far as im aware only HIFI Rush and possibly Sea of Thieves are the 2 games which are being touted (likely and makes sense), the rest the internet has run with and MS are doing a Sega and shutting up shop (unlikely). Think you might get conformation of the former at the direct, not the latter (lol).
Rumors have been rumbling on this very forum since beginning of December. And it ain't just about SoT and HFR. Those are seen as the confirmation of those December rumors.

I don't think it will be exactly like Sega, but MS Gaming's circumstances are not great and they have a lot of reasons to go full-multiplat.

Mr.Phoenix

What's new on Xbox is that we are now going to be on PlayStation.

Then they announce Starfield directors cut coming to PlayStation, then that game somehow goes on to sell 7M copies on PlayStation in one month (not gonna happen but play along). Then you have this weird unique situation where MS holds off their games on gamepass day 1 only so they can release them on Playstation first to make sales.

Some inception-type shit right there.

Top Bottom