• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thursday, 10 PM EST. Iwata keynote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironclad

Chrono said:
I think he means tomorrow night... I mean why would they reveal anything before Iwata's speech? It'd ruin everything.

Dammit I know I'm expecting it tonight now and will stay up. argh.
Yeah, you're right. Seems I jumped the gun. Getting a bit too excited I guess. They definitely won't be revealing it before his speech. This thing starts at the perfect time tomorrow night though. Just an hour after I come home from school. :D

MutFox

Banned
The Controller WILL be shown.
Look at it from a marketing standpoint.
360 is about to launch, they need to show something.

And for me, I hope the controller has 6 face buttons a la N64. (Great for fighting games.)
Can't wait to see this puppy. (I expect SLEEK just like the console.)

xexex

Banned
regardless of what is or is not shown at TGS, Pilotwings will single-handedly save the Revolution in my eyes, if a Pilotwings Revolution comes out

Chrono

Banned
MutFox said:
Look at it from a marketing standpoint.
360 is about to launch, they need to show something.

Something like game footage, which ign says isn't likely. :'(

I'd rather see 60 seconds of a next-gen Nintendo game than the controller.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
xexex said:
regardless of what is or is not shown at TGS, Pilotwings will single-handedly save the Revolution in my eyes, if a Pilotwings Revolution comes out
bwah?

xexex said:

Pilotwings + tilt sensor controller = win

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
yeah i am sure factor 5 will wrap up pilotwings for launch, since they stopped working on it like a year ago.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
DavidDayton said:
Nah. High school English for adults and/or seniors who are desperate to graduate on time.
Well I was going to say you might be a colleague of my really good friend, but in reality you might just end up teaching my little sister :lol

;)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
dot-Nick said:
The only thing that will get me excited is if they tell me they're making a Pokemon Online.
yeah, if Nintendo like money they should make a Pokemon MMORPG, but I don't think Nintendo believe in the monthly fee business model for online play do they? In any case Pokemon would adapt perfectly to MMORPG play mechanics.

Krowley

Scrow said:
yeah, if Nintendo like money they should make a Pokemon MMORPG, but I don't think Nintendo believe in the monthly fee business model for online play do they? In any case Pokemon would adapt perfectly to MMORPG play mechanics.

if they do online pokemon, they will do it on DS. they are afraid if they make an awesome pokemon console game, it will hurt their handheld buisness.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Krowley said:
if they do online pokemon, they will do it on DS. they are afraid if they make an awesome pokemon console game, it will hurt their handheld buisness.
ah yes, but what about tying the games together? In the DS version the game plays much like Nintendogs, except you're looking after your Pokemon instead of dogs/pets. The better you look after them in the DS game the better they perform in battle in the console game. With all this wireless tech they're pushing uploading stats for your Pokemon from the DS to the Rev would be a snap.

NintenPokemon... come on Nintendo. You know you want to. Nintendogs + Pokemon == Unstoppable! Add in a Pokemon MMORPG for Rev that works with the DS game and you'll truly have a megaton. $$$

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I know three folks who've seen it. They all said WTF.

One liked it, one didn't. Both said it's hard to explain. All of them kept their NDA intact.

I assume it will be shown.

Zeo

Banned
Stinkles said:
I know three folks who've seen it. They all said WTF.

One liked it, one didn't. Both said it's hard to explain. All of them kept their NDA intact.

I assume it will be shown.

I'm sure you have. :p

They did say that everything would be revealed by the end of the year. But i'm more inclined to think that Ninty would probably have their own event like a SpaceWorld where they show off everything. Rather than just at a keynote, I mean they don't even have much if any presence on the TGS floor do they?

Soybean

I'm fucking terrified. I love Nintendo (I have 5 Nintendo-themed boxer shorts for Christ's sake), and I'm afraid their wacky controller will be the nail in the coffin for them. I used to love Nintendo innovations like analog control and 4 controller ports, but lately it's all "connectivity" and e-Readers and crap. I'm so worried...

Damn it, Nintendo. Please do it right!

Zeo

Banned
Soybean said:
I'm fucking terrified. I love Nintendo (I have 5 Nintendo-themed boxer shorts for Christ's sake), and I'm afraid their wacky controller will be the nail in the coffin for them. I used to love Nintendo innovations like analog control and 4 controller ports, but lately it's all "connectivity" and e-Readers and crap. I'm so worried...

It won't be too crazy. I think this has been said time and time again.

As for it being the final nail in coffin for them, they're doing great as a company, so it's not like they're in trouble. Don't worry. :p

Soybean

Yeah, I know I'm being ridiculously dramatic, but I'm pretty serious about Nintendo. I know I'm fanboyishly mega-biased so I stay out of Nintendo debates. Anti-Nintendo threads make me cry inside. And if the controller is too weird, the deluge of anti-Nintendo sentiment throughout the internet will torment my soul.

[/drama]

But I do seriously hope whatever innovation they have is worth hiding all this time. Not like the Mario Sunshine water pack.

koam

Soybean said:

What about the DS? It's the best change in controller interface since the analog.

Soybean

koam said:
What about the DS? It's the best change in controller interface since the analog.
I personally think it's very cool, but it hasn't fundamentally changed gaming I'd say. Maybe it will later. But it's not like analog, where Sony was quick to come out w/ an analog controller of their own. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery in many ways.

On the other hand, it wasn't harmful, which is what I'm fearing for Revolution. So maybe it'll be all good. It can be worthless or underutilized, just not terrible.

Deku

Banned
My prediction. Iwata will hold up 360 controller and run out of the convention with moneybags.

I personally think it's very cool, but it hasn't fundamentally changed gaming I'd say. Maybe it will later. But it's not like analog, where Sony was quick to come out w/ an analog controller of their own. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery in many ways.

That's a flawed analogy. It's easy to immitate controllers because you just re-release a new verison. Sega did the same when the Superfami came out with about three more buttons than the standard Megadrive. It's much harder to immitate a portable until the next iteration since portables implicitly combines the controller, the screen and the processing powers into a single unit.

I'm actually curious why Iwata is showing off the cotroller so soon. Perhaps the revolution launch isn't as far behind as most people think.

Ruzbeh

Banned
Deku said:
I'm actually curious why Iwata is showing off the cotroller so soon. Perhaps the revolution launch isn't as far behind as most people think.
It's practically impossible if the Revolution launches before mid 2006... there's no way Nintendo will have a strong enough launch line-up.

Cheebs

Ruzbeh said:
It's practically impossible if the Revolution launches before mid 2006... there's no way Nintendo will have a strong enough launch line-up.
Yeah. This thing is going to be Fall 2006, no question there.

Stryder

Tim the Wiz said:
Damn. Looks like I'll have to check it out tomorrow afternoon. :(
Well fancy bumping into you here! :lol
(I thought I recognized the list you posted over at http://dsaustralia.com as being from somewhere else. ;))

12:00 Noon for me in Melbourne, I'll probably jump into IRC at that time to join in the commotion that will be going on there no doubt.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Ruzbeh said:

unless devs have been secretly creating games for a little while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom