• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thursday, 10 PM EST. Iwata keynote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
StephaneC said:
yes I can confirm

orly_owl.jpg

Gibbles

yoopoo said:
Is there still no conformation weather the controller will be shown or not?

Believe me, it will. I'll leave this forum and never come back if it isn't, that's how sure I am.

Juice

I'm sure they're showing the controller.

Damn, I haven't been this excited about Nintendo since Brian Stelter and I were updating Spaceworldlive.com frantically for three straight days as the GameCube was being unveiled at Spaceworld 2000...

exciting times... c'mon..

tetsuoxb

yoopoo said:
But I want conformation...not personal speculation :(

Dude, jesus.... you can't stand to wait an hour.

I can confirm the controller will not provide free handjobs. There goes the Revolution.

Zeo

Banned
So what does everyone WANT from the controller?

I want something pretty simple myself..

- GameCube-controller casing (just the basic way it's shaped, because it feels fucking comfortable)
- PS2-like button layout (go back to the standard diamond buttons, two analog sticks -- no c-stick crap, two/four shoulder buttons, d-pad)
- New features added onto that, mainly gyro, which is all i'm really asking for, maybe a mic, whatever else Nintendo has planned -- but NOTHING TOO CRAZY where multiplatform games don't happen
- As far as look goes, a black controller, with blue highlights (such as buttons, logo, whatever, to match the blue glow of the Revolution cd drive -- maybe have the buttons light up)

Ironclad

Zaxxon said:
Are we actually expecting live updates?
I don't think so. Supposedly, IGN will have some media on the keynote a little while afterwards. Good enough for me, even though live updates would be great.

Juice

tetsuoxb said:
Dude, jesus.... you can't stand to wait an hour.

I can confirm the controller will not provide free handjobs. There goes the Revolution.

But the handles' vibration will be so advanced, it WILL be able to get your girlfriend off faster than you can.

Fuck. That'd be a GREAT idea for expanding the market.

pxleyes

Banned
So if we aren't expecting live updates (lack of live blogging?) then how long can we expect this thing to go before we get the first pictures? 1 hour???

Culex

Banned
Zeo said:
So what does everyone WANT from the controller?

I want something pretty simple myself..

- GameCube-controller casing (just the basic way it's shaped, because it feels fucking comfortable)
- PS2-like button layout (go back to the standard diamond buttons, two analog sticks -- no c-stick crap, two/four shoulder buttons, d-pad)
- New features added onto that, mainly gyro, which is all i'm really asking for, maybe a mic, whatever else Nintendo has planned -- but NOTHING TOO CRAZY where multiplatform games don't happen
- As far as look goes, a black controller, with blue highlights (such as buttons, logo, whatever, to match the blue glow of the Revolution cd drive -- maybe have the buttons light up)

I want a simple button layout that is 3rd party friendly (think Super NES). If it has strangly-shaped buttons like the N64/GC, we have ourselves a lemon. If Nintendo doesn't realize this...

Juice

pxleyes said:
So if we aren't expecting live updates (lack of live blogging?) then how long can we expect this thing to go before we get the first pictures? 1 hour???

The earliest we're likely to hear a thing is 12:15 JT, which is about 11:15 EST, which is about 8:15 according to the unlabeled time system that IGN referred to without reminding its readers its based in California.

KingJ2002

I am anxiously awaiting this keynote speech.

aside from any rev news... i think iwata will have some interesting things to say.

SCE are such bitches man... waiting for nintendo to unveil their controller.

you know they are going to copy it!

xexex

Banned
this might be my last post before Revolution controller is revealed.... heh, I remember how I first saw Gamecube console and controller revealed....I had only my Sega Dreamcast for internet at the time with a free dialup ISP connection.
Videogamespot had the first picture. i saw a purple console that looked like one of those laundry dryers at the laundry mat. the circle over the disk drive. heh. that was my first impression of Gamecube, and the controller looked weird but cool. all i remember are seeing the analog sticks and the bean-shaped buttens... man.. August 2000, that was a fun time..

and now here we are...on the brink once again, about to see how we will be playing Nintendo games for the next 5 years starting in 2006...

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I have a strong feeling that anyone looking for a generic, third party friendly controller will have to look elsewhere. There is no reason for Nintendo to make such a controller. Any third party game that requires that sort of standard input will be played on the gamecube controller. From the impressions of everyone that has seen the controller, it is something completely out of this world. Let's see what they come up with to justify the name Revolution.

Alcibiades

wow if the Revolution starts tonight I'm going to cry...

I wasn't excited about this at all a few minutes ago, but now that everyone is saying it'll happen it made me really happy and got my hopes up...

IF nothing is shown tonight anybody "confirming" this deserves a 1-year ban for the emotional stress it'll cause among those getting their hopes up...

scarybore

Providing it doesnt have new revolutionary features, ill be quite happy with an evolved Gamecube controller. Its by far the most pleasing controller to hold imo, and if it heads more in a 360 controller (which seems to be my wonder controller) direction ill be very chuffed.

Krowley

Deathcraze said:
Providing it doesnt have new revolutionary features, ill be quite happy with an evolved Gamecube controller. Its by far the most pleasing controller to hold imo, and if it heads more in a 360 controller (which seems to be my wonder controller) direction ill be very chuffed.

all indication are that it will be an "omgwtf" kind of controller.. the kind of controller you look at and you can't figure out how it works...

I would actually like this and hopefully it turns out to be true.

Vieo

Does anyone know what material Revo is made out of? I mean is it something like plastic? It looks a lot like aluminum to me becaue it's so shiny. I'm hoping it's made out of aluminum and the controller is made out of aluminum as well. :D

Iamthegamer said:
Dare I say it?.....

THURSDAYTON....PART 2.

(And I'll be trying to sleep when it goes down :( )

Got done with my hair just in time. Let's see what Nintendo says. Dont be a heart breaker Nintendo lol

(just a note at how things are slowing down a great deal. So much for people not caring for what Nintendo has to say :lol )

scarybore

Krowley said:
all indication are that it will be an "omgwtf" kind of controller.. the kind of controller you look at and you can't figure out how it works...

I would actually like this and hopefully it turns out to be true.

Excellent :) (wheres a mr burns pic when you need one?)

Because you're logged in, you have saved about 35 seconds in loading this page.

Wowzers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom