• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thursday, 10 PM EST. Iwata keynote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stryder said:
Well fancy bumping into you here!

hey dude.

What are the chances Nintendo, the king of delay, would have such a forward thinking plan?

Well, isn't that what they did with the DS? One minute it seemed like a wacky handheld destined to have no support, and then Nintendo make a whole heap of announcements and everyone realized some thought had gone into software support for the system. Why should this be substantially different with the Revolution?

ell, isn't that what they did with the DS? One minute it seemed like a wacky handheld destined to have no support, and then Nintendo make a whole heap of announcements and everyone realized some thought had gone into software support for the system. Why should this be substantially different with the Revolution?

It shouldn't, but I would air on the side of caution.

Tiktaalik

This is classic Nintendo. They'll release just enough information so that the big story at TGS isn't MGS4 or any of the playable games, but the five seconds where you saw Mario. Everyone will go crazy.

Ruzbeh

Banned
Zaxxon said:
This is classic Nintendo. They'll release just enough information so that the big story at TGS isn't MGS4 or any of the playable games, but the five seconds where you saw Mario. Everyone will go crazy.
I really doubt whatever we're going to see will be that good. I swear. There's just no way whatever Iwata says will own everyone at TGS.... It... can't be...

SantaC

Zaxxon said:

5 sec of next gen Mario would actually be surprising. Nintendo wont reveal that much.

I really doubt whatever we're going to see will be that good. I swear. There's just no way whatever Iwata says will own everyone at TGS.... It... can't be...

Well, Nintendo usually does end up taking center stage at events like this. Whether or not it ends up propelling them into success after the event is another story.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Zaxxon said:
The hype is what usually the most exiting part of what Nintendo offer, usually whatever thet show turns out crap, but this seems to be something special, not as special as MGS4 because nothing videogame related is as special as MGS, but still special.

Lionheart

Anyone remember this quote?

Satoro Iwata said:
We are doing several experiments, including working with the original Super Mario Bros., with the new technology. The game itself and the gameplay shall be identical, but the look will be different; it's possible that with Revolution, we may be able to see the old games with new looks.

I bet that if they are going to show the controller, but no Revolution games, that they'll show a demo of the original Super Mario Bros., controlled with the Revolution controller. Would be a nice timing too with SMB's 20th anniversary this week and they'll avoid graphics-comparisons with X360 and PS3 games.

Akia

Lionheart said:
Anyone remember this quote?

I bet that if they are going to show the controller, but no Revolution games, that they'll show a demo of the original Super Mario Bros., controlled with the Revolution controller. Would be a nice timing too with SMB's 20th anniversary this week and they'll avoid graphics-comparisons with X360 and PS3 games.

Yeah, I could see them doing something like that.

drumlord

Lionheart said:
That's probably the most sensible prediction I've seen thus far. Personally, I think they'll show footage of a first party Revolution game, but that could just be wishful thinking. They should definitely be able to show the Rev controller playing old school games.

True "megaton" stylings would be an announcement that the Revolution will play all old Sega console games as well. Iwata should open the show playing Gunstar Heroes with the Revolution controller. It'd even fit with Sega's "we have big announcement that isn't arcade or software"

Miyamoto was quoted a while back saying the Revolution controller was built much the same way the N64 controller was built-with Mario in mind. If Nintendo shows off the controller today I'm almost postive they'll demo it with Mario.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
typhonsentra said:
2 and a half hours since his speech was scheduled to begin now. Any word from Tokyo yet?

Umm, isn't it like the middle of the night in Japan right now?

crap, I got a paper due tomorrow morning....
guess I'll have to hope that the news start coming before 11pm EST, or else tomorrow morning will really suck

Jeff-DSA

radioheadrule83 said:
Is there ANY word on live coverage?

IGN sending Anoop or anything?

I'm sure Anoop is there along with a few other IGN guys. AMN sent two people, so they'll be reporting back via cell phone to get a story up immediately. In fact, AMN did the same thing for GDC when the DS online service was confirmed.

Juice

Hey Gaffers,

I'm in Japan right now, but have a test tomorrow morning that's keeping me from being at the keynote.

Just curious if anyone has any word of a live (or even non-Insider-after-the-fact) video being put up???

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ahhh perfect tomorrow 4am for me, time to go get drunk, wake up late and read this shit and all the speculation when the crazyness has died off some.

Kuramu

thursdayton.jpg

Chrono

Banned
As long as the controller can play Gamecube games and PS3/360 ports then I don't care how crazy this mystery feature is. Thursdayton is here folks. The real thing. :D

xexex

Banned
dog95av.jpg

"Iwata, disappoint GAF with Revolution in anyway and I'll tear your fucking 'gamer heart' out with a death blast from my eyes....WOOF RLY"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom